Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-25-2011, 06:43 AM
iPhone 3G, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyKona View Post
In response to GamerAdi - City of Secrets HD for iOS is a completely new game almost a year in the making. We are happy that you enjoyed our earlier children's games however, younger kids will have difficult time completing this game without the innovative hint system. We will likely have a PC version of this new game ready for release shortly.
I didin't play this iPad version, but I saw and played this game on my children PC: Link
This PC game tiltle is "Miasto Sekretów", and in english this is "City of Secrets". The story is THE SAME in both games.

Even trailer for PC version and iPad version is the same:
PC version:

Youtube link | Pop Up

iPad version:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Screenshots are the same too. So, this IS the same game.

Cheers
GamerAdi
Old 03-25-2011, 09:54 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Crashes an aweful lot. Please fix. Game looks great though. Enjoyable if it weren't for all of them crashes.

EDIT: My fault apparently, should've restarted the iPad after installing any game. The game runs great on 1st gen iPad and the story is getting better and better as I play. I'm on chapter 2 now. Viva la revolution!

Last edited by yongkykun; 03-25-2011 at 08:58 PM..
Old 03-26-2011, 03:30 AM
iPad

Bought and love it
Old 03-26-2011, 06:41 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitta View Post
Very interested in the game, any word of an iPhone version?
iPhone version just approved by Apple.

Enjoy the game. It's time for a revolution!

Reviews greatly appreciated.

The Trolls
aideMMedia - the world's most entertaining palindrome!
Old 03-26-2011, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerAdi View Post
I know this game! My children played it on their PC!

This game is a port of a PC point&click adventure game for children, made by a company from Poland.
PC version: Link
It is based on a very popular polish cartoon character - Reksio (Rexio):

Youtube link | Pop Up

It is a very nice game for younger children (6-10 years old), but too childish for teenagers or adults.

Cheers
GamerAdi
I don't know what game your kids played, but it wasn't this one -- unless you think that references to weapons of mass destruction, the Iraq war, and potentially naughty devices (all within the first 30 minutes of play) is appropriate for 6-10 year olds.

Anyway, I'm having a blast with the iPhone version. Very, very polished gameplay, almost to the level of Telltale (but with a decent frame rate ).
Old 03-27-2011, 03:48 AM
iPad mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Anyway, I'm having a blast with the iPhone version. Very, very polished gameplay, almost to the level of Telltale (but with a decent frame rate ).
Yeah, it's an awesome game from the betas I was playing. Good funny storyline and good progression through the game. Animations and drawings were nice with excellent voice acting and overall great productions values. It's nice to see a good adventure game on the iOS of this quality other than Telltale (which all the Telltale games run really really smooth on the iPad 2, no framerate or crashing issues at all . I'll post a review on iTunes if/when I get a code...well done game
Old 03-27-2011, 06:18 AM
iPhone 3G, OS 4.x

Quote:
I don't know what game your kids played, but it wasn't this one -- unless you think that references to weapons of mass destruction, the Iraq war, and potentially naughty devices (all within the first 30 minutes of play) is appropriate for 6-10 year olds.

Just telling you the truth - look at my previous post with two trailers - trailer from polish PC version and from iPad version. This is the same game, also, please check the appropriate age of this game on iTunes: "4+".
In Poland, this game is rated PEGI 7 - from 7 years old.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerAdi View Post
Just telling you the truth - look at my previous post with two trailers - trailer from polish PC version and from iPad version. This is the same game, also, please check the appropriate age of this game on iTunes: "4+".
In Poland, this game is rated PEGI 7 - from 7 years old.
Your point seems to be that the game is a "kids game" and not appropriate for adults. I disagree strongly. The puzzles are as difficult as anything you'd find in a Sam and Max game (or Back to the Future) and there's enough meat to the story to make it interesting for grown-ups (including this 43 year old).

BTW, I have a precocious 4 year old (he reads at a 1st grade level) and he wouldn't be able to make head's or tails of the puzzles here.

Last edited by squarezero; 03-27-2011 at 11:52 AM..
Old 03-27-2011, 11:44 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Your point seems to be that the game is a "kids game" and not appropriate for adults. I disagree strongly. The puzzles are as difficult as anything you'd find in a Sam and Max game (or Back to the Future) and there's enough meat to the story to make it interesting for grown-ups (including this 43 year old).
+1 to this and i'm 38 Just played it all the way through for just over 4 hours,with a rest in between,well it is Sunday after all
Old 03-27-2011, 02:29 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

I'm getting this right after I finish up with Broken Sword, it looks awesome.