★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Sproing + Lite

04-03-2009, 10:09 AM
Sproing: Free for a limited time!

I'm the developer of an iPhone and iPod Touch game called Sproing.

From the description:
Code:
Try your hand controlling a spring in this puzzler that combines 
classic match-three game play with a sense of urgency as an accelerating 
clock counts down the seconds until the ceiling crushes you from above.

Name: Sproing
Price: $1.99
Link: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=303454447&mt=8
Website: http://sproingapp.com/index.html (There are more screenshots here)
Sproing Free: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=310518452&mt=8 (Limited to 3 levels)

It is similar in play to Bust a Move or Snood, but has been adjusted with some additional features that make it fun to play on a mobile device. For example, you can simply tap or tap and drag to shoot/aim. Most of the other similar games get this wrong and are frustrating to play. It also autosaves continuously, so you can pick it up and play for a few minutes knowing you can return to the exact spot you left off.

In any case, Sproing hasn't been getting much attention so I thought I'd start reaching out. Everyone said this is the place to start, so here I am... and I come bearing a few gifts. Below are a few codes for free downloads of Sproing, I hope you enjoy:

** All codes taken **

Any feedback for improving Sproing would also be appreciated. I'm always looking to improve.

Thanks!

UPDATE (1/21/10):
I'm making Sproing available free of charge for a limited time. Those of you who wanted to get in on the free codes awhile back can now grab it for Free! The price has just been slashed to nothing, which should be reflected in the App Store soon.

There have been some additions since then, including global high score lists and challenges using Scoreloop, so grab it while you can!

Last edited by Gizmotoy; 01-21-2010 at 09:58 PM.
04-03-2009, 10:11 AM
snagged: 37ENXFN3NLR7

I'll leave some impressions in a bit.

04-03-2009, 10:11 AM
This is the place to start. I took XM6A9E994MMM. Thank you very much. I will be trying this out and telling others!

I've been away for awhile, but I'm back.
04-03-2009, 10:14 AM
Welcome to TA!
You're right when you heared that this was a good place to start.
Hopefully you'll end up sticking around, and come to find that TA is a great community of gamers, reviewers, and other developers.

Anyway,
I redeemed 39HPXLPYKYK4. Thank you VERY much for the codes. I'm sure someone will tell you that lurkers will get most of them.

I'll try it soon and leave any feedback I have in this thread.

Again, Welcome and Thanks!
04-03-2009, 10:18 AM
3TK9J76X6H7F thanks
04-03-2009, 10:28 AM
btw....HOW do you use a promo code? I am kinda new to that. I might miss this one but if someone can tell me, I might be able to snag it

My Original Music: https://soundcloud.com/no-fury
Gaming Device: iPhone 6 - iPad Air 2
04-03-2009, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiral75 View Post
btw....HOW do you use a promo code? I am kinda new to that. I might miss this one but if someone can tell me, I might be able to snag it
go to iTunes and press redeem on the right side. Copy and paste the code. BTW damn lurkers got the rest of these codes.

I CAN'T WAIT TIL THE NEW IPHONE AHHHH I WANT IT SO BAD I'M PRETTY SURE I'M THE ONLY PERSON IN THE WORLD WHO STILL USES THE ORIGINAL IPHONE 2G.
04-03-2009, 10:31 AM
In iTunes on your computer, navigate to the App Store. In a box on the upper right you will see a link that says "Redeem". Click that, and enter the code in the box that appears. The app will then be added to your download queue and put on your device the next time you sync.
04-03-2009, 10:31 AM
So after quickly playing 7 levels of Sproing, I've got to say, this game is polished.

The Dev did a great job with both the graphics and the gameplay.

I was once a fan of Bust A Move when I was younger, and this definitely competes.

The menu is well polished, the sound effects are simple but nice and the game play is very smooth.

I honestly couldn't find anything wrong with the game for the first time playing it.
I think the only thing I can suggest at the moment would be a type of wifi or online multiplayer and an online leader board.
04-03-2009, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmAlive View Post
So after quickly playing 7 levels of Sproing, I've got to say, this game is polished.

The Dev did a great job with both the graphics and the gameplay.

I was once a fan of Bust A Move when I was younger, and this definitely competes.

The menu is well polished, the sound effects are simple but nice and the game play is very smooth.

I honestly couldn't find anything wrong with the game for the first time playing it.
I think the only thing I can suggest at the moment would be a type of wifi or online multiplayer and an online leader board.
Agree, I wish we can get some wild card to shoot instead of have it on the board before we start