App description: Final Fantasy III -- now on iPhone and iPod touch!

First released in 1990, Final Fantasy III was the first title in the Final Fantasy series to become a million-seller, establishing once and for all that Square Enix's classic RPG saga was here to stay.
The full 3D remake released in 2006 duplicated the original's success, selling over a million copies worldwide.

Final Fantasy III was a hallmark of innovation for the entire series, from the job system that lets characters change classes at any time to the ability to summon powerful creatures such as Shiva and Bahamut.

When darkness falls and the land is robbed of light, four youths are chosen by the crystals to set forth on a journey to save the world.

--------------------------------------------

Game Features

- New and improved 3D visuals and story sequences exclusive to the iPhone/iPod touch

- Smooth, intuitive touch-panel controls specifically tailored to Square Enix's iPhone RPGs

- Quicker browsing through the monster bestiary and other game records

- New visual designs for the Job Mastery Cards

-Optimized for the 4-inch Retina display.

-Support has been added for the Logitech PowerShell Controller + Battery.

--------------------------------------------

CAUTION

Please note that when updating to iOS 7, Quicksaves will be lost.
Please make sure to save your game to a Slot before updating.

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

Retina Screenshots
(click to enlarge)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post

If you want to complain about the price of this game, do it here.

If you want to discuss the game itself, carry on friends!!!
03-23-2011, 03:19 PM
I checked... prices in the trailer might be correct.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
03-23-2011, 03:25 PM
Syncing this game into my iPad. Times like this I kick myself in the nuts for not jailbreaking. Apple should have a look at retinapad and improve on that.

03-23-2011, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yongkykun View Post
Syncing this game into my iPad. Times like this I kick myself in the nuts for not jailbreaking. Apple should have a look at retinapad and improve on that.

What did you pay?

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
03-23-2011, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpgliss View Post
Hi,

GodSon, thanks for the information.

My son likes the Zelda and Pokemon stuff on his DS so I think he might like it.

David
I'm probably the biggest zelda fan boy in the world.. But this is alot more complex then zelda and pokemon with the whole bunch of items you equip on characters. I own this on my ds and loved it in some way! It was very cool! I actually got pretty far and for some reason decided to stop playing. I might pick it up possibly during a good sale or at christmas where i get rained in itunes cards!

On another note: can and new zealenders confirm the item duplication glitch?(that helped me through half the game)

Add Me on Gamecenter/Steam: Fireball926
03-23-2011, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
What did you pay?
AU$18.99, and it works just fine on iPad. Not as sharp as I'd like but it's okay. At least the dialogue is not pixelated. Will post impression soon.
03-23-2011, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball926 View Post
I'm probably the biggest zelda fan boy in the world.. But this is alot more complex then zelda and pokemon with the whole bunch of items you equip on characters. I own this on my ds and loved it in some way! It was very cool! I actually got pretty far and for some reason decided to stop playing. I might pick it up possibly during a good sale or at christmas where i get rained in itunes cards!

On another note: can and new zealenders confirm the item duplication glitch?(that helped me through half the game)
It's not really that complex. just a lot of old school grinding. The job system is way more simple than FF5.
03-23-2011, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball926 View Post

Ah! I forgot about that glitch. I doubt they left it in, it would be difficult to do anyways, I thought you had to use shoulder buttons, or the select button to do it.
03-23-2011, 03:56 PM
Already waited for 21 years, will wait for another couple years for the price drop j/k
03-23-2011, 04:06 PM
I need to take my niece to school. Will post impression and some pics right after. Expect an unbiased review though
03-23-2011, 04:06 PM
Does it even work on iPhone 2G/3G? Or it needs new hardware...?

Is it playable on old hardware?

iLike & iRecommend: Archibald's Adventures, Blimp, Bombardiers Guild, Boulder Dash - ROCKS!, Critter Crunch, Durak, Edge, Eliss, Fieldrunners, Flick Fishing, Flight Control, Galcon, Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars, Handy Jacks, Memovator, Quadrix, Rolando, Rolando 2, Smart Sokoban Pro, Squares, Space Miner, Totemo, Train Conductor

Last edited by estyst; 03-23-2011 at 04:08 PM.