★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Clash of Mages is tactical game built around mage duels. Nice graphics, atmospheric music, simple rules and endless gameplay!

Stand against AI opponents, try to defeat other players online or play with your friends and family on a single device, anyway you'll have a lot of fun!

Game features:
Stylish graphics
Atmospheric music
Online Multiplayer
Top 100 Leaderboard
Achievements system
Multiplayer on a single device
Single player campaign
Tutorial campaign
Quick battles
Advaced tactical AI
Easy to use magic system
No long manuals needed

Supports all devices (from 2g to 4g, and there is also HD version for iPad)

daniel.s's comments:

Hi everyone,

I'm glad to introduce our new game, Clash of Mages is finally available for iPhone/iPod Touch!

Nice graphics, atmospheric music, simple rules and endless gameplay. Play against AI, join Online battles or try to defeat your friends, anyway you'll have a lot of fun!

Check iTunes page of Clash of Mages:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/clash-of-mages/id425565041?mt=8

Short gameplay video demonstrating single player:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Game features:
- Online Multiplayer with Top 100 Leaderboard
- Achievements system
- Multiplayer on a single device
- Single player campaign
- Quick battles with 3 difficulty levels
- Advaced tactical AI
- Simple and easy to use magic system (no long manuals needed!)

Check game's official web site for details:
http://www.clashofmages.com
03-19-2011, 12:36 PM

(GC = BUNGLEZ) (OF = farmersuitical) (Plus+ = bungle747) (Crystal = bunglez)

I review apps and games frequently in the UK app store, and here on the forums. If you want anything reviewed, just ask.

03-20-2011, 08:22 AM
Thanks
03-21-2011, 04:33 PM
Clash of Mages will get update soon. In-game chat will be added.
03-22-2011, 08:25 PM
Hi, I have one promo code to share
KEWLH3L4HFHE
03-22-2011, 08:36 PM
Got the code - thanks.
I'll give it a shot and share my opinions later.

Game Designer, Web Developer, Jack-of-all-trades
www.artfoundry.com
Gamecenter ID: Delerium
Alt TA: LCDDreams
03-22-2011, 08:41 PM
Great! We are working on update now, so we'll be glad to hear any suggestions.
03-23-2011, 09:12 PM
So I played this last night. I played the entire campaign - all 7 battles of it. Took me about 45 minutes or so. There's also single games you can play and hotseat multiplayer, but I didn't try those (no one to play with). So there's not a whole lot of content. And other than increasing difficulty level and different backgrounds, the gameplay is the same for each battle.

As for the gameplay itself, it's very similar to Strongholds and other card battle type games like that (there's another one I played a while back that was VERY similar - side view of two castles that would raise/lower - but I can't remember the name of it). The main difference is that both players choose from the same set of 6 random cards rather than each player having his own cards from which to choose. Makes for an interesting strategic twist since you not only have to look at what you can play but also look at what your opponent might choose. Otherwise, it's pretty basic - 3 resources to use to spend on cards that can increase your tower height, increase your shield, increase some of your resources, decrease your opponent's tower, decrease opponent's shield, decrease opponent's resources, or a combination of any of these. There are also the cards that will first decrease shield and if that's depleted then will decrease the tower.

AI is moderately challenging, especially in the later battles. Graphics are decent - nothing eye-catching but not terrible. One thing that could be improved in that area is the numbers - they're quite small on an iphone. Not nearly as easy to read on the device as they are in the screenshots. More sound effects and better animations would be nice too - in particular for increasing the tower height. I myself would go with a different concept for the tower - like have it become more ruined instead of decreasing in height. But that's just a personal opinion. Shield graphic is not completely obvious at low strength. More music variety would be nice too - maybe a different song for each different background.

Overall, if you like games like Strongholds, you'll probably like this. Price is right I think, compared to Strongholds. If there are updates coming to add more flare and maybe some other gameplay elements to enhance the overall experience, then this could really go somewhere. As it is now, I'd probably give it a 3 out of 5.

Game Designer, Web Developer, Jack-of-all-trades
www.artfoundry.com
Gamecenter ID: Delerium
Alt TA: LCDDreams
03-24-2011, 04:31 PM
Hi,

Thanks for honest review. We'll release update soon, and planning to improve visual effects first.
04-14-2011, 12:33 PM
Good news! Clash of Mages got first update!

This version includes new visual effects and minior bug fixes.

Youtube link | Pop Up