★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Spectre 1.2.0

03-18-2011, 02:09 AM
Spectre 1.2 - Single/Multiplayer tank shooter! Retina, Game Genter and more!

Last edited by matt_j; 03-18-2011 at 12:35 PM.
03-18-2011, 02:19 AM
Alright, it's finally here! Spectre 1.2.0! The long awaited patch that's so big it's almost like a new game!
  • iPad Support - A new HUD and weapon selection system - all on the game screen! The game host options and multiplayer join screen have also been revamped for the optimal iPad experience.
  • Arcade Mode - The all-new single player mode that was designed for iOS. It's a fast-paced score attack with different power-ups, point multipliers, and chain-explosions! Your scores are sent to the Game Center leaderboard, so you can compete with friends!
  • Retina Display Support - iPhone 4 and iPod Touch 4G users will enjoy crisp, bright Retina display-enhanced visuals!
  • Game Center Enabled! - Over 25 achievements and 5 leaderboards have been added!
  • New skyboxes! - There's even more skyboxes to add to the atmosphere. They're also HD-enabled for iPad and Retina Display users.
  • Re-balanced gameplay. Spectre Classic and VR mode are easier now.
  • Tons of bug fixes and adjustments.

This adds to the already enormous list of features, which now looks something like this:
  • 3 Single-player and 4 Multi-player modes!
  • Bluetooth, Wifi, and Internet lobby multiplayer, with AI multiplayer bots and up to 16 players!
  • Nine different weapons
  • Completely customizable online game options
  • Weapons, shield and flight energy power-ups
  • Running dedicated servers

Note
The 1.2.1 patch is on its way, with a few small bug fixes.

Available on the App Store!
Home Page

iPhone screenshots shown

Last edited by matt_j; 03-18-2011 at 12:32 PM.
03-18-2011, 03:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_j View Post
What's the deal with posting in the iPad forum if I've already posted here? I have a whole batch of iPad screenshots that would be very appropriate.
I would think it's very appropriate.. Lots of people own an iPad, but not an iPhone, thus they're not likely to check the iPhone thread..

I have both, but I've long been thinking it was strange how almost every universal game is only featured on the iPhone/touch threads on this otherwise excellent board.

The developers are sure to miss some costumers on that account...

"To stop the flow of music would be like the stopping of time itself, incredible and inconceivable."
Aaron Copland
03-18-2011, 12:37 PM
Alright, got the appinfo link in, and there's a post on the iPad forum as well.
03-18-2011, 01:00 PM
I loved playing this game over my 1200 baud modem on my PC back in the 90's.

I am thinking that it is finally worth the $4.99 price tag now that it is Universal, etc.

I remember loving how fast it was, and how much it felt like dogfighting in two dimensions resulting in much more intense action.