Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-20-2011, 02:14 AM
iPad

Default War Pinball - by Gameprom [v1.1 - GameCenter, TV out]

Quote:
Description
✭HANDS-ON with War Pinball HD✭

❒ Optimized specifically for Retina Display for iPhone 4
❒ Based on movies (Platoon, Missing In Action, Navy SEALs)
❒ From the creators of the legendary Pinball HD

✭IMPORTANT✭
Not supported devices: iPhone 2G, iPhone 3G, iPod touch 1st and 2nd generation.

✭ABOUT THE GAME✭
The amazing new War Pinball HD, developed in collaboration with MGM Studios.

Three unique, war-themed pinball tables based on all-time Hollywood hits:

✭ The four-time Oscar winner "Platoon" (directed by Oliver Stone,
starring Charlie Sheen as Chris)

✭ "Navy SEALs" (directed by Lewis Teague, starring Charlie Sheen as Dale Hawkins,
Michael Biehn as James Curran)

✭ "Missing in Action" (directed by Joseph Zito, starring Chuck Norris as James Braddock)

The magic of Hollywood mixed with the magic of the Gameprom 3D Engine
to provide the best pinball action currently available for the iPhone,
iPod, and iPad.

✭FEATURES✭
✔ gameplay with a missions system
✔ awesome 3D cinematic graphics
✔ a unique soundtrack and voices from the movies
✔ camera effects with different types of view
✔ local and high scores
✔ real-time tweeting of high score results on Twitter
✔ hours and hours of pure action in your very own hands

Take a deep breath... and get it right now!
iPad Version: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=87949

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 03-20-2011 at 02:18 AM..
Old 03-20-2011, 03:07 AM

Im reposting my little mini-review from the upcoming thread for war pinball.
But one additional word first: Chuck Norris Pinball is so mindblowing of a pinball board, it is seriously a work of pinball art. The whole board is like nothing I've played. THERE ARE NO SIDE OUTS for the pinball, you can only lose the pinball when it flows through the middle. This does not make the board easy by any chance, but it is an intriguig board design. ANOTHER AWESOME THING ABOUT THE CHUCK NORRIS BOARD: IT DOES NOT RESET YOUR PROGRESS IN THE GAME WHEN U LOSE A BALL!!! What that means is that its easier to get to the final mission, as u dont need to restart from the beginning every time u lose a ball to eventually get to the multi-ball. Seriously genius work, this board is soo damn fun!

Navy seals and platoon are intriguing boards as well, but so far I havent caught the fire with them. When I do I'll post some thoughts here.

Seriously, for 99 cents, I cant believe this game was released, its worth at least 3, if not 5. Compared to all the other big name pinball games costing 5 bucks for ONE BOARD, i mean, there really is no comparison.

Ok, follows is my original thoughts as posted in the other forum:

Omg
Ok, starting of with the basics.

The engine is exactly like the other gameprom pinballs, if u like this gravity, u will LOVE these tables, if u want pinball with more of a 'magnet under the table feel' well nothing has changed so just understand that. I personally think the physics r spot on.

Second, lets talk Bout value. 99 damn cents for three of the most ingenious pinball tables i have ever played. Tble design , especially the missing in action table, is right up with the greats like twilight zone and star trek pinball. There r tons of ramps, and other crazy shit to shoot at. The mini-game in platoon is sheer genious and flows exactly with the style of the movie.

Finally, playing these tables actually made me want to watch the movies asap! Ok, im not a big platoon fan, but ive never seen navy seals nor missing in action, and i must see them now!!

Gameprom, thanx, this game is rockin!!
Old 03-20-2011, 03:12 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Send a message via AIM to russiaone

Nice review, Mook. This collection is genius. And 99 cents is totally ridiculous for something of this quality. It's SHOCKING how good this looks in 3D on iPhone 4. Can't wait to compare the 3D w/glasses to my 3DS on 3-27.

Got both Gameprom pinball collections on my phone. Am a happy camper.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:03 AM

How are the tables in comparison with other pinball games? I know their physics are good and their graphics are lovely but I honestly have never been impressed with their actual table mechanics. Are these better? Or much the same?
Old 03-20-2011, 04:14 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

I have two questions:

Will Game Center be added to War Pinball in a future update?

Is War Pinball ever going to be added to the Pinball HD app? (Kind of what happened with Slayer Pinball.) Because if it is, I would hate to re-purchase the app again like I did with the other Gameprom pinball games. It would be awesome if all of the tables were in one app!
Old 03-20-2011, 04:22 AM

Beef Jerky:

I'm totally in the same boat as u. While I did like the Deep Pinball, it was too much like 3d Space Pinball Cadet, and didnt feel like something new. The western pinball was kinda meh, just not much going on, and Jungle Pinball was alright, but just didnt feel very intense to me.

War Pinball is a totally different beast. For Christ sake IT HAS CHUCK NORRIS!!

Have you played any real arcade pinball cabinets, and the crazy kinda mechanics they have? I'm thinking specifically of, well, really, and modern pinball game over the last 15 years. War Pinball is very much like those, each table has intriguing unique game mechanics that totally make them a joy to play. These were the pinball tables I have been waiting for since I ever got my ipod about a year ago.

For example in the Missing In Action table, you literally actually play through all major events of the movie, from blowing up a guard tower, blowing up I think its a bus/truck thing, blowing up a boat, and eventually rescuing hostages. As a result, there are 4 missions that u keep going through, baiscally cycling through, and you really good if u get through one cycle (1 cycle = all four missions). Once u have rescued the hostages, that starts the multiball, and restarts the cycle. Im not sure about platoon or navy seals, but I read the intro guides to the tables, and they do have storyline mechanics as well.

Seriously, CHUCK NORRIS WILL ROUNDHOUSE KICK YOUR FACE IF U DONT BUY WAR PINBALL!@#!@#!@#!@#@#!@

Last edited by Mookmonster; 03-20-2011 at 04:27 AM..
Old 03-20-2011, 04:41 AM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Thanx guys! Was lucky enough to get 3 of your earlier pinball games for free on the first day I got my iTouch. Had no hesitation in grabbing this, I knew it would be good. Your products definately make my list of top 10 gaming values at the appstore.
Old 03-20-2011, 05:01 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodFidelity View Post
Is War Pinball ever going to be added to the Pinball HD app? (Kind of what happened with Slayer Pinball.) Because if it is, I would hate to re-purchase the app again like I did with the other Gameprom pinball games. It would be awesome if all of the tables were in one app!
I'd like to know this too.
Old 03-20-2011, 05:11 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Fantastic game 59p is a steal. Loving the tables, the voices are a great touch and the graphics on my iPod 4g look amazing.
Only one question. What does the restrictions tab in options do? When I click it a password screen comes up ?
Old 03-20-2011, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mookmonster View Post
Seriously, CHUCK NORRIS WILL ROUNDHOUSE KICK YOUR FACE IF U DONT BUY WAR PINBALL!@#!@#!@#!@#@#!@
Chuck Norris jokes are lame and old. Everybody knows he is a complete sissy and a right wing nutjob. The earth would be a better place without him.

Anyhow, the pinball is quite fun. Too bad Gameprom insists on giving us those ridiculous flippers. Why on earth can't they create realistic flippers? That's basically the only thing missing.

My opinion might seems awfully picky to younger gamers who are more after the bling and graphics but somebody even a bit older (born 60's or 70's) will remember that a large part of what made pinball games fun was the actual ball handling. Yeah. Shock horror! Pinball games are skill based games and on real tables you can pretty much control the ball 100%.

For instance the Gameprom way of implementing the flippers makes it virtually impossible to do the basic flip switch trick (forcing the ball from one flipper to the other, consistently without mistakes) which is one of the easiest ball control tricks on a real pinball.

.99 cents does make the game a real bargain though. 3 nicely visual tables and much deeper game play than The Deep or the miserable West table.

I just wish Cunning Development would get back in business and create the Pro Pinball series for the iphone (should be technically possible). Then we'd have a truly good simulator for our phones. For now, this will do.