Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-23-2011, 01:21 PM
iPad

Default Bird Zapper! - (by Namco) - Universal App [v1.1 - Multiplayer]

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 03-24-2011 at 07:30 AM..
Old 03-23-2011, 10:59 PM
The Bearded One
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

My quick impressions are that it's a really fun game that blends aspects from different kinds of gameplay, namely match 3 games and Fruit Ninja. It's a bargain for 99, but I haven't yet tried it out on the iPad 2 to see if they fixed the graphical glitches that were occurring.

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 03-24-2011 at 07:29 AM..
Old 03-23-2011, 11:36 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Downloading! It is also showing in AppShoper.com.
Old 03-24-2011, 03:55 AM

While this is a pretty cute and fun game I am disappointed that they snuck some IAP in the form of batteries into the game. Either purchase a pack for 99 cents or match 1000 birds to earn one. It seems if you purchase a pack you can go on as long as you do not run out of batteries thereby giving yourself a higher score than without them.

Might just be me as you can extend your energy with big matches and all but the lure of a simple boost might be too tempting to some, as for the rest of us, we may be chasing unrealistic scores.

Probably need to play more to see how this all plays out but definitely figured a heads up was in order.
Old 03-24-2011, 04:18 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
While this is a pretty cute and fun game I am disappointed that they snuck some IAP in the form of batteries into the game. Either purchase a pack for 99 cents or match 1000 birds to earn one. It seems if you purchase a pack you can go on as long as you do not run out of batteries thereby giving yourself a higher score than without them.

Might just be me as you can extend your energy with big matches and all but the lure of a simple boost might be too tempting to some, as for the rest of us, we may be chasing unrealistic scores.

Probably need to play more to see how this all plays out but definitely figured a heads up was in order.

I totaly agree with you. Had high hopes for this game but the IAP really made this a hugh disappointment. As far as i can see your highscore will mainly depend on how much money you`re willing to spend on buying battery packs (you get 50 batteries for 0,99$) and not how well you play.
Old 03-24-2011, 01:07 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

I have to admit that I was pretty disappointed by the IAP too. It just doesn't seem like the type of game for it. I played Zen mode quite a bit. I think that helped me learn the game a great deal before playing Survival mode. I guess if you want to play Surv. then you just have to grind for 'em or pay. And I know I'm not paying twice.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sxethang View Post
I have to admit that I was pretty disappointed by the IAP too. It just doesn't seem like the type of game for it. I played Zen mode quite a bit. I think that helped me learn the game a great deal before playing Survival mode. I guess if you want to play Surv. then you just have to grind for 'em or pay. And I know I'm not paying twice.
Just really seems wrong to have to grind for ANYTHING in a match 3!!! Totally not a fan of buying your way to a higher score.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:08 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Yeah I know. Survival mode will only be something I play only a handful of times. Those are the sneaky IAP's that upset me.
Old 03-24-2011, 05:41 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Default Game Impressions

I should have read here first!

I was thinking it was a pretty cool game...but what is that battery thing in the corner...AHHH CRAP!

I HATE EXPENDABLE IAPS, especially ones that COMPLETELY invalidate the scoring system!

Crap. What would have been a 5 drops quickly to a 2.
Old 04-27-2011, 06:39 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Now... from Namco.... unbelievably.... free......

Did I mention Namco???