★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Joshua: Shall we play a game?
David Lightman: What is the primary goal?
Joshua: To win the game.
(WarGames, 1983)

And so begins Phrase Phrenzy, a game of quotes...

People have been quoting their favorite phrases from authors, politicians, books, tv shows, commercials, and movies for years. Now is your chance to put that knowledge to the test. Phrase Phrenzy combines quotes from around the world and throughout time into one exciting game!

The goal is to try and figure out the quote by dragging the correct magnets into the puzzle before your time runs out. Watch your words remaining, not all the word magnets on your refrigerator will fit! Finish the puzzle before your time runs out and move on to the next quote. If you are having trouble, there are "hints" available on the timer. But, be aware of your time. Every time you grab a hint, you lose time as well.

This addictive game is meant to provide hours of fun for the whole family.

Check out the gameplay here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_E-IyM4vE4

OpenFeint Enabled
Game Center Enabled

Venturabumm's comments:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/phrase-phrenzy/id424390323?mt=8&ls=1

by New Wave Digital Media
www.PhrasePhrenzy.com
Description:

Joshua: Shall we play a game?
David Lightman: What is the primary goal?
Joshua: To win the game.
(WarGames, 1983)

And so begins Phrase Phrenzy, a game of quotes...

People have been quoting their favorite phrases from authors, politicians,
books, tv shows, and movies for years. Now is your chance to put that
knowledge to the test. Phrase Phrenzy combines quotes from around the
world and throughout time into one exciting game!

The goal is to try and figure out the quote by dragging the correct magnets
into the puzzle before your time runs out. Watch your words remaining, not
all the word magnets on your refrigerator will fit! Finish the puzzle before
your time runs out and move on to the next quote. If you are having trouble,
there are hints available on the timer. But, be aware of your time. Every
time you grab a hint, you lose time as well.

This addictive game is meant to provide hours of fun for the whole family.
Life is about having fun! Enjoy!

03-22-2011, 07:20 PM
This looks like a neat game - anyone know how many phrases are in the game ? I know it says "hours of fun", but I'm curious about how much content there is.

I'm an app-oholic! And there's no 12-step program...
IAPs = I Ain't Purchasing, son !

03-22-2011, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quebecotr View Post
This looks like a neat game - anyone know how many phrases are in the game ? I know it says "hours of fun", but I'm curious about how much content there is.
+1 to this. I'm a sucker for word games, need to keep that ageing gray-matter working somehow. The other concern is the origin of the phrases, British/American/etc... If it's colloquial (i.e. unique to one particular culture), then it would make it more a case of blind guessing for those playing the game in another country. A case of frustration over fun...
03-22-2011, 07:56 PM
Quote:
There are over 1000 quotes in the 1.0 version. We will be adding more in our app updates.
03-22-2011, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ataloss View Post
+1 to this. I'm a sucker for word games, need to keep that ageing gray-matter working somehow. The other concern is the origin of the phrases, British/American/etc... If it's colloquial (i.e. unique to one particular culture), then it would make it more a case of blind guessing for those playing the game in another country. A case of frustration over fun...
We took quotes from all over the world. Of course they are their English translations.
03-25-2011, 12:12 AM
Gameplay Video ready to watch!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_E-IyM4vE4
Phrase Phrenzy in action!
03-26-2011, 08:41 AM
NOW FEATURED in iTunes "New & Noteworthy" section for iPad Word games AND iPad Puzzle games!
03-26-2011, 10:24 AM
Thanks for the info

Thanks for the response, venturabumm. I really like word games, and I'lll download this today. A thousand quotations seems like a great start, and as long as they are random and don't repeat, it should keep anyone busy for a while. I'm glad to see you plan on adding more in future updates. I also hope you go all over the timeline for quotes, and don't just stay with current phrases exclusively.

As a proud Canuck, living far away in beautiful Wisconsin, I'm hoping to see many quotes from the Great White North, too !

Good luck with the game !

03-26-2011, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Thanks for the response, venturabumm. I really like word games, and I'lll download this today. A thousand quotations seems like a great start, and as long as they are random and don't repeat, it should keep anyone busy for a while. I'm glad to see you plan on adding more in future updates. I also hope you go all over the timeline for quotes, and don't just stay with current phrases exclusively.

As a proud Canuck, living far away in beautiful Wisconsin, I'm hoping to see many quotes from the Great White North, too !

Good luck with the game !
We have taken quotes from all over time, place, and from wide range of people. We are currently working on a 1.1 update that will add over 250 more puzzles. If you have a particular quote you would like to see in the game let us know the quote, who said it, and where it comes from.

Please don't forget to rate the game in iTunes.
03-26-2011, 10:40 AM
Excellent !!! Can't wait for the update...

Just got the game, and I'll try it out this weekend. Will definitely leave a review on iTunes; I've got almost 300 reviews on there.

I'll think of a few quotes that might be good for your game. I'm French-Canadian by birth (and by nature), and I'd love to see some of our more famous phrases represented in your game. I'll send you a PM when I've got a few collected, so you can choose your favorite (assuming they met your goals...)

Thanks again for the prompt responses.

Guy