★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: GumDrops - Action Puzzle game - Promo codes

04-04-2009, 08:50 AM
GumDrops - Action Puzzle game - Promo codes

GumDrops (GumDropsLite) is what you get if you turn the game play of Tetris on its head.

Youtube link | Pop Up

Gum drop pieces fall from the top of the screen 2 at a time, and it is up to you to guide them into groups of 4 or more to explode them off the screen.

The game includes 4 different game modes, wrapped in a beautiful candy coated graphics shell.

GumDrops was programmed by myself, with fellow TouchArcade forum member warpser creating the graphics.

To celebrate the release of GumDrops we are having a contest to let people win promo codes to the full game.

Download and play the lite version, take a screen shot of the statistics screen at the end of the game, and post it in the thread.

Tomorrow I'll hand out promo codes to the top 10 high scores.

If you do download either version, and enjoy it, please give it a review on iTunes, and let the people back here know too!

Last edited by shen; 12-19-2009 at 05:52 AM.
04-04-2009, 11:06 AM
I'm getting the Lite and trying it but I suck at games generally so I probably won't win. Won't stop me trying!

Don't check this site or private messages often.

04-04-2009, 11:09 AM
I gotta say, I'm impressed. It looks like you've improved since you released Upsi Runner . I'm not trying to sound mean, it's genuine. This game looks good

"Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"- The master himself, Dr. Seuss
04-04-2009, 05:58 PM
Fun little game, reminds me a lot of a cuter Dr. Mario.

I like the little expressions they make, although you don't get much time to look at them while playing.

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc
04-04-2009, 06:10 PM
this game is hard the controls take some time to get used to
but anyway heres mine before i gave up
plz make controls easier

Currently Playing: MiniGore, LUXOR, Baseball Sluggers, Zenonia, Spy Bot Chronicles,
openfeint ID: stykman Plus+ ID: Stykman
Twitter: Stykman1 follow me
Beta tested: 15 games

Last edited by Stykman; 04-04-2009 at 06:27 PM.
04-04-2009, 06:35 PM
Stykman - What about the controls do you find difficult?

Shen
04-04-2009, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shen View Post
Stykman - What about the controls do you find difficult?

Shen
the fact that i have press different buttons to rotate the gumdrops.
maybe you could put the arrows on one side of the screen like a dpad and the rotating button on the other side
i dont think u need 2 rotating buttons

Currently Playing: MiniGore, LUXOR, Baseball Sluggers, Zenonia, Spy Bot Chronicles,
04-04-2009, 06:41 PM
hi shen! until what time is the contest? im going to post at the latest possible time i've been playing the lite version a lot and it's a lot of fun.

hope there is a "down" arrow though because, sometimes, the balls just take a lot of time to drop.
04-04-2009, 07:04 PM
zvnthynn - touch the bottom part of the game board to drop pieces faster.
The contest will go for another 12 hours or so, but feel free to post a screen shots as you go along, and I'll take your best one.

stykman - having 2 rotate buttons give the user more ability to rotate the piece into tight situations. 1 rotates clockwise, the other goes counter clockwise. If you like you can just use 1, and press it more often.

Thanks for your idea though, it is food for thought.
04-04-2009, 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shen View Post
zvnthynn - touch the bottom part of the game board to drop pieces faster.
The contest will go for another 12 hours or so, but feel free to post a screen shots as you go along, and I'll take your best one.

stykman - having 2 rotate buttons give the user more ability to rotate the piece into tight situations. 1 rotates clockwise, the other goes counter clockwise. If you like you can just use 1, and press it more often.

Thanks for your idea though, it is food for thought.

its like when i played tetris on the gameboy

lleft and right arrows to move
down arrow to drop pieces faster
a to rotate
b to automaticaly drop the piece