★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: FREE FULL GAME DOWNLOAD NOW!

What happens when everyone's favorite fierce fowl get caged and shipped to Rio? They get very angry!

OFF TO RIO!
The original Angry Birds have been kidnapped and taken to the magical city of Rio de Janeiro! Theyve managed to escape, but now they must save their friends Blu and Jewel two rare macaws and the stars of the hit movies, Rio and Rio 2.

THE MIGHTY EAGLE!
The Mighty Eagle is a one-time in-app purchase that you can use forever. If you get stuck on a level, this cool creature will dive from the skies to smash those meddling monkeys into oblivion. Theres just one catch: you can only use the Mighty Eagle once per hour! Mighty Eagle also includes all new gameplay goals and achievements.

POWER-UPS!
Boosting your birds abilities helps you complete levels with three stars so you can unlock extra content! Power-ups include the Sling Scope for laser targeting, Power Potion to supersize your birds, Samba Burst for dancing destruction, TNT for a little explosive help and Call the Flock for a blizzard of Macaw mayhem!

320 FUN LEVELS! Plus 72 action-packed bonus levels across 12 addictive episodes!

SPECTACULAR BOSS FIGHTS! Put your bird flinging skills to the ultimate test!

CALL THE FLOCK! Get some demolition help from your Macaw buddies!

POWER POTION! Juice up your bird! Power Potion transforms any bird into a devastating giant!

UNLOCK BONUS LEVELS! Find objects hidden throughout the game to unlock even more levels!

-----
Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.angrybirds.com

Become a fan of Angry Birds on Facebook!
http://facebook.angrybirds.com

Terms of Use: http://www.rovio.com/eula

This application may require internet connectivity and subsequent data transfer charges may apply.

Important Message for Parents

This game may include:
- Direct links to social networking websites that are intended for an audience over the age of 13.
- Direct links to the internet that can take players away from the game with the potential to browse any web page.
- Advertising of Rovio products and also products from select partners.
- The option to make in-app purchases. The bill payer should always be consulted beforehand.

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

Lite : http://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/angry-birds-rio-hd-free/id426126058?mt=8

iPhone Version : http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=88188
03-21-2011, 08:09 AM
WTF??? Are you kiddin me? Rovio rules! Instant buy!

03-21-2011, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KorshunGT View Post
WTF??? Are you kiddin me? Rovio rules! Instant buy!
Funny. I had the exact opposite reaction.

WTF??? Are you kidding me? Another Angry Birds game? Give us a break already!

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic
03-21-2011, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CzarCastic View Post
Funny. I had the exact opposite reaction.

WTF??? Are you kidding me? Another Angry Birds game? Give us a break already!
LOL There is truth in this comment. Buy one of them and you receive updates from time to time with new levels and new features (i.e.: the $1 eagle), so why bother buying new ones?

However, this one does come with new characters from an upcoming movie. So it does have its appeal.

For those having problems with the pricing of this new one (me included)? Well, words like "consumerism" and "capitalism" sums it all up, I would think.
03-21-2011, 09:35 AM
More importantly, this game is an advertisement. Why isn't it free, or at least no more then 99 cents. That's pretty outrageous and pretty darn disappointing.

I'm *definitely* ready for Rovio to work on something new. Angry Birds was great, and while I'll still play updates to the original and seasons, the romance is over.
03-21-2011, 09:42 AM
First: this game is a sponsored deal. Rovio was paid a substantial amount of cash to use their multi million user base to promote the Rio Movie. These promotional games should be FREE. BUT as we all know Rovio is getting more than a little greedy.

Second: This brings me to all the ads popping up in the PAID Angry Birds games (thee the original Angry Birds HD thread for that). Another GREAT example of Rovio, forgetting who paid for their success and screwing with their once so loyal user base.

Thirds: the price difference between the iPad and the iPhone versions is downright ludicrous. Top that with the fact that this is a promo and Rovio already got paid: it's ludicrous to the max.

Rovio are well on their way of being banished from my macs, ipads, iphones and ipods. Screw that crap. It's not pretty Rovio. You are getting disrespectful and greedy.

Not buying.
03-21-2011, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yongkykun View Post
However, this one does come with new characters from an upcoming movie. So it does have its appeal.
But...there's no indication (at least in the promotional material that I've seen so far) that those two new characters are playable birds.

It says, "In Angry Birds Rio, the original Angry Birds are kidnapped and taken to the magical city of Rio de Janeiro, where they eventually escape their captors and set out to to save their friends, Blu and Jewel two rare macaws and the stars of the upcoming Fox motion picture, Rio."

Based on this and the promo video, I would then assume that you use the same ol' birds from the previous Angry Birds iterations to save the new birds from the movie. I don't see anywhere in any of this that the two new birds from the movie bring anything new to the formula.

And...you can be sure that there will be two dozen links to Rovio's website so they can hock their propaganda. I'm not interested in paying for a glorified advertisement at this point. Give me a new Angry Birds game with new birds and maybe I'll bite again.

I would also bet money that these games (Angry Birds Rio for iPhone and iPad) will be significantly discounted in celebration of the release of the movie. I'll wait for that...then complain about the ads again.

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic
03-21-2011, 03:12 PM
I caved in and bought this ****, cause apparently, it's not $5! It's AU$3.99, which is around US$2.99?
03-21-2011, 03:47 PM
I was expecting two dollars - one cent like Angry Birds Seasons :/ I guess I'll wait for a sale (maybe when the movie is released).

I'm still wondering about Darkest Fear. Why did they get rid of it in the app store

EDIT: Nvm.

Top 5 Apps Dead Space. World of Goo. AC II: Discovery. Plants vs Zombies 1 and 2.

Last edited by 5duc29; 03-21-2011 at 04:02 PM.
03-21-2011, 04:43 PM
By my account, it's NZ$4.19, making it likely to be US$2.99.