App description: DON'T MISS OUR NEW GAMES:

- Pinball HD Collection
- War Pinball HD
- Jungle Style Pinball
- The Deep Pinball

--------------------------------------

"Going Tilt: Wild West Pinball offers a pretty faithful recreation of the pinball machine experience on your iPhone."
-- Jeff Phillips, Macworld.com

"The game is earning high praise from pinball fans who have been looking for a more authentic experience. Several users have commented on the accurate physics model and "real feel" of Wild West Pinball."
-- Arnold Kim, TouchArcade.com

"The physics and sounds of the game are specifically designed to make the game "feel right" and give pinball fans the closest feel to actually being on a machine."
-- Erik Fikkert, AppVee.com

"...it's a very good game indeed and probably the best digital pin table I've seen in a long time."
-- Sir Digby, AllAboutTheGames.co.uk

"Fantastic 3D pinball table and animations. Very crisp visuals, and a buttery smooth frame rate. It doesnt get any more realistic than this."
-- Matt Dunn, iPhoneGamesNetwork.com

"...there's no title screen, no front end interface or needless menu navigation. You tap, and you're instantly in. It's really clean, and as long as you aren't expecting some sort of epic experience in your pinball, it's perfect given the nature of mobile gaming."
-- Mark Bozon, IGN

ABOUT THE GAME

Wild West Pinball team - more than 3 000 000 players around the world!

Welcome to Wild West Pinball - world first professional pinball simulator for the iPhone. With fast 3D graphics and realistic physics this game will blow your mind. All parts of pinball table are real objects and you can see how it works! Western style locations and environment gives you a lot of fun.

IMPORTANT

You can find SOUND, MUSIC and THEME options in standart iPhone Settings section.
During the game pinch your fingers together or apart to toggle camera mode from live to fixed.

HOW TO PLAY

When running the app, you are presented with a 3D simulated camera zoom, pan and fly-over of one of the games. Swiping right brings up Gameprom news and swiping left brings up the local score screen. Tapping on a game's fly-over screen starts game play. Controls in game:
Tap ANYWHERE on the left side of screen to control the left flipper and ANYWHERE on the right side to control the right flipper.
Shake your iPad to realistically shake the pinball table, but not too much or you'll tilt.
Tap on the "electronic caption" at the top of the screen to pause or resume your game.
During the game pinch your fingers together or apart to toggle camera mode from live to fixed.

Features and capabilities of the game:

New improved 3D engine
Missions and Checkpoints
Hidden locations
Realistic physics
Multiball
Camera effects with two modes
Save/load game
Unique sounds
Original soundtrack
Table tilting
Local scores table
World scores table

LordCrom's comments:
[App Store Link, $0.99]

Two pinball games in two days released to the AppStore. Do you have enough room in your heart for two? Do you have enough free slots on your iPhone for two different pinball games? If so, let us know how this one compares to the other pinball games?

04-04-2009, 06:22 AM
One thing that already deters me is the fact that is has one course. Sure, it is a normal pinball board (which looks awesome), but to match up with Freeballin, it should have at least six for price purposes, and be in some way unique. Freeballin has online high scores, so does this. Freeballin has some sort of "Rack up the points mode" (score attack) and so does this. However, Wild West pinball has neither time attack nor adventure, and 3 fewer courses for 1 extra dollar. I would not buy this if you have bought Freeballin, were thinking of buying Freeballin, or were thinking of buying something else.

I may be wrong, it may be super fun, so it would be best for someone to TOFTT it.

04-04-2009, 08:32 AM
It's an absolutely fantastic pinball game! The framerate and the look of the (old, classic, mechanical) table is awesome and your really have to see it! Scrolling is a bit irritating at first, because the only see parts of the table, not the whole table width, but you get used to that. They even have mini games included, sometimes the view then rotates by 90 degrees. This combination of the 3d environment, the scrolling and rotation and the old, mechanical look is something special and unique.

I really like this pinball game. It even makes more fun than Pinball Dreams, besides that this one only has one table (but, in Pinball Dreams and Fantasies I always only loved the first table, so that's not a great issue for that).

What I don't like is, that you can only play the game horizontal. You can touch anywhere, but overall it's a bit uncomfortable.

While some won't like the price point, I have no problem with that. If your are looking for a highscore running pinball game, than check this out. It's more a simulator than a game, which differs it from Dreams and Freeballin'.

--
taptoplay.de

Plus+: Lakeshore / OpenFeint & Game Center: taptoplay.de
04-04-2009, 11:29 AM
I found it strange that not one pic shows the flippers...

Gravity is my game :: Top Slingshot Player and working to get my #1 spot in Orbital back...
04-04-2009, 11:39 AM
This looks like it's well made, but what's with the "Kill Dirty Harry" thing? Dirty Harry was a character in the 1970's.

GameCenter: NotYou_ver1.0
04-04-2009, 11:44 AM
Anyone have a video of the gameplay? I wont even consider buying it unless I see video of it first. Especially at that price for just 1 table.
04-04-2009, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowFang View Post
Anyone have a video of the gameplay? I wont even consider buying it unless I see video of it first. Especially at that price for just 1 table.
How about this?
http://gameprom.com/gameball/
04-04-2009, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
How about this?
Thanks for the vid man, looks good, I'm going to let this sit in appsniper for a while and see if i can't save a buck. I still play PB Dreams a lot.... But this one looks pretty darn slick.

Gamecenter:1337brian
04-04-2009, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337brian View Post
Thanks for the vid man, looks good, I'm going to let this sit in appsniper for a while and see if i can't save a buck. I still play PB Dreams a lot.... But this one looks pretty darn slick.
Maybe it's just me but it just looks like so much empty space on the table. Very authentic and nicely done, but so dry.
04-04-2009, 12:35 PM
Got it. It's simple: I am a pinball fan and buy every pinball game I can get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM imagery View Post
I found it strange that not one pic shows the flippers...
Here we go... There are two flippers.

Good one. It does not only scroll but it pans, scrolls and zooms automatically. Great. No music but nice electro mechanic stereo game fx sound. Ancient ambient. Perfect physics. Here on my iPhone 3G the framerate sometimes goes down a bit. Detailled review later.

It's a complete new pinball game, not a remake of an old one. Exclusive for iPhone/iPod touch platform. I played it for ten minutes and I think I can recommend it.
Attached Images
File Type: png IMG_0208.PNG (215.7 KB, 1001 views)

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics and videos.)

Last edited by Habakuk; 04-04-2009 at 12:37 PM.