★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Snes9x EX, free SNES emulator

07-09-2011, 02:03 PM
Can't I control using my iphone? aww
Great emulator though, I guess I'll buy a wii retro controller
07-11-2011, 02:47 AM
Speaking of controllers: What is the best wireless controller for use with SNES9x, MD.emu and Mame? The Datel Retro or are there better alternatives? I read that the response to button presses is lagging occasionally - is that a significant problem?

07-11-2011, 03:36 AM
Has anyone tried playing the rom mod/hack super metroid redesign on this?
I'm absolutely loving playing the original super metroid in this great emulator, just wondered if anyone has tried it to see if it works also?

Game Centre I.D - Scarypharaoh
07-11-2011, 06:15 AM
Some good news for those who don't want to install BTstack and friends along with my emulators. Starting with the next update (1.4.0), the apps will no longer pull in any other Cydia packages. Only users who want to use Bluetooth controllers need to separately install BTstack. I've also found a way to minimize worst-case Bluetooth lag to about 1 frame which should really help out systems like SNES and Genesis where using Auto-frameskip may introduce significant lag in the current 1.3.30 version.
07-12-2011, 09:52 AM
hey could any one tell me how to get this working on my iphone 3gs cause i would love to play super metroid and mega man x on the go thanks for any help in advance
07-12-2011, 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepeos View Post
Any chance of adding Joypad support for iPhone/iPad play? I know another SNES emulator has it, but this emulator is much better!
Sorry, didn't realize you meant the Joypad app on the app store. Unfortunately I won't be able to add support for this because the license terms imposed by their SDK would violate the GPL license I use for my emulators. If there was some information published about the protocol so that I could write the code myself then I'd consider it.
07-13-2011, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakashazi View Post
Sorry, didn't realize you meant the Joypad app on the app store. Unfortunately I won't be able to add support for this because the license terms imposed by their SDK would violate the GPL license I use for my emulators. If there was some information published about the protocol so that I could write the code myself then I'd consider it.

Ah I see, that's pretty crap, but I suppose it makes sense! Thanks for replying anyway - which would you recommend as the best Bluetooth controller for your emulators? Do you have any experience with unofficial Wii ones?
07-14-2011, 10:00 PM
Currently the emulators support Wiimotes (and optionally the Classic Controller) and the iControlPad. I believe any 3rd party Wiimote clones should also work though I've only tested official ones.
07-15-2011, 02:04 AM
Send a message via ICQ to spajdr
Just wonder, did im doing something wrong, i set up size of buttons, frameskip to 0 and other things, but when i exit emulator and run it again, all settings i made is gone and i need to set it again, should it be like this?
I would love to have same filters as your zx spectrum emulator have :-)

Last edited by spajdr; 07-15-2011 at 02:06 AM.
07-16-2011, 08:55 AM
Really nice snes emu, runs smooth and sound is good. only problem is i cant save, when i press save state it says file i/o error. Anyone help me out? Thanks

Figured it out, if anyone gets that error, browse your idevice files and change the permissions on your snes rom folder to 777.

This is the best snes emu out there, a few things could be improved though.

It would be nice if the dpad was right in the corner of the screen in landscape mode, the ability to move the buttons and dpad where we want would be amazing.

Also the option to have a analog stick would be really good, personaly i think the controls in imame4all are perfect, anyway of porting those controls with snes9x ex?

I think with a few tweaks to the controls this would be perfect, loving it as it is but just giving my opinions.

Thanks and keep up the good work

Last edited by BruteOutlawz; 07-16-2011 at 03:55 PM.