Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-17-2011, 03:27 PM
iPad

Default Robot Wants Kitty - (by Raptisoft)

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 03-18-2011 at 01:03 AM..
Old 03-17-2011, 03:40 PM

I liked this when I played it in my browser (:
Old 03-17-2011, 04:05 PM

A preview video, for anyone who's interested:

Youtube link | Pop Up
Old 03-17-2011, 04:09 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

That actually looks pretty decent, will keep an eye
Old 03-17-2011, 04:26 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Anything by Raptisoft gets my money. Impressions shortly.
Old 03-17-2011, 04:54 PM

looks like commander keen, god how i miss that. will have to purchase right nao!
Old 03-17-2011, 05:17 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

I remember playing this on Kongregate, heh. I liked it better when it was 32bit or something, though.

Will be keeping an eye on this, nonetheless!
Old 03-17-2011, 06:15 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

his jump animation is like mega mans....uh, ill download.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:44 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default Game Impressions

Wow. Where to begin. Boring stuff out of the way first: flawless controls and frame rate, polish and attention to detail throughout. Customizable on-screen controls. Basically, technically superb in every way; not only that, but from the first few moments of play you just know the player's experience was at the forefront of the developer's mind; that, and they also happen to really know what they're doing.

Now, to the "meat" of the thing. Apparently, this is a remake of a Flash game. I've never heard of the Flash game before nor tried it, but thought I should mention the fact. Each level is basically its own separate entity. The goal on each level is to get to the kitty. You start off only being able to move left or right. You then pick up various abilities which allow you to explore further into the level, open up new areas, and eventually rescue the kitty. The abilities include things such as jump, double jump, weapon and various upgrades, a kind of "zoom" ability that allows you to, well, zoom horizontally until you let go of the button or happen to hit a wall, a helmet which let's you break certain blocks above you, and so on. In fact, the best way to describe the whole thing would be to say that each level is basically a "mini Metroid" game. Because it is. The influence is readily apparent. Astoundingly, compared at its relative "mini" proportions, I'd call the execution as being on par.

Around a half dozen levels are included. I completed one so far, which took me around 15 minutes, but have been playing through another for over a half hour due to trickier jumps and tougher enemies. Levels are also replayable with the goal of beating your best time. Significantly though: a level editor is included. I haven't messed with it yet beyond tapping on a few options but it felt smooth, intuitive and very straight forward. The ability to share levels appears to be built in, though I have not tried nor explored it yet.

Needless to say, I cannot recommend this game highly enough. When Solomon's Keep came out I recall thinking that there was a rarity on the app store: an actual complete game, with depth and thought put behind it, that isn't asking the player to settle for anything less simply because it is the iOS and we're used to it. With this release Raptisoft not only upholds that tradition but builds on it, with the result again being that we are getting something quite special. Whenever somebody asks "well, what do you expect for a buck?" as a way of justifying a less than competent, committed, or complete effort, I'm going to point a stiff finger in Raptisoft's direction.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:53 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Wow. Where to begin. Boring stuff out of the way first: flawless controls and frame rate, polish and attention to detail throughout. Customizable on-screen controls. Basically, technically superb in every way; not only that, but from the first few moments of play you just know the player's experience was at the forefront of the developer's mind; that, and they also happen to really know what they're doing.

Now, to the "meat" of the thing. Apparently, this is a remake of a Flash game. I've never heard of the Flash game before nor tried it, but thought I should mention the fact. Each level is basically its own separate entity. The goal on each level is to get to the kitty. You start off only being able to move left or right. You then pick up various abilities which allow you to explore further into the level, open up new areas, and eventually rescue the kitty. The abilities include things such as jump, double jump, weapon and various upgrades, a kind of "zoom" ability that allows you to, well, zoom horizontally until you let go of the button or happen to hit a wall, a helmet which let's you break certain blocks above you, and so on. In fact, the best way to describe the whole thing would be to say that each level is basically a "mini Metroid" game. Because it is. The influence is readily apparent. Astoundingly, compared at its relative "mini" proportions, I'd call the execution as being on par.

Around a half dozen levels are included. I completed one so far, which took me around 15 minutes, but have been playing through another for over a half hour due to trickier jumps and tougher enemies. Levels are also replayable with the goal of beating your best time. Significantly though: a level editor is included. I haven't messed with it yet beyond tapping on a few options but it felt smooth, intuitive and very straight forward. The ability to share levels appears to be built in, though I have not tried nor explored it yet.

Needless to say, I cannot recommend this game highly enough. When Solomon's Keep came out I recall thinking that there was a rarity on the app store: an actual complete game, with depth and thought put behind it, that isn't asking the player to settle for anything less simply because it is the iOS and we're used to it. With this release Raptisoft not only upholds that tradition but builds on it, with the result again being that we are getting something quite special. Whenever somebody asks "well, what do you expect for a buck?" as a way of justifying a less than competent, committed, or complete effort, I'm going to point a stiff finger in Raptisoft's direction.
Quick Q Gabrien... I have the itch to play sth new tonight. So, which do you recommend - this or League of Evil?