★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

2XL Supercross video preview

04-04-2009, 03:55 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
2XL Supercross video preview

http://toucharcade.com/2009/04/04/vi...orcycle-racer/

Quote:
2XL Games has posted an exciting video of their upcoming off-road motorcycle racer 2XL SuperCross.
2XL Supercross was built from the ground up to push the graphics and physics potential of the iPhone and iPod Touch to the max. The game was created by the designers of Motocross Madness, ATV Offroad Fury and MX Unleashed.
Motorcycle racers haven't been well represented in the App Store, and this upcoming release looks particularly impressive. The 1.0 version of the game has reportedly been submitted to the App Store and so should appear in the next week or so.

According to a forum post by one of the developers, the game will include 15 different bikes to chose from with 15 different skins and 15 different rider skins. There are 12 different tracks, including a freestyle level. The game will be priced at $7.99.
Looks really nice. Only thing the riders look a little stiff, and whenever you turn in third person view the game horizon should stay steady to keep you from feeling disoriented. In first person it's cool though.

Last edited by salsamd; 04-04-2009 at 09:52 AM.
04-04-2009, 04:14 AM
Whoa the game looks fantasic....just wonder if theres more to it then just steering like pre-loading your jumps and all. Or even any tricks/boost system. But it does look stunning for a iphone game.

04-04-2009, 04:48 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott30 View Post
Whoa the game looks fantasic....just wonder if theres more to it then just steering like pre-loading your jumps and all. Or even any tricks/boost system. But it does look stunning for a iphone game.
Yeah it would be cool if you could do tricks as well and boost off a ramp to do tricks. Ah well. The game looks great and has a great send of speed.

Nice to see racers finally being done right on the device.
04-04-2009, 10:34 AM
Okay, you know the game is hard if the games own dev came in 4th
But WOW......this game looks nice to me! I love how he changed the camera view while in game. Graphics look amazing. Price is kind of high though

My Original Music: https://soundcloud.com/no-fury
Gaming Device: iPhone 6 - iPad Air 2
04-04-2009, 10:35 AM
Wow looks good. Best of its kind
04-04-2009, 11:19 AM
This is probably the first real motorcycle racing game. MotoChaser or whatever by Freeverse was a joke and the graphics sucked. This one looks promising, looking forward to getting this game (maybe). Great job on the graphics, game, etc. Looks very presentable even to Obama himself
04-04-2009, 11:30 AM
if u can do tricks like backflip, superman, lazyboy ect. then the game is worth it but if I can't I'm saving my $$$$$
04-04-2009, 11:32 AM
$8
I will probably buy this since it looks amazing but the price is a bit steep compared to other iPhone games. Also, just wondering, is there a different camera view to play with?

I CAN'T WAIT TIL THE NEW IPHONE AHHHH I WANT IT SO BAD I'M PRETTY SURE I'M THE ONLY PERSON IN THE WORLD WHO STILL USES THE ORIGINAL IPHONE 2G.

Last edited by TMAC34; 04-04-2009 at 11:39 AM.
04-04-2009, 11:44 AM
I didn't believe this was real at first because it looked so much like MX vs ATV, I thought it was just a staged video. But at the end I read it was developed by the same people, so it makes sense. Graphics look amazing for the iPhone, honestly some of the best seen yet. Control looks to be an issue though, as always...
04-04-2009, 11:47 AM
This one looks ready to go head to head with Dirt Moto Racing, looking forward to what could be a clash of the titans!! Hoping for a draw!
I like what I'm seeing so far, except that the second view looks odd without hands. Tricks and how contact/mistakes/crashes are dealt with will possibly make the difference.

Playing: Solipskier, Edge, Ground Effect, Bobble Surfer, Minigore, 2012 Zombies vs Aliens, iSR, Pocket God, Slotz, Zen Bound 2, Crazy Snowboard, Vector Tank, ...