★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Still not tired of scraping evil machines, shooting raging mutans, facing bloodthirsty gangers and anihilating human kind or whats left of it? So come on and continue your journey in the world of Neuroshima Hex. This postapocaliptic world is still full of struggle and troubles. Lead your troops and try to solve the worst case scenarios found on the wastelands battlefields.

And remember: In Neuroshima Hex Puzzle no one cares to hear you scream.

Neuroshima Hex Puzzle is a single player campaign set in the world of Neuroshima Hex. Use your strategic skills to lead your troops to victory and find your way out from 100 hopeless battle situations. No AI. No randomness. No luck factor. Only you, your enemies and a lot of tactical planning.

FEATURES

- 100 (yes, one hundred!) scenarios to solve
- Official Neuroshima Hex armies & artwork
- In-game tutorial & manual
- Long hours of exciting gameplay
- Universal application (iPhone, iPod Touch, Retina, iPad)
- Game Center support
03-19-2011, 12:01 AM
I don't understand what the difference between this and the first game is. How can it be single player and include enemies if there's no AI?

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

03-19-2011, 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
I don't understand what the difference between this and the first game is. How can it be single player and include enemies if there's no AI?
I didn't find many details on the game but it's a puzzle variation of Neuroshima Hex.

Each puzzle starts with a scenario to explain whats going on and pieces already laid out. Your goal is to solve each puzzle by doing damage to the enemy HQ(s) like usual but I have no idea about how many rounds you are given, etc.

I don't know anyone that got a prerelease version so that's as much as I know
03-19-2011, 03:36 AM
I'll be more than happy to explain.

It's a a set of 100 scenarios where you have to take one turn, position your tiles and then the battle starts! Scenarios are very tricky, so it may sound easy, but sometimes it takes a lot of planing to solve.

And because one image is worth thousand words here's a video trailer showing how this game looks like:

Youtube link | Pop Up

@VeganTnT, could you add this video to post?
03-19-2011, 07:44 AM
Just like a chess puzzle. Very well, sold.

Statement: Star Wars has 2 characters with strange use of grammar: Yoda and HK-47. I pick HK-47 for it is meaner.

Honestly, I was never terribly good at games. - Finch (PoI S2E16)
03-19-2011, 08:12 AM
Game Impressions

If you like Neuroshima Hex even a little, and it is outstanding so you should, this is for you. It is a series of puzzle scenarios that take mere seconds to play through each... if you grok the answers. They get harder and eventually you will sweat some neurons working them out.

The chess puzzle analogy is very apt. Just like and game it is based on, great art, graphics, sound and execution. Plays great on iphone, ipod and ipad. Runs great on older devices. I couldn't be more pleased.

I am a little confused by making this a stand-alone app and not an expansion to NH. But I guess new apps get press attention and updates to older ones not so much.
03-19-2011, 08:33 AM
Awesome! Instabuy, Congratulations BigDaddy! Another great game.
03-19-2011, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojtitus View Post
Awesome! Instabuy, Congratulations BigDaddy! Another great game.
+1
03-19-2011, 09:31 AM
At first I thought this was a lite version of sorts. Given that this is a stand-alone app, I'm buyin'.

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy
03-19-2011, 09:45 AM
Insta-buy!

Got it the second it was out, I'm really glad about this release. I love the puzzle aspects of this one, the graphical style (with a new background for the map... thanks!), the fact that they took the time to write short introductions for the levels... but more than ever, as I'm still pretty new to Neuroshima Hex, I can already see how this is going to improve my gameplay and my tactics during real Neuroshima Hex! matches afterward. Really excited about that!

Highly recommended.

Only thing that I would've loved to see with this release is a leaderboard of some sort on Game Center... I'd like to know how I'm doing compared to other players. Basically, the number of Hex-Aches solved. While the achievements are great, it only allows you to compare how you're doing between you and your friends... so it's quite different for me.

Currently playing: Out There, Ledoliel, Doctor Who: Legacy, Sky Force 2014, Canabalt

Last edited by Maxime Briand; 03-19-2011 at 09:54 AM. Reason: small fixes