★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Azkend

04-03-2009, 09:38 PM
Azkend

If you like puzzle games, you will love this new one from MythPeople. I have played Azkend on my Mac and just downloaded the app. It's on sale for $2.99 and I think it's worth it. The graphics are gorgeous, too.
04-03-2009, 09:40 PM

04-03-2009, 09:42 PM
Thanks for the link. I tried but I just can't seem to do it right.
04-03-2009, 09:49 PM
Wow those are GREAT graphics.
04-03-2009, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine View Post
Thanks for the link. I tried but I just can't seem to do it right.
Just right click on the App's picture in itunes, click on the copy URL then click on the link icon in the posting window and paste the URL.
04-03-2009, 09:53 PM
Or put the app name in between the [app ]Name of the app[/app ] tags

Take out the spaces

Last edited by darkhorse; 04-03-2009 at 09:56 PM.
04-03-2009, 10:30 PM
There is a flash version you can try:

http://www.mythpeople.com/Play_Online/azkend.html

Azkend is a very polished game with some very nice graphics and relaxing Japanese music. The objective is to complete matches/chains of three or more which causes them to disappear with new ones appearing in their place. If you complete a chain of 7, you receive a lightning bolt which clears a variety of tiles in the area. One of the powerups is a wild card tile that allows you to connect non-matching tiles. As you complete matches, the tiles also turn blue and once the entire screen is blue, then you receive a talisman. Each talisman (7 in all) has a special power which you can use in the next puzzle. Of course, there is a time limit and various obstacles , and while getting the first puzzle was relatively easy, it gets more difficult. After each level, you also receive a rank depending how much time is left on the timer (the faster you are, the better your rank). Anyway, these impressions are based on my limited time with the flash version, but my guess is the iTunes version is just as good.

Last edited by Big Albie; 04-03-2009 at 10:34 PM.
04-03-2009, 10:31 PM
Great game indeed!

Very, very polished.

Adventure mode starts easy and slowly becames more complex with addional obstacles.

Recommended!

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8
04-03-2009, 11:23 PM
I've been playing for a while now and I have to say that the game is perfectly suited to the iPhone/iPod's touch controls. I just love the game!
04-03-2009, 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Albie View Post
There is a flash version you can try:

http://www.mythpeople.com/Play_Online/azkend.html

Azkend is a very polished game with some very nice graphics and relaxing Japanese music. The objective is to complete matches/chains of three or more which causes them to disappear with new ones appearing in their place. If you complete a chain of 7, you receive a lightning bolt which clears a variety of tiles in the area. One of the powerups is a wild card tile that allows you to connect non-matching tiles. As you complete matches, the tiles also turn blue and once the entire screen is blue, then you receive a talisman. Each talisman (7 in all) has a special power which you can use in the next puzzle. Of course, there is a time limit and various obstacles , and while getting the first puzzle was relatively easy, it gets more difficult. After each level, you also receive a rank depending how much time is left on the timer (the faster you are, the better your rank). Anyway, these impressions are based on my limited time with the flash version, but my guess is the iTunes version is just as good.
So is it safe to assume the game only has 7-8 levels? Another app that discretely decided to leave out how many levels are in the game in the description. Jewel Quest has quite a few levels, with the same concept in mine, I sure hope I'm wrong and the devs of Azkend surpassed that.