Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 01-22-2013, 10:41 AM

Default Twewy vs war of the lions!!!!

Ok guys I'm thinking about buying my first big (above 4.99 usd) iOS game. I think I have narrowed it down to final fantasy tactics: war of the lions and the world ends with you: solo remix (but feel free to suggest others). I was just wondering from those of u who actually own both games or either, which you think is worth the purchase. I'm running and iPhone 4 if that helps. Main issue with war of the lions is its buggy I think. Main issue with twewy is that it might be too short (correct me if I'm wrong on this one)?

Tl;dr should I get war of the lions, or twewy?
Old 01-22-2013, 12:35 PM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Wow...I'm not sure I could choose. On the one hand, FFT (WotL version) was probably the most satisfying story in a video game I've ever played. On the other hand, TWEWY touches on some excellent metaphysical subject matter, not to mention bringing some truly inspirational elements to RPGs in general (the DS version, anyway -- the version I personally played).

Either way, I don't think you can go wrong.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:14 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

I've played both versions of TWEWY and I found the iOS version to be an improvement, mainly because the top screen part of combat was my least favorite part of the game, the iOS touch screen is better than the DS's and the iOS version plays the game at a considerably higher resolution. I only have played the PS1 version of FFT though, so I don't know how well that converted; I've heard mixed things.

I don't know how long TWEWY is really, as there's no timer. I think it's shortish for an RPG, maybe 20 hours to beat. There's a lot to do though and mess around with. FFT is certainly longer; there's no question of that.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:37 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Well the grind in FFT could be tiresome if you are playing on an idevice, and that isnt necessary on TWEWY.

But between these two champions, i have to say choose whether you want more of a strategy game (FFT), or more of an RPG game (TWEWY). You cant go wrong with either. Both are worth their asking prices, and should be a great addition to your library.

As for other above $5 purchases, here are some good choices:

RPGs:
Chaos Rings (1, Omega and 2)
Drakerider (free to download, IAP to unlock the full game)
FF1
FF2
FF3
FF4
FF: Dimensions
Ravensword 2

Non-RPGs:
The Walking Dead (IAP to unlock all chapters)
Dead Space
MC4
MC3

I didnt mention other games from other genres, but you seem to like RPGs and i strongly suggest getting the Chaos Rings series above the others in the list.