• Publisher: Aidem Media
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 259.0 MB
  • Version: 1.6
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 4 (4)
App description: ***SALE*** Celebrating the launch of City of Secrets 2: Episode 1, you can pick up this BRAND NEW ADVENTURE for the crazy introductory price of 99 cents! (normal price will be $4.99). And, because we're feeling generous, ALL of our other games are also on sale for a short while!

on the level of a Pixar film High praise for a game on iOS, but it is that good." - GamingBits

"Out of the blue, Aidem Media have delivered one of the best adventure games Ive ever seen on the iDevice" - TouchMyApps

"City of Secrets is utterly impressive with its polished presentation, fluid 3D animations, and full voiceovers." - iPadModo

Want to see my Mole? If you're finished hammering bird brains against the wall, go underground in the tap adventure game, City of Secrets. Requires logic and puzzle solving skills so turn your brain on and prove you know your head from a Mole in the ground.

Enter a brilliant high definition world of revolution, mystery, and adventure as you pull together the clues and solve puzzles to uncover the sinister plot. The hero's Rex, the dog, and Mr. Moles - well of course - the mole, can't save Poco Pane without you.

City of Secrets is a classical point and click adventure game presented with beautiful hand drawn art, layered backgrounds and a 3D character cast, fully spoken throughout.

Over 1 million games sold. Rex and Mr. Moles have been on adventures across Europe for many years and are making their debut globally on iOS. We love to entertain and are confident that aideMMedia is one palindrome you will instantly love.

The game can be tougher than your college entrance exam and it isnt clear yet if you will need help from your friends or some little kid to solve the sinister plot.

There are several methods in the game to point players in the right direction such as a notebook containing a list of completed and 'to-do' tasks - and a hint system giving a written clue for the next most important task if you really get stuck.

Better than an IQ test, challenge your friends to see who can solve the sinister plot first. Good luck!

aideMMedia - the world's most entertaining palindrome!

Please contact us at support@aideMMedia.com if you get stuck or with any issues.

It's time for a revolution!

Notes:
* Brightness can be adjusted in your device 'Settings' if necessary.
* If your device won't tilt to sort the trash, make sure the screen orientation is not locked.

goiMot's comments:

03-25-2011, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyKona View Post
In response to GamerAdi - City of Secrets HD for iOS is a completely new game almost a year in the making. We are happy that you enjoyed our earlier children's games however, younger kids will have difficult time completing this game without the innovative hint system. We will likely have a PC version of this new game ready for release shortly.
I didin't play this iPad version, but I saw and played this game on my children PC: Link
This PC game tiltle is "Miasto Sekretw", and in english this is "City of Secrets". The story is THE SAME in both games.

Even trailer for PC version and iPad version is the same:
PC version:

Youtube link | Pop Up

iPad version:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Screenshots are the same too. So, this IS the same game.

Cheers
GamerAdi
03-25-2011, 09:54 AM
Crashes an aweful lot. Please fix. Game looks great though. Enjoyable if it weren't for all of them crashes.

EDIT: My fault apparently, should've restarted the iPad after installing any game. The game runs great on 1st gen iPad and the story is getting better and better as I play. I'm on chapter 2 now. Viva la revolution!

Last edited by yongkykun; 03-25-2011 at 08:58 PM.

03-26-2011, 03:30 AM
Bought and love it
03-26-2011, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitta View Post
Very interested in the game, any word of an iPhone version?
iPhone version just approved by Apple.

Enjoy the game. It's time for a revolution!

Reviews greatly appreciated.

The Trolls
aideMMedia - the world's most entertaining palindrome!
03-26-2011, 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerAdi View Post
I know this game! My children played it on their PC!

This game is a port of a PC point&click adventure game for children, made by a company from Poland.
PC version: Link
It is based on a very popular polish cartoon character - Reksio (Rexio):

Youtube link | Pop Up

It is a very nice game for younger children (6-10 years old), but too childish for teenagers or adults.

Cheers
GamerAdi
I don't know what game your kids played, but it wasn't this one -- unless you think that references to weapons of mass destruction, the Iraq war, and potentially naughty devices (all within the first 30 minutes of play) is appropriate for 6-10 year olds.

Anyway, I'm having a blast with the iPhone version. Very, very polished gameplay, almost to the level of Telltale (but with a decent frame rate ).
03-27-2011, 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Anyway, I'm having a blast with the iPhone version. Very, very polished gameplay, almost to the level of Telltale (but with a decent frame rate ).
Yeah, it's an awesome game from the betas I was playing. Good funny storyline and good progression through the game. Animations and drawings were nice with excellent voice acting and overall great productions values. It's nice to see a good adventure game on the iOS of this quality other than Telltale (which all the Telltale games run really really smooth on the iPad 2, no framerate or crashing issues at all . I'll post a review on iTunes if/when I get a code...well done game
03-27-2011, 06:18 AM
Quote:
I don't know what game your kids played, but it wasn't this one -- unless you think that references to weapons of mass destruction, the Iraq war, and potentially naughty devices (all within the first 30 minutes of play) is appropriate for 6-10 year olds.

Just telling you the truth - look at my previous post with two trailers - trailer from polish PC version and from iPad version. This is the same game, also, please check the appropriate age of this game on iTunes: "4+".
In Poland, this game is rated PEGI 7 - from 7 years old.
03-27-2011, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerAdi View Post
Just telling you the truth - look at my previous post with two trailers - trailer from polish PC version and from iPad version. This is the same game, also, please check the appropriate age of this game on iTunes: "4+".
In Poland, this game is rated PEGI 7 - from 7 years old.
Your point seems to be that the game is a "kids game" and not appropriate for adults. I disagree strongly. The puzzles are as difficult as anything you'd find in a Sam and Max game (or Back to the Future) and there's enough meat to the story to make it interesting for grown-ups (including this 43 year old).

BTW, I have a precocious 4 year old (he reads at a 1st grade level) and he wouldn't be able to make head's or tails of the puzzles here.

Last edited by squarezero; 03-27-2011 at 11:52 AM.
03-27-2011, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Your point seems to be that the game is a "kids game" and not appropriate for adults. I disagree strongly. The puzzles are as difficult as anything you'd find in a Sam and Max game (or Back to the Future) and there's enough meat to the story to make it interesting for grown-ups (including this 43 year old).
+1 to this and i'm 38 Just played it all the way through for just over 4 hours,with a rest in between,well it is Sunday after all
03-27-2011, 02:29 PM
I'm getting this right after I finish up with Broken Sword, it looks awesome.