★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: NOW WITH NEW DAILY CO-OP CHALLENGES, NEW WEAPONS: DUAL WIELD & THE MACHINE GUN, NEW GEAR: CYBERNETIC SCOPE & ULTRASOUND EMITTER, NEW MISSION TYPE: TEST OUT THE BEST WEAPONS, DAILY DEALS AND NEW ACHIEVEMENTS!!

They might call you an enforcer, or an assassin. Call it what you like - you're a CONTRACT KILLER.

Pulled into a world of bounty hunters, mobsters and criminals, you must check in with your contacts and accept SECRET MISSIONS that only you can handle. Select your WEAPON OF CHOICE from an inventory of sniper rifles, assault rifles and machine guns. Locate your target, zoom in, take aim and GO FOR THE HEADSHOT to earn cold hard cash. You might eliminate a crime boss and escape without being spotted, or you might walk straight into an AMBUSH...

WELCOME TO CENTRAL CITY
Prepare for your mission and then jump into one of many vantage points within 5 gritty 3D locations

UNLIMITED MISSIONS
17 Story Missions and unlimited Random Missions provide cash, XP and lots of action

DEADLY WEAPONS
20 distinct weapons including handguns, sniper rifles, machine guns and assault rifles

ALIVE OR DEAD
Use the Tranquilizer Gun to capture your target or put them down... permanently

FOLLOW US at
Twitter @glumobile
facebook.com/ContractKillerGlu

The Glu Assassins are always shooting to make sure we keep Contract Killer locked-&-loaded full of free content and new features. Previous updates include:
New weapons
New Game Center Achievements
Easy weapon swap and reload

Contract Killer is free to play, but you can choose to pay real money for some extra items, which will charge your iTunes account. You can disable in-app purchasing by adjusting your device settings.
03-24-2011, 03:56 PM
wow, if this game just launched, there are 15 ratings on appstore already! 11 of them are 5-star! That sounds like more awesomeness than I could probably handle!!!

Edit:-note that is on the UK appstore, mabe its a little different on the US appstore?

Game Centre I.D - Scarypharaoh
03-24-2011, 03:58 PM
IAPs:

$65,000 Cash Bundle - $9.99

Classic Card (170 Credits) - $9.99

Standard Card (80 Credits) - $4.99

It looks like these are extras and not do not have to be bought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarypharaoh View Post
wow, if this game just launched, there are 15 ratings on appstore already! 11 of them are 5-star! That sounds like more awesomeness than I could probably handle!!!

Edit:-note that is on the UK appstore, mabe its a little different on the US appstore?
4 reviews in US store so far. only 2 are 5 stars.
03-24-2011, 04:11 PM
03-25-2011, 04:30 AM
Been playing this a fair bit, some of the areas are the same and some killings are super easy.

But i've turned off push notifications, in my settings also its all set not to notify me. What happens at 5am this morning ? My gadget beeps to tell me my health had increased ! I turned off push notifications etc !

Seems to be an issue with this
03-26-2011, 12:37 PM
I've been playing this off and on in short bursts and I've really been enjoying it. So far the contracts have been pretty easy but there is always a challenge to get a faster kill to get more XP. Locations and missions seem to be repeating but I've only done ~12 missions, looks like there are more locations to unlock on the map as you gain levels. Overall a fun experience and doesn't cost anything to try it out.

Missions cost energy, once your energy is gone you can either buy more with credits, IAP, or just wait till they replenish over time. They also fully replenish when you level up, thus if you're good at the game and can get bonus XP you can get a lot farther faster. As I don't mind grinding a bit for cash and have the patience to wait for my energy to recharge I haven't been pressured to spend any real cash. If you like gun simulation games with fairly simple missions and slight leveling up elements this could be a fun game for you.