★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Mini Golf Ace

04-04-2009, 06:23 AM
Send a message via AIM to joergp
Mini Golf Ace

As the developer of Mini Golf Ace I'm happy to announce it's finally available from the App Store: http://itunes.com/apps/minigolface

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXOEm7HhAJE

@admin: I've posted to the wrong forum area before with an announcement of the game. Feel free to delete the other thread ...
04-04-2009, 06:30 AM
Mini golf is my favorite golf. I am interested.

04-04-2009, 06:34 AM
I've just watched the video for this and it looks very good. Very simplistic graphics which seem to serve their purpose well (reminds me of an old golf game called Leaderboard from way back). Very polished looking movement and ball physics, and nice sounds.

I can't get into the App Store right now and AppShopper seems to be lagging behind again so could you tell me a bit more about this game? How many holes are there? What is it priced at? Do you have any plans for it in the future such as a level editor?

Thanks very much.

Video games and apps reviewed at News Shopper, a newspaper site in London, England. I'm manager of this site, which gets more than 1.4 million page impressions a month. Any devs wanting your games reviewed, please contact me. (I have a US iTunes account)
04-04-2009, 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moggy_Lloyd View Post
I've just watched the video for this and it looks very good. Very simplistic graphics which seem to serve their purpose well (reminds me of an old golf game called Leaderboard from way back). Very polished looking movement and ball physics, and nice sounds.

I can't get into the App Store right now and AppShopper seems to be lagging behind again so could you tell me a bit more about this game? How many holes are there? What is it priced at? Do you have any plans for it in the future such as a level editor?

Thanks very much.
It is priced at $1.99. You are able to play with up to 4 players. 18 lanes with 6 tries per lane.
04-04-2009, 06:47 AM
There are 18 lanes which have to be played the classical mini golf style from the first to the last one. Difficulty of the lanes differs, but there is no it's-getting-harder-from-level-to-level, because that's simply not the point of the game. So we tried to provide a good mix of difficulty from lane to lane. There are no plans for a level editor right now, because the lanes are modelled in one part.

Game controls are simple yet effective: touch and drag the ball to set direction and hit strength.

It's possible to abort the game anytime and pick it up at a later time again.

Up to four players can play against each other.

Regarding sound: we used professional sound effects, but decided against a background music for now. It's possible to play your music while playing though.

Mini Golf Ace is priced at 1.99 USD, which we feel is very fair.

I'd be happy to answer other questions if any.

Last edited by joergp; 04-04-2009 at 06:50 AM.
04-04-2009, 06:51 AM
18 good quality lanes would represent good value to me for the price you've launched the game at, so thanks for that joergp.

Do you have any plans to introduce more lanes/courses? Maybe a lane editor where creations could be shared among users?

Video games and apps reviewed at News Shopper, a newspaper site in London, England. I'm manager of this site, which gets more than 1.4 million page impressions a month. Any devs wanting your games reviewed, please contact me. (I have a US iTunes account)
04-04-2009, 07:26 AM
I just bought and played through about 10 lanes. It's pretty good when compared with the other mini golf apps in the store currently. The design of the lanes are pretty basic though as far as creativity, theme, color. I don't know if many will be satsfied with just 18 lanes. The controls work good accelerometer pans the camera view around however you want but is a tax sensitive maybe. The physics seem ok but I wouldn't say dead accurate. Overall the game is good for now, I think it's worth about $2. Developer please add more artwork and lanes.
04-04-2009, 10:37 AM
We will certainly continue refining both lanes and graphics.
04-04-2009, 11:24 AM
i am interested but it seems to be missing a little polish. i am sniping this until updated for now.

Gravity is my game :: Top Slingshot Player and working to get my #1 spot in Orbital back...
04-04-2009, 11:25 AM