★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Snowpunch
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 37.2 MB
  • Version: 2.09
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating: 4.3 (4)
App description: Keg Bearer is a silly tactical board game for 1-4 players. Ideal for families and/or kids.

2-4 player battle royals.
2 on 2 team play.
Co-op vs AI play.
1 on 1 play.
Various maps and terrain features.
3 different modes of play.
Select unit custom deployments.
Simple map editing and unit re-positioning.

The interesting thing about this game is that you can shoot or set defensive states when it's not your turn. So everyone always has something to do with this 'huddle' style game.

UI INTERACTIVE
Drag and drop, tap units to change state, double tap kegs to heal, pull back to aim and shoot (if loaded and in shoot mode).

STRATEGY
The strategy is not just about movement and positioning it also involves line of sight crossbow shooting, shot blocking, axe melee & mass beserking. Injured units dont just bleed and lose hit points they do less damage and cant move as far. And the one unit you have to protect also happens to be a healer.

GOAL
The great Keg Bearer (considered to be the king) has a healing 'Keg of ALE' that he sprays upon adjacent units. If you kill this unit then you win as no dwarf wants to fight without his ALE!!

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

Lite : http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/keg-bearer-lite/id429372529?mt=8
03-22-2011, 09:20 AM
I'd be all over this if it was on the iPhone too

03-22-2011, 09:44 AM
thinking about it...looks like fun....
03-22-2011, 10:28 AM
No online play / AI opponents = I'll wait.
03-23-2011, 01:02 AM
Picked it up and it is too bad that there is no AI. The game is pretty solid and fun, but without a way to play it either solo or online, the game is not near where it could be... What a shame.

Did play a few games with my son and we enjoyed it, so the game will stay on my pad. I will just hope that the devs make this game whole.

Agent of TOFTT
Gamecenter Tag: QuickWit5
03-23-2011, 02:47 AM
Like it. Very approachable, simple drag-n-drop controls, good unit abilities, and varied terrain. There are three modes of play: teams alternate turns, units alternate turns, and and insane simultaneous move and attack mode, similar to Ninja Chess. Looking forward to updates with AI, additional units, and whatever else the dev cooks up.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL

Last edited by djflippy; 03-25-2011 at 12:50 AM. Reason: SP
03-24-2011, 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickWit View Post
Picked it up and it is too bad that there is no AI. The game is pretty solid and fun, but without a way to play it either solo or online, the game is not near where it could be... What a shame.

Did play a few games with my son and we enjoyed it, so the game will stay on my pad. I will just hope that the devs make this game whole.
I'm glad you could enjoy it with your son. It was designed for face to face play, however an AI update should be submitted within a week or so. Cheers.
04-07-2011, 07:48 PM
This game looks like a great strategy war game! I'm looking forward to the addition of single player (AI).
04-07-2011, 09:36 PM
I saw earlier today that a lite version was released. I think I'm going to check it out. Looks fun. But, I'll definitely want AI before I buy the full version.

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic
04-08-2011, 07:35 PM
Enjoyed playing the demo. The game has a good foundation to build on. I really like the blood smears while moving wounded units and the sound effects. I would like play with more units on the battlefield (noted the full version has a few more to play with) and look forward to them adding even more unit types. Love to see a unit with a two-handed bastard sword.

Thanks for making this thread, I never would have noticed this game just browsing the app store. Keg Bearer sounds like a silly drinking game or something

Last edited by Marcus70; 04-09-2011 at 05:18 PM.