★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: With outstanding graphics and fantastic controls, you will have an awsome experience running for your life. Some wicked combos will keep your adrenaline pumping for sure.
You are Elliot Black, a courier in the Beta sector. But after a quite irrational move, you are forced to flee for your life. This will take you through several different areas of the space station, until you finally reach the safety of your spaceship.

"An engaging and downright addictive concept wrapped in an intuitive user interface and undeniably attractive aesthetic."
-ifanzine.com

Features:

* Beautiful 3D graphics with retina support
* OpenFeint leaderboard and achievements
* Post your scores on Facebook
* 15 challenging levels in 5 different environments
* Endless mode with two difficulties
* Intuitive and responsive controls

ojlk's comments:
Hi all!
Stellar Escape was just released. It features 3D graphics, fantastic controls and fast action. Hope you enjoy it.

Trailer:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Get it here.

All feedback is welcome.
/Jonas
03-22-2011, 06:23 PM
Wow. The vid sold me. Bought.

EDIT:
After playing this game for about a half an hour, I'd have to say that this is one of the most entertaining runners on the market. The great artwork, smooth animation and series of obstacles stung together to make killer combos is truly unique. The game adds varied escape maneuvers adding new methods of escaping to the runner repertoire. The game demands your full concentration as the obstacles come at you in rapid succession. The only reprieve you have is a well-timed hop into a tube, but other than that respite, you're focused and on the go.

My only complaint is that the virtual keys/touch-areas be wider. If I touch along the rim of the indicated pads, my touch isn't registered. This is key as our fingers move up and down the screen to adapt and adjust to the correct virtual keys on the run, that there should be a little grace if we don't necessarily hit the v.keys centered properly.

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy

Last edited by ColeDaddy; 03-22-2011 at 09:44 PM.

03-23-2011, 01:52 AM
Thanks for the mini-review! We'll look in to making the touch-areas wider. It would be interesting to know if more people has had the same experience.
Thanks again.

Developer of: Stellar Escape
Favorites: Edge, Dark Nebula 2, GravBot, Solomon's Keep
03-28-2011, 07:27 AM
The new update is out. It has 6 new levels and some minor fixes.
/Jonas

03-28-2011, 07:49 AM
How does one pass wide crates?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
03-28-2011, 08:03 AM
Use dive. You have to get your timing right though. You can see it at the end of the gaming-part of the trailer.

03-30-2011, 05:10 PM
Here is a review with some more info on the game.

iFanzine

/Jonas

03-31-2011, 12:32 PM
Game Impressions

This game is really addictive.
It quickly gets hard, but your skills also improve quickly, and it's a constant "just one more try" with each level.
I'm currently at level 9, and having a blast!

On iPhone 3GS the framerate is not exactly stellar, and the game have some "hiccups" because of that, resulting in some deaths, but it's still a blast to play. I'm sure it's much better on iPhone 4.

I also tried playing on my iPad 2, but due to the fact that the game runs in a window, the buttons are too hard to reach comfortably and precisely, but no framerate issues there. (one should think not)...

I can highly recommend this game!
It's different, hard, but quickly adapted to and is very addictive.

Hope it gets some recognition.

"To stop the flow of music would be like the stopping of time itself, incredible and inconceivable."
Aaron Copland
03-31-2011, 04:02 PM
Thanks for the input Bytebrain, glad you like it.
We are working on a better ingame GUI that will hopefully help the framerate. And we will also get a proper iPad version out as soon as possible.
Thansk again.
/Jonas

04-01-2011, 01:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojlk View Post
Thanks for the input Bytebrain, glad you like it.
We are working on a better ingame GUI that will hopefully help the framerate. And we will also get a proper iPad version out as soon as possible.
Thansk again.
/Jonas
I look forward to an iPad version!

Am currently on level 11 - Man, I thought the previous couple of levels were tough.. This one's gonna take me a while I think..

Too bad the leaderboards are already hacked - as with most other games using leaderboards, it really is too bad, I wish someone would come up with a solution to that one..

"To stop the flow of music would be like the stopping of time itself, incredible and inconceivable."
Aaron Copland