App description: Final Fantasy III -- now on iPhone and iPod touch!

First released in 1990, Final Fantasy III was the first title in the Final Fantasy series to become a million-seller, establishing once and for all that Square Enix's classic RPG saga was here to stay.
The full 3D remake released in 2006 duplicated the original's success, selling over a million copies worldwide.

Final Fantasy III was a hallmark of innovation for the entire series, from the job system that lets characters change classes at any time to the ability to summon powerful creatures such as Shiva and Bahamut.

When darkness falls and the land is robbed of light, four youths are chosen by the crystals to set forth on a journey to save the world.

--------------------------------------------

Game Features

- New and improved 3D visuals and story sequences exclusive to the iPhone/iPod touch

- Smooth, intuitive touch-panel controls specifically tailored to Square Enix's iPhone RPGs

- Quicker browsing through the monster bestiary and other game records

- New visual designs for the Job Mastery Cards

-Optimized for the 4-inch Retina display.

-Support has been added for the Logitech PowerShell Controller + Battery.

--------------------------------------------

CAUTION

Please note that when updating to iOS 7, Quicksaves will be lost.
Please make sure to save your game to a Slot before updating.

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

Retina Screenshots
(click to enlarge)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post

If you want to complain about the price of this game, do it here.

If you want to discuss the game itself, carry on friends!!!
03-23-2011, 05:40 AM
you think its gunna be out before 11 ??????
03-23-2011, 05:42 AM
I hope they port Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker to the iOS, I really enjoyed that game and it would look awesome on a retina device! In the mean time though, this game is going to be just as epic as the first time I played through it...I cannot wait!

Playing:|Roboto|Cordy|QuBit|Amazing Breaker|Awesome Saucer|Groove Coaster|Gesundheit!|
Favorites:|PoP:WW|Infinity Blade|World of Goo|Phoenix|Danmaku|PewPew2|Alien Space Retro|Battleheart|Gears| LGR2|iDaTank|PvZ|ME|To-Fu|Anodia|Lego HP|Fruit Ninja|I Dig It 2|Soosiz|

Last edited by legowiz; 03-23-2011 at 05:50 AM.

03-23-2011, 05:43 AM
impressions pleaase
03-23-2011, 05:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by styj View Post
impressions pleaase

lol.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
03-23-2011, 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by legowiz View Post
I hope they port Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker to the iOS, I really enjoyed that game and it would look awesome on a retina device! In the mean the though, this game is going to be just as epic as the first time I played through it...I cannot wait!

Yeah... I am with you. I'd really like to see Chrono Trigger, the Dragon Quest games and FF: Dissidia on my iDevice.

This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
03-23-2011, 05:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaker View Post
I call this reasonable pricing. Or pricing with a dignity. Your pick.

Great minds think alike, NEG would say.

03-23-2011, 06:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
It was about time that someone brought back the reasonable pricing to the AppStore.
I like to see more AAA titles on my iDevices. And they still are only 1/2 or 1/3 of the price of DS and PSP games.
I agree. Don't mind about the price at all, but I've never played FF3 before, so just wanting to make sure it's better than Secret of Mana?

Four most influential games: Papi Jump, iDracula, Fieldrunners, Flight Control.
03-23-2011, 06:07 AM
Maybe we should stop discussing the pricing of FFIII. Open another thread if you want to do that. A wise man once said: "this thread is about the game, not the pricing".

Everyone should buy this and FFT:WotL and I am sure we will get a fantastic port of FFIV around X-mas.
And that's a game I really want to see on my iPhone.

03-23-2011, 06:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by don_k View Post
I agree. Don't mind about the price at all, but I've never played FF3 before, so just wanting to make sure it's better than Secret of Mana?

Here is a gameshark review for the DS version:

http://www.gameshark.com/reviews/254...III-Review.htm

FFIII on DS got an average 80/100 score from various sources.

Finally I will see Shiva and Bahamut again. I loved the series since they've added the powerful creature summonings. FFIV is even better with that.

Last edited by Vovin; 03-23-2011 at 06:14 AM.
03-23-2011, 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjamess View Post
Omg not using Unreal Engine!!!????

14 dollars!!!!!???oneoen11

*rolls eyes*

Insta-buy. Wish it would show up on the app store sooner I have the day off...

EDIT: Can someone verify file size? Need to make room on my iPhone...

Any chance to call in sick tomorrow?

File size is about 208mb. Might be stretched up to approx. 350mb on your device, as far as I know Apple's compression mechanics. If it is packed, that is.