★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: ReRave $1.99

03-17-2011, 06:16 PM
ReRave $1.99

ReRave, the long anticipated rhythm game by Kyle Ward and Chris Foy, is finally out!

I'm on my iPod touch now, so could a mod edit this with appinfo?

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread
03-17-2011, 08:15 PM
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rerave/id417137196?mt=8#

Looks interesting...anyone know anything else about this one?
This is from their website

ummm, evidently I don't know how to embed video...http://www.youtube.com/embed/V7FZiXdb5ls

Last edited by dalbertson; 03-17-2011 at 08:19 PM.

03-17-2011, 08:38 PM
This game is really great! It is a lot like ouendan/ elite beat agents, but adds enough elements to make it it's own.

For example: the game scores you based on not only how accurate you are on hitting the beats, but how accurate you are at hitting the center of the circle. This becomes difficult when the circles start moving around to mess you up.

Registationis easy and the way the competition is set up is really nice. For each song and difficulty you see the top global score, your rival score, and your own score; this way you are always striving toplay better.

The game comes with six songs, and you can buy another 5 songs for $3. I'm having a difficult time purchasing the pack tough... I have noidea why.

Highly recommend for rhythm game junkies such as myself

"I have nothing to say, and I'm saying it" - John Cage
Plus+ ID= Maythius

Game Center: Maythius

Last edited by Maythius; 03-17-2011 at 08:46 PM.
03-17-2011, 08:48 PM
Looks great, plays really smooth. Elite beat agents was the first thing I thought of with a lot of the game play. There appears to be a very robust leaderboard system, you can gain experience and level up but I'm not sure what that does for the game play. The strength of a rhythm game is its music and this has some very good tracks to choose from although they are all very similar in sound.

There is a pack of songs available to purchase through an in-app store but I couldn't find any way to preview them. Overall it looks like an excellent rhythm game that plays to the strengths of the idevice. Definitely check it out if you're into this type of game. The addition of the store is promising as that will hopefully lead to a variety of song choices later on.
03-17-2011, 08:51 PM

Gameplay Trailer:

Note:

I don`t own that Game yet but if i get it i`ll do a HD Gameplay Trailer.
03-17-2011, 09:00 PM
Is it sad that I knew most the songlist before even playing?

This game is awesome!

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread
03-17-2011, 09:51 PM
This really was a fun project to work on, and that I'm very pleased with the results. So I hope you guys enjoy the game
03-17-2011, 10:01 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to iVaro
anyone want to toftt?

I have beta tested 57 games,
Now a reviewer at App Score!,
I do tweet GameCenter: iVaro/OF ID:1Varo
03-17-2011, 11:36 PM
This game is great. I've been waiting for this one for quite some time, and it did not disappoint. The interface is one of the most polished I have ever come across in an iOS game. Like an earlier poster said, it's a bit like EBA but it adds enough of its own elements so it doesn't feel like a rip-off. The amount of achievements is just ridiculous. There's even an option to adjust visual and audio offset, not something I've seen in an iOS game before. And the music is fantastically catchy as well. I'm going to be hearing "Beep Beep Boom" and "Chicabomb" for at least the next week. I hope that the game gets popular enough that we'll eventually see major-label artists. Perhaps this could be the game to take down the Tapulous juggernaut; it offers forgiving gameplay for the casual player, but precision challenge for the hardcore player without sacrificing accessibility or fun.

About the only complaint I have is that the backgrounds are rather plain. They just flash static images in the background while you play, and while FMVs are a distraction, they do at least offer some visual pizazz. It's a little underwhelming after going through such amazing menus. Otherwise, I urge all music game fans to pick this one up ASAP.

Check out my video reviews!Click here
03-19-2011, 03:54 AM
Game Impressions

The gameplay in ReRave is phenomenal, primarily because the designers put in place such a broad array of tools to test and then judge the player's performance and skill level. Rhythm, timing, path-tracking, precision, spacial awareness, and mitigation of sensory overload all play a role in how well the player performs in this game.

The graphics and music are barely passable, IMO, but that's not why people are here; they're here for a challenge. While it does provide that, the bar is way too low for any serious Bemani player to pile on. If you play Jubeat on the extreme setting, for instance, you might as well pass on this, because you will destroy. The combo bonus gameplay is a bit flat too.

So it is a good game and it doesn't need flashy graphics and hit tracks, the devs just need to add an additional difficulty level as the top tier and they'll have a winner on their hands.

BTW, it ships with 3 songs and there are 3 song packs in the IAP store right now: one free and two others for 3 or 4 bucks each. I played through all of them and appreciated the diversity of the beat patterns, but don't expect an experience like WINta on that score.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL

Last edited by djflippy; 03-19-2011 at 12:50 PM.