Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-23-2011, 11:16 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Send a message via Skype™ to tekchic

Impatiently awaiting my download of Sword & Sworcery to finish. I know little about this game outside of a 3 minute YouTube video and rave reviews. But the originality, retro 8-bit quality and music makes it sound like a winner. Can't wait to stay up too late tonight!
Old 03-23-2011, 11:22 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I was interested, but after reading the review on the main page, it seems that it's a very short game, with 3 chapters. I might be wrong though.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:33 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Funny how I get lost in the main menu. Lost as in don't know what to do. And that word rotate doesn't work!

Edit: pro tip, don't orientation lock your device =p

Last edited by zergslayer69; 03-23-2011 at 11:35 PM..
Old 03-23-2011, 11:34 PM

Thanks for all the posts, feedback, discussion, questions, etc so far TA-Folk.

Don't forget to take screens (HOME+LOCK) and post'em here or on Facebook (if you post on FB, tag the game title so we can see them!)
Old 03-23-2011, 11:55 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Absolutely terrific experience so far! The music is indescribably epic, the artwork is simply breathtaking, and the controls are very good once you find a comfortable way to use them.

One complaint, though— I don't like some of the humor in the first chapter. It just seemed a little off-key for such an epic adventure. I hope it stays away from that kind of thing in the last two chapters!
Old 03-24-2011, 12:04 AM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikemike View Post
Absolutely terrific experience so far! The music is indescribably epic, the artwork is simply breathtaking, and the controls are very good once you find a comfortable way to use them.

One complaint, though— I don't like some of the humor in the first chapter. It just seemed a little off-key for such an epic adventure. I hope it stays away from that kind of thing in the last two chapters!

I disagree. The one sided "conversation" in Chapter 1 brought a big smile to my face.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:08 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

The humor was kind of subtle so it kept it light hearted without making it seem silly.

So far the experience with my sennheisers is just audio bliss. Touch control was slightly wonky and I had to do the first part a few times. Don't want to be too specific for spoilers.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zergslayer69 View Post
The humor was kind of subtle so it kept it light hearted without making it seem silly.

So far the experience with my sennheisers is just audio bliss. Touch control was slightly wonky and I had to do the first part a few times. Don't want to be too specific for spoilers.
feel free to send me a PM with what you thought was wonky, if you dont want to spoil. If there's bugs/issues i'd love to know about them for upcoming updates. Thx!
Old 03-24-2011, 12:20 AM
iPad

Just signed up here so I could express my thanks to you guys for putting this game together, I've been eagerly reading up on the development of this game for months, which is how I came to find this site in the first place. The game is great so far and I sure hope other developers will take notice because you guys definitely raised the bar for iPad gaming!

Jumping the gun a bit I know, but I can't wait to see what you guys do next!

Also just noticed critter crunch is available for iphone. here's some more money
Old 03-24-2011, 12:47 AM

Holy eff. Just played session one. Guys, if you have access to an iPad, get this game NOW. It is that good. Super congrats to the whole S&S team! The art, the sound, the implimentation, the experience... Yup, it's all right here. I am REALLY impressed.

Already got the game? Digging it? Tell you friends, your grandmas bingo club, and random strangers in the checkout line about it! Spread the word!

Dig the tunes? Check out the further works of Jim Guthrie on Bandcamp or iTunes!

Enjoy well crafted, artisticly flared and all around fun games? Critter Crunch and Clash of Heroes are two additional excellent games from Capy! (really looking forward to clash hd)

Support all these people! They've done some damn fine work!

Looking forward to my next session with S&S tomorrow.