★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Mr. McMahon has stripped you of your championship and now you must go on the Road to WrestleMania to reclaim it. In WWE Superstar Slingshot you can choose between 10 of your favorite Superstars as you battle different opponents through 15 Events and 135 Matches. Use ring ropes to catapult your Superstar all the way to WrestleMania! WWE Superstar Slingshot features hours of intense game play and is a must for any member of the WWE Universe.

- 10 Playable WWE Superstars: Big Show, Edge, John Cena, Kane, Kofi Kingston, Randy Orton, Rey Mysterio, The Miz, Triple H and Undertaker.
- 15 WWE Events: WrestleMania, Royal Rumble, SummerSlam, Survivor Series, Extreme Rules, WWE Over the Limit, WWE Fatal 4-Way, WWE Money in the Bank, Night of Champions, Hell in a Cell, WWE Bragging Rights, WWE TLC: Tables, Ladders and Chairs, Elimination Chamber, Raw and SmackDown.
- Championships: WWE and World Heavyweight Championships
- Facebook and Twitter Integration
- Game Center Support
03-24-2011, 05:45 PM
"Angry Wrestlers"
Sorry someone had to say it.

03-24-2011, 05:45 PM
For those gamers who prefer sweaty half-naked men over cutesy disgruntled birds!

Playing Now: Lara Croft Go, Boxy Kingdom, The Shadow Sun
Waiting For: Lumines
GameCenter: -jjj-
03-24-2011, 06:02 PM
Any game play footage?
03-24-2011, 07:13 PM
Originally Posted by Creepshow View Post
"Angry Wrestlers"
Sorry someone had to say it.
Yes, and, well said!
03-24-2011, 07:17 PM
There's no way in Hell this game is complete. Something's very wrong. Why fight your way through 135 "matches" when you can just select the WrestleMania tier from the get-go?

Where do I start with my complaints? All the stages are unlocked from the start of the game (no progression), there's no 3-star system, no record of how you did in each round, who the Hell chose that god-awful menu music? It's also not retina enabled. Yes... that complaint! Those vibrant screenshots look like s*** on a retina display. :/ It's a shame because the game has so much potential. The core gameplay is solid and both the animation and crowd sounds are generally good. It's like angry birds, Trucks 'n' Skulls and the WWE had a lovechild...I don't know why, but that's a good thing.

I don't know why I have a feeling there was a mistake and the final build wasn't submitted to Apple. There's so much wasted potential with the game. I doubt the devs will ever visit TA, but there are so many unanswered questions that do in fact need answering.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"

Last edited by metalcasket; 03-24-2011 at 07:22 PM. Reason: I DUNNO LOL
03-24-2011, 09:19 PM
Seriously? Why not port the Smackdown series over or at Least bring the mobile versions back. But this is better than nothing I suppose.
03-24-2011, 09:49 PM

WWE Superstar Slingshot is exactly what it looks like, an Angry Birds formula game. Its fun and and some of the later levels do get quite hard, though it is missing the depth that Angry Birds has. Like MetalCasket said, there are no ratings for the levels and you dont have to unklock anything as its all there from the get go. The game does track your overall score for the show (A show consisting of 9 levels) via game center, which is something I guess. There are 15 superstars to pick from but I dont think it makes any difference who you use.

Overall, it is fun, but definately something for the hardcore wrestling fans who want an Angry Birds type game with a wrestling theme.

Future updates to sort out some of the initial release downfalls would help this game appeal to a broader market.

EDIT: I also agree with elimcfly, I have Tony Hawks Pro SKater 2 on my Ipod and its pretty much a port of the Playstation version with some features removed to keep the file size down (it clocks in at 91.4mb). Given that we are getting to the point where we have games like Infinity Blade that clock in at 547mb, there is no reason we couldnt at the very least get a toned down version of Smackdown 2.

Last edited by SonicHydra; 03-24-2011 at 09:59 PM.
03-24-2011, 10:08 PM
Sounds like this one didn't say its prayers and eat its vitamins! And it's 3... 2... 1... down for the count!
03-25-2011, 01:39 AM
Unfortunately TNA is going to beat WWE to the iOs outing...
This is really a let down for the hardcore WWE fans I'm sure.

I'd be more willing to try it if the $.99 price tag was attached
like it's "comparison" title.

HHH is my hero.