★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Stick Stunt Biker v4.3 available

03-22-2011, 12:18 PM
Stick Stunt Biker v4.3 available

Stick Stunt Biker v4.3 available on the app store!

This version includes a new amazing weather system with Rain and optional Night Mode as well as an critical bugfix.

Get it here: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/stick-stunt-biker/id387728623?mt=8

The Changelog:

- Challenges are now available. Challenge other players, race against them and try to beat their time
- Re-Challenge other players
- Race against ghosts of other players and your friends
- Retina bike styles
- New splash screen
- Faster loading times
- Improved performance
- Updated retina menu graphics
- 10 new achievements
- Game Center achievements in addition to Openfeint achievements now available
- Changed track format to prevent highscore cheating
- Restart track preview on track end
- Crash fixed if app is closed on Whats new screen
- Ghost is now saved if app is quit during race summary
- Ghost is no more trashed if race is quit before start
- Wheels do not leap anymore after braking
- Correct bike style is shown in replay
- Compress ghost data to save disk space
- Fixed occasional wrong result screen position
- Fixed possible crashes

Of course all this come as free update! And still...there is even more to come!

Version v4.3 will include an amazing weather system with rain mode and night mode!

Have a nice day,
heikPhone & robertSze

P.s.: If you have any suggestions or ideas please let us know, we would love to implement them! Thank you!

Promocodes:

HPAHEX9MJ4N3
6JWJFPRN9WY7
EJWW4Y9MHYKA
YL7JH9PEPTJP
MJ9KLJELH73W
AKL9XPWH9RYX
PEKW37MYJ4XL
96WJYLAK4HYX
F3ENKLJAYN46
03-22-2011, 02:20 PM
Downloading update now.

Also, will the weather system have any effects on the tracks (i.e. rain makes tracks slippery) or is it just for looks?

03-23-2011, 12:40 AM
Currently the weather effects are only visual effects. We plan to let the weather also influence the physics and track friction etc. for a future update. As this will obviously affect the time required to finish a track dedicated leaderboards and game modes will be implemented.
03-23-2011, 12:22 PM
New weather

We will soon add new weather like storm and snow, also the weather pack is going to be extended.
But before that, the next update will contain a new track - with a new obstacle.

Hope you will like it,
heikPhone
03-26-2011, 04:10 AM
If you have ideas/wishes for new obstacles and/or general features please feel free to post here, thank you!
03-26-2011, 12:27 PM
You've probably already heard this before, but include track creation.

Also, the ability to restart from a checkpoint would be cool. Many times I've messed up on a track and have had to restart all over again. It gets frustrating after a while. Maybe you could include this, but not have the time restart every time you return to a checkpoint. That way people can complete a track easily, but they'd have to complete the track in one go if they want a really good time.
03-28-2011, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrThreeCats View Post
You've probably already heard this before, but include track creation.

Also, the ability to restart from a checkpoint would be cool. Many times I've messed up on a track and have had to restart all over again. It gets frustrating after a while. Maybe you could include this, but not have the time restart every time you return to a checkpoint. That way people can complete a track easily, but they'd have to complete the track in one go if they want a really good time.
Yes, we've heard that thing with track creation already before And we have not forgotten. We are often discussing about how to build a track creator for Stick Stunt Biker. The problem is to make a proper editor for all the obstacles and editing options (add, change, remove, undo, redo, ...) suit into a small iPhone display. I can assure, we'll find a solution and there will be a track editor one day, I promise.

Regarding the checkpoints, I want to say that Stick Stunt Biker was initially made that way, that you have to finish a track in one ride, without destroying the bike. The reason is, that the tracks are so long and it should be well possible to finish them without any crash. I see the problem more in the difficult tracks, where it could be helpful to repeat a certain part of the track without starting from new. I'll discuss a solution with Robert.

Anyway a lot more content is going to come, we really hope you will like it!

Sincerely,
heikPhone
04-08-2011, 12:02 AM
More codes:

7A43LJ3KTLKT
NE97JRMFNERY
MPYNKKHKFAJL
TK6JR77MYMT3
T4LJ94KWMA6P
PJFLLJLJ69N7
RKE7LN6KWYAH
XYKEY4KAYYPM
FYRKNL6444YF
AY7RJKF3LHPF

Have fun!
04-08-2011, 02:04 AM
you have to finish a track in one ride, without destroying the bike. The reason is, that the tracks are so long and it should be well possible to finish them without any crash. I see the problem more in the difficult tracks, where it could be helpful to repeat a certain part of the track without starting from new.
04-08-2011, 01:32 PM
New track 'Hellfire' with an amazing new "fire obstacle" coming very soon, stay tuned!