★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: SMOKE, DEBRIS AND GLORY:
The first season of the National Gladiator League is here!!!

NGL is a simple and intense shoot-em-up game featuring fast-paced, adrenaline pumping action and loads of replay value.

Get bumped around at high speeds and cause havoc in an open arena as you pit your skills against your opponents in gladiatorial combat.

Hit the garage to modify your vehicle.

Each level pushes the player for time and requires a combination of speed and reflexes.

The BULLET-TIME feature allows you to enter slow motion if things start getting too hot to handle.

=====================================

FEATURES

-Realistic physics and vehicle dynamics
-3d sound effects and music
-Modify your vehicle in the garage
-Enter Bullet-Time to play in slow motion
-24 levels of intense action
-5 different gameplay modes
-6 different types of enemies to compete against

----------------------------------------------

Visit our website at http://www.kinematiclab.com/ngl for more information

Watch a video of the game on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLfgBsjGFfs
03-18-2011, 04:00 AM
Have anyone tried this game?
Looks interesting.

If no one have tried it, maybe I will TOFT on this one.

"To stop the flow of music would be like the stopping of time itself, incredible and inconceivable."
Aaron Copland
03-18-2011, 06:34 AM
Game Impressions

Well, I bought the game, I was too curious to resist.

The game is very, very simple, but somehow, they managed to screw the controls up IMO.

You control a tank that you can level up in between missions on handling, firepower, speed and acceleration.
You then enter an arena, of which you can only see a little bit of, as the camera is zoomed way too far in.
You have to shoot the other tanks, and that's basically it.

The problem is with the controls.

You control your tank with two sliders, one of each side of the screen, and it took me a while to figure out that you don't have any control over your speed, but you basically move left and right around your own axis, and the tank moves accelerates automatically, as far as I can see.

It's very un-intuitive, and even after 20 minutes of playtime, I can't really get the hang of it.

The graphics is ok, and I think they might have decided to move the camera so close, so they could show it off... Ok, but not spectacular, which doesn't bother me, I'm more interested in gameplay, and the gameplay there is, is also ruined by the choice of controls for the game.

With better controls, this might have been an even better game if they implemented multiplayer.

"To stop the flow of music would be like the stopping of time itself, incredible and inconceivable."
Aaron Copland