★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Gamers Rejoice
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 6.8 MB
  • Version: 1.2
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Sketch Ball is a fun new puzzle game that works all the angles! Draw lines to direct the ball to the checkered goal, but watch out! There will be warps, gravity changes, and obstacles in your way. Move your sketch ball through 4 colorful worlds featuring monsters, animals, everyday objects, and robots. And add to the fun by playing Destroy, and take out your revenge while demolishing food in the Food Court. With 75 levels to work out, you can beat the game your way!

Features:

2 modes: Puzzle and Destroy
4 worlds
75 levels
Warps
Gravity arrows
Slow and fast goals
3 different types of ink: Bounce, Fast, Slow
Obligatory compliments
Retina Display Graphics

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Press Reviews:

TheIphoneAppReview 4.5/5

AppBuddy 4.5/5

CrazyMikesApps 4.5/5

-------------------------------------------------------------------

How to play:

Use 3 different types of ink to draw lines that help direct the ball to the goal. The ball will be destroyed by white pieces and will bounce off of black pieces. Your ink supply is limited, so you have to draw quickly and precisely. Dont worry -- if you mess up, just erase your lines and try again. Experiment with the different types of ink to overcome obstacles. Good luck!

GamersRejoice's comments:
I'm very excited to announce the release of my first game Sketch Ball! Now on iTunes.

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up

Sketch Ball is a fun new puzzle game that works all the angles! Draw lines to direct a ball to a checkered goal, but watch out! There will be warps, gravity changes, and obstacles in your way. Move your sketch ball through 4 colorful worlds featuring monsters, animals, everyday objects, and robots. And add to the fun by playing Destroy, and take out your revenge while demolishing food in the Food Court. With 75 levels to work out, you can beat the game your way!

Features:

2 modes: Puzzle and Destroy
4 worlds
75 levels
Warps
Gravity arrows
Slow and fast goals
3 different types of ink: Bounce, Fast, Slow
No time limits
Obligatory compliments
Retina display graphics

How to play:
Use 3 different types of ink to draw lines that help direct the ball to the goal. The ball will be destroyed by white pieces and will bounce off of black pieces. Your ink supply is limited, so you have to draw quickly and precisely. Don’t worry -- if you mess up, just erase your lines and try again. Experiment with the different types of ink to overcome obstacles. Good luck!
03-22-2011, 05:33 PM
Hooray! Downloading now!

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

03-22-2011, 07:09 PM
Just shot through the first ten levels of this, so I've yet to see the gravity arrows or warps but so far it's a solid bit of entertainment. The video basically says it all, there's nothing massively deep about the game, but it's good fun for the physics fans out there. Nice, crisp graphics, jovial soundtrack... easily worth anyones $0.99.

I know there are a few Jounce fans hanging around here somewhere, and the topic in "Upcoming iPhone Games" gathered a bit of interest, so step up people!

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
03-22-2011, 08:04 PM
Liked the look of the trailer It's late now, but I think I'll look this one up in the morning, as it looks like it could be a very interesting puzzler. The visuals are certainly clean and fresh! May I ask what you used to develop it?
03-22-2011, 08:10 PM
It was made with GameSalad.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
03-22-2011, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistair Aitcheson View Post
Liked the look of the trailer It's late now, but I think I'll look this one up in the morning, as it looks like it could be a very interesting puzzler. The visuals are certainly clean and fresh! May I ask what you used to develop it?
Thanks for your interest. Yes it was made with GameSalad.

Thanks for the recommendation MidianGTX, I'm glad you are enjoying the game!
03-24-2011, 04:59 PM
What would you guys like to see in version 1.1? Besides more levels of course.
03-25-2011, 02:53 PM
Just played through the first set of levels. Lots good fun here. I like that there are numerous ways to complete each level. it basically lets you challenge yourself to make creative ways of moving the ball how you want.
03-25-2011, 02:58 PM
The art style of this is quite interesting, thanks for sharing. Gonna check this app out.
03-26-2011, 02:34 PM
Thanks guys, I had a fun time coming up with the style for the game. I went back and forth on a couple of ideas so I'm glad to see that people are enjoying it.

News update:
Sketch Ball is featured in the New and Noteworthy sections of Puzzle and Arcade! in the US and UK. Cool stuff