iPad

Default Angry Birds Rio HD - (by Rovio Mobile) [v1.1 - Beach Volley]

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

Lite : http://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/angry-birds-rio-hd-free/id426126058?mt=8

iPhone Version : http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=88188

Last edited by salsamd; 03-21-2011 at 10:07 PM..
Old 03-21-2011, 08:09 AM

WTF??? Are you kiddin me? Rovio rules! Instant buy!
Old 03-21-2011, 09:19 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by KorshunGT View Post
WTF??? Are you kiddin me? Rovio rules! Instant buy!
Funny. I had the exact opposite reaction.

WTF??? Are you kidding me? Another Angry Birds game? Give us a break already!
Old 03-21-2011, 09:32 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by CzarCastic View Post
Funny. I had the exact opposite reaction.

WTF??? Are you kidding me? Another Angry Birds game? Give us a break already!
LOL There is truth in this comment. Buy one of them and you receive updates from time to time with new levels and new features (i.e.: the $1 eagle), so why bother buying new ones?

However, this one does come with new characters from an upcoming movie. So it does have its appeal.

For those having problems with the pricing of this new one (me included)? Well, words like "consumerism" and "capitalism" sums it all up, I would think.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:35 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

More importantly, this game is an advertisement. Why isn't it free, or at least no more then 99 cents. That's pretty outrageous and pretty darn disappointing.

I'm *definitely* ready for Rovio to work on something new. Angry Birds was great, and while I'll still play updates to the original and seasons, the romance is over.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:42 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

First: this game is a sponsored deal. Rovio was paid a substantial amount of cash to use their multi million user base to promote the Rio Movie. These promotional games should be FREE. BUT as we all know Rovio is getting more than a little greedy.

Second: This brings me to all the ads popping up in the PAID Angry Birds games (thee the original Angry Birds HD thread for that). Another GREAT example of Rovio, forgetting who paid for their success and screwing with their once so loyal user base.

Thirds: the price difference between the iPad and the iPhone versions is downright ludicrous. Top that with the fact that this is a promo and Rovio already got paid: it's ludicrous to the max.

Rovio are well on their way of being banished from my macs, ipads, iphones and ipods. Screw that crap. It's not pretty Rovio. You are getting disrespectful and greedy.

Not buying.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:06 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by yongkykun View Post
However, this one does come with new characters from an upcoming movie. So it does have its appeal.
But...there's no indication (at least in the promotional material that I've seen so far) that those two new characters are playable birds.

It says, "In Angry Birds Rio, the original Angry Birds are kidnapped and taken to the magical city of Rio de Janeiro, where they eventually escape their captors and set out to to save their friends, Blu and Jewel two rare macaws and the stars of the upcoming Fox motion picture, Rio."

Based on this and the promo video, I would then assume that you use the same ol' birds from the previous Angry Birds iterations to save the new birds from the movie. I don't see anywhere in any of this that the two new birds from the movie bring anything new to the formula.

And...you can be sure that there will be two dozen links to Rovio's website so they can hock their propaganda. I'm not interested in paying for a glorified advertisement at this point. Give me a new Angry Birds game with new birds and maybe I'll bite again.

I would also bet money that these games (Angry Birds Rio for iPhone and iPad) will be significantly discounted in celebration of the release of the movie. I'll wait for that...then complain about the ads again.
Old 03-21-2011, 03:12 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

I caved in and bought this ****, cause apparently, it's not $5! It's AU$3.99, which is around US$2.99?
Old 03-21-2011, 03:47 PM
iPad mini 2

I was expecting two dollars - one cent like Angry Birds Seasons :/ I guess I'll wait for a sale (maybe when the movie is released).

I'm still wondering about Darkest Fear. Why did they get rid of it in the app store

EDIT: Nvm.

Last edited by 5duc29; 03-21-2011 at 04:02 PM..
Old 03-21-2011, 04:43 PM

By my account, it's NZ$4.19, making it likely to be US$2.99.