★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Scopa 09

04-04-2009, 01:40 AM
Scopa 09

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=310104569&mt=8

We here at TA share a love for video games. If you're like me, you also share a love of games that are not digital. That are card based, but what happens when those two loves are brought together in a beautiful combination of old and new technology.

You get Scopa 09! Have I ever heard of this game? No. Why? Because it's from Italy. Sadly I have yet to visit Italy, but with the creation of Scopa 09, I have an opportunity now to play a card game I knew nothing about from a beautiful country I have never been to.

Thank you iPhone! You help make the world a smaller more joyous place.
04-04-2009, 02:25 AM
Agreed. ^ ^

I highly recommend Briscas if you haven't seen or tried it yet.

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc
04-04-2009, 02:36 AM
The cards remind me a bit of Tarot cards to be honest even though I know that's not the intention.

Interesting looking card game.
04-04-2009, 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donburns99 View Post
Agreed. ^ ^

I highly recommend Briscas if you haven't seen or tried it yet.
+1 for Briscas...great game once you learn the rules.
04-04-2009, 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩 View Post
The cards remind me a bit of Tarot cards to be honest even though I know that's not the intention.

Interesting looking card game.
These are the traditional italian cards (from naples, to be precise... they change slightly in design in other parts of the country, but the "napoletane" are the most widely known and used).

Scopa is a nice game, and probably the one with the simplest set of rules among the traditional italian card games. It's also the only one I've ever learned to play