★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: An encounter that will tear away the veil shrouding the world's secrets and set the gears of fate in motion...

*Maneuver your characters freely to outflank your enemies.

Move units freely around a grid-based map to flank the enemy, striking from both sides in a pincer attack.

*Eradicate multiple foes in one fell swoop with chain attacks.

Characters can be positioned to execute chain attacks with allies. Take advantage of bonus items on the map as well to obliterate your foes!

*Customize characters strategically via jobs and skills.

Characters can undergo three types of job changes. Acquire new skills and combine them to create characters that best fit your play style.

*Experience an expansive game world with hundreds of battle maps and hundreds of friends and foes.

A myriad of richly distinctive and diverse foes will confront you on a variety of battle maps. Prevail against them to gradually unravel the mysteries of this strange new world.

*This software includes the work that is distributed in the Apache License 2.0
09-09-2014, 11:35 AM
Online only?

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2, Tales of Eternia
Officially moved to android

09-09-2014, 11:39 AM
It's a social RPG like Puzzle & Dragons or Brave Frontier, so yeah, regular online checks are required.
09-09-2014, 11:42 AM
Ah beat me to it! BTW, this is in no way my find - saw the main page post and didn't see a thread so all credit to Master Shaun for this one
09-09-2014, 11:45 AM
Oh, man... didn't see this one coming! I thought for sure this would launch in Japan and we wouldn't see it for a year due to localization. Wow. Time to dust off my Canadian account...

Last edited by Sequence; 09-09-2014 at 11:57 AM.
09-09-2014, 12:53 PM
Ah so it really is from Hironobu Sakaguchi's studio.
09-09-2014, 01:54 PM
I know it's online only... and I hate it. But I feel for this guy. Saw it at PAX and wanted to support him. It looks cool. BUT I hate how it's a freemium, online game. When I saw the preview and listen to the creator talk about it, it was evident this was not a "gamer friendly" game. It's made to get your money. I like the art and an interesting playstyle so I may give it a try. It's pretty stupid to only be online just because it's 98% single player. Lame.

Gamecenter ID: Raidriar // Monster Hunter Freedom Unite: Mikasa //
TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 - Monster Hunter Freedom Unite - The World Ends With You - Kingdom Rush Series - Implosion - {Honorable Mention: FF Tactics}

Last edited by L.Lawliet; 09-09-2014 at 01:56 PM.
09-09-2014, 02:27 PM
I got it. Impression soon guys
09-09-2014, 02:41 PM
Game Impressions

09-09-2014, 03:06 PM
Quick Review: 8 out of 10

Really really good game. Probably the best "online battler" game I've played. Better than most because they've made the interface so smooth it doesn't feel like I'm playing those "loading" "connecting" ridiculous online games. However among those lines, you can tell it's supposed to be a single player game because of how good it runs yet it isn't. So far, there aren't even PvP or allied elements (probably still working on developing it) so it makes it even more ridiculous. You MUST have constant connection or the game will not load any areas at all.

Gameplay is unique and quite fun. It keeps you on your toes and stays fresh. You can't "auto" these battles which I like. Yet it's simple and takes some skill to master. Fighting bosses is fun to. I recommend others to give it a try. Finding new classes/characters seems fun but also hard. Common cards are class cards while rarer cards are character named cards. I'm sure those will be hard to come by (premium currency). There are also item drops but you can't equip them so that's a bummer. They're used for changing character classes so far though I don't know how to use them yet.

I dropped 1 point for online only and another for being freemium (timer, premium currency, etc). I could drop more points but I really want to give the dev a chance as he's one of my favorite guys. I even got his signature on my classic Parasite Eve manual

Overall I STILL HATE ONLINE ONLY single player games and this game is a perfect example of a single player game I'd pay $10-20 for easily for a full offline game based on its quality. But because of everyone clamoring for free games, online only games happened. I know with 99.9% certainty there won't be a solo/offline version ever so I can only reluctantly recommend this game that is better than almost all free online collection battlers.

As a bonus, the art and music is amazing. If he gets more downloads, they'll eventually show battle animation art (the only bonus I really want atm).

Gamecenter ID: Raidriar // Monster Hunter Freedom Unite: Mikasa //
TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 - Monster Hunter Freedom Unite - The World Ends With You - Kingdom Rush Series - Implosion - {Honorable Mention: FF Tactics}