Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-04-2009, 06:14 AM

Default Wild West Pinball ($0.99) now v2.0

[App Store Link, $0.99]

Two pinball games in two days released to the AppStore. Do you have enough room in your heart for two? Do you have enough free slots on your iPhone for two different pinball games? If so, let us know how this one compares to the other pinball games?

Last edited by salsamd; 09-15-2009 at 06:57 PM..
Old 04-04-2009, 06:22 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

One thing that already deters me is the fact that is has one course. Sure, it is a normal pinball board (which looks awesome), but to match up with Freeballin, it should have at least six for price purposes, and be in some way unique. Freeballin has online high scores, so does this. Freeballin has some sort of "Rack up the points mode" (score attack) and so does this. However, Wild West pinball has neither time attack nor adventure, and 3 fewer courses for 1 extra dollar. I would not buy this if you have bought Freeballin, were thinking of buying Freeballin, or were thinking of buying something else.

I may be wrong, it may be super fun, so it would be best for someone to TOFTT it.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:32 AM

It's an absolutely fantastic pinball game! The framerate and the look of the (old, classic, mechanical) table is awesome and your really have to see it! Scrolling is a bit irritating at first, because the only see parts of the table, not the whole table width, but you get used to that. They even have mini games included, sometimes the view then rotates by 90 degrees. This combination of the 3d environment, the scrolling and rotation and the old, mechanical look is something special and unique.

I really like this pinball game. It even makes more fun than Pinball Dreams, besides that this one only has one table (but, in Pinball Dreams and Fantasies I always only loved the first table, so that's not a great issue for that).

What I don't like is, that you can only play the game horizontal. You can touch anywhere, but overall it's a bit uncomfortable.

While some won't like the price point, I have no problem with that. If your are looking for a highscore running pinball game, than check this out. It's more a simulator than a game, which differs it from Dreams and Freeballin'.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:29 AM
iPad

I found it strange that not one pic shows the flippers...
Old 04-04-2009, 11:39 AM
iPhone 4

This looks like it's well made, but what's with the "Kill Dirty Harry" thing? Dirty Harry was a character in the 1970's.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:44 AM

Anyone have a video of the gameplay? I wont even consider buying it unless I see video of it first. Especially at that price for just 1 table.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:55 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowFang View Post
Anyone have a video of the gameplay? I wont even consider buying it unless I see video of it first. Especially at that price for just 1 table.
How about this?
http://gameprom.com/gameball/
Old 04-04-2009, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
How about this?
Thanks for the vid man, looks good, I'm going to let this sit in appsniper for a while and see if i can't save a buck. I still play PB Dreams a lot.... But this one looks pretty darn slick.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:03 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337brian View Post
Thanks for the vid man, looks good, I'm going to let this sit in appsniper for a while and see if i can't save a buck. I still play PB Dreams a lot.... But this one looks pretty darn slick.
Maybe it's just me but it just looks like so much empty space on the table. Very authentic and nicely done, but so dry.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:35 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Got it. It's simple: I am a pinball fan and buy every pinball game I can get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM imagery View Post
I found it strange that not one pic shows the flippers...
Here we go... There are two flippers.

Good one. It does not only scroll but it pans, scrolls and zooms automatically. Great. No music but nice electro mechanic stereo game fx sound. Ancient ambient. Perfect physics. Here on my iPhone 3G the framerate sometimes goes down a bit. Detailled review later.

It's a complete new pinball game, not a remake of an old one. Exclusive for iPhone/iPod touch platform. I played it for ten minutes and I think I can recommend it.
Attached Images
File Type: png IMG_0208.PNG (215.7 KB, 999 views)

Last edited by Habakuk; 04-04-2009 at 12:37 PM..