★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

The second RAGE game by id software

03-18-2011, 08:16 PM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology [Original Poster]
The second RAGE game by id software

Quote:
id Software has already announced work on a second RAGE game for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad, though the Bethesda-owned developer hasn't yet divulged details on the project.

Rumour has it that this second game won't be an on-rails shooter. Instead it'll highlight the other side of the first-person shooter: vehicular action.

While this iOS instalment won't offer free roaming car combat, expect more limited vehicular mayhem. With the extra power available in iPad 2 and a new iPhone likely on the way this summer, small car combat levels aren't just possible but positively desirable given the issues with the first game's jarring on-rails camera system.

Plus, navigating decently sized levels using the accelerometer to steer and tapping to fire at mutant enemies sounds like fun. An announcement isn't expected for a couple more months at least, with a likely debut at or around WWDC, which is when Apple is sure to reveal the next iPhone.
Link: http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Vario...re.asp?c=28404

They sound pretty strong on this one. As you may know, John Carmack was on TA a few months back for a short amount of time hyping up RAGE and asking us what we'd like to see if they made a second game.
03-18-2011, 09:32 PM
Sounds cool!

Maybe they'll drop the price of their first one to promote it

I didn't really take much interest in the game before, but yesterday i added it to my appshopper wish list, and then today i saw this... it's a sign!

EDIT: Also, I know i'll probably get some hating for being cheap, (yes, i know it's only $2) but i don't have a job, as i'm currently in high school. I also have like $5 in my itunes account and there are a lot of games in my 'wish list'. (Hopefully I'll have a bit more money to spend by the time this comes out.)

Working on a wiki for Wayward Souls, so feel free to help out! Link to a list of its current pages:
http://wayward-souls.wikia.com/wiki/Wiki_Content

Last edited by Ashflow; 03-18-2011 at 09:39 PM.
03-18-2011, 11:12 PM
Send a message via MSN to GHRocker08 Send a message via Yahoo to GHRocker08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashflow View Post
Sounds cool!

Maybe they'll drop the price of their first one to promote it

I didn't really take much interest in the game before, but yesterday i added it to my appshopper wish list, and then today i saw this... it's a sign!

EDIT: Also, I know i'll probably get some hating for being cheap, (yes, i know it's only $2) but i don't have a job, as i'm currently in high school. I also have like $5 in my itunes account and there are a lot of games in my 'wish list'. (Hopefully I'll have a bit more money to spend by the time this comes out.)
Well look at it this way... I'm in the exact same situation as you, but when you're getting something developed by id Software, it's almost definitely a quality product, so you'll be getting your $2 worth
03-18-2011, 11:22 PM
Meh, going to wait for that real FPS.

Follow me (@zeroxharuhi) on Twitter!