★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The Galaxy's most competitive arcade game comes down to earth - now available for your iPhone, iPod touch and iPad!

This action game takes you deep into outer space, where you have to fight your way through thousands of levels featuring an awful lot of deadly fireballs, spike mines and rotating cubes.
Each level comes with its own online leaderboard and finishing rewards resulting in unlimited competition with your friends and people from all over the world.

But that's not all: Galaxy Raider comes with a fully supported in-game level editor so you can create your own levels and share them with the world.

Full list of game features:
- thousands of levels, user-created with the in-game level editor
- per-level highscores and rewards
- challenge your friends and compete with their scores
- awesome space ship which can move in FOUR directions!
- many deadly fireballs and spike mines
- rotating cubes in THREE colors!

Galaxy Raider is OpenFeint Enabled.

komastudios's comments:
After four months of development and a painfully long review process we are proud to announce that our latest game Galaxy Raider is finally live on the App Store.

03-21-2011, 07:00 PM

Youtube link | Pop Up

Also check out the Flash Live Demo (Click to start, control using arrow keys)

03-21-2011, 07:07 PM
will give it a shot
03-21-2011, 08:31 PM
actually pretty good
03-21-2011, 09:47 PM
Good job stealing the Star Defense icon and modifying it only a little bit.
03-21-2011, 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzFlight View Post
good job trolling around for no reason - there are millions of apps out there. try designing an icon for yourself and i'll bet you one can find another app that has a icon that looks somewhat similar ...
03-21-2011, 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by komastudios View Post
good job trolling around for no reason - there are millions of apps out there. try designing an icon for yourself and i'll bet you one can find another app that has a icon that looks somewhat similar ...
Only to a certain extent. It's pretty obvious you flipped it and played around with it to avoid the quick copy claim. From the color scheme, to the eagle face, to the two lines coming off the eagle body and a wing broken into 3 exact sections, there's too many "coincidences" for this to be an accident.

plus+: Collokey
"Words/Chess With Friends": Collokey
03-21-2011, 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzFlight View Post
That was my first reaction as well. But upon closer examination, it appears that the icon is a recreation of the eagle rather than a direct copy. Still not good enough to prevent action from NGMoco should they make an issue of it, but not outright theft either.

Here they are side-by-side:

Given that this is a free game, I think it's the type of thing that will end up sliding.

What do you get when you cross Robotron with Bomberman? - Coverfire HD
03-24-2011, 06:56 PM
well ... I see your point guys, they do look close. Guess we'll have to change that with the first update.

Anyways, any thoughts on the actual game? Any feedback is welcome.