★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Dissapointing Tetris Clone- Touchris

07-29-2008, 09:21 PM
Dissapointing Tetris Clone- Touchris

I balked at the hefty price tag on the official release of Tetris, so when i saw Touchris appear in the app store for 1.99 i thought it was a sure bet. Turns out the controls are so unresponsive, laggy, and counter-intuitive, the game is practically unplayable. Tetris-like puzzlers require pretty tight controls; it shouldn't be a fight just to spin and place a block.

Dragging on a block moves it while on its downward path, but it won't keep up with your finger very well, so you'll find yourself going back to it after passing it, resulting in the block jumping wildly all over the stage.

Response seems to get worse as more blocks enter the stage as well.

Maybe if they gave this an overhaul it would be worthwhile. Clean 3D graphics and a simple presentation are ok for 2$, but bad controls wouldn't make it worth downloading for free.
08-01-2008, 12:25 PM
hmmm

I kind of wonder how long this game will be there anyway. I seem to remember the Tetris folks being extremely protective of their game. They even shut down Quinn, a completely free tetris clone for the Mac. If they are going after free games it seems highly likely that they are going to go after this guy.
01-24-2011, 04:41 PM
Disappointing indeed!

Hi there!