★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
03-26-2011, 09:01 AM
Can someone give me his/her thoughts on the AI? I really need it to be good.
03-26-2011, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trystero View Post
Can someone give me his/her thoughts on the AI? I really need it to be good.
very good not to hard but challenging. Like playing a teenager, smart but won't always make the right moves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwet17 View Post
Tucharcade is da wurst
It's reveiws sux

03-26-2011, 09:30 AM
this game crash on ipod 4g,fix that ASAP
03-26-2011, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PnExT View Post
this game crash on ipod 4g,fix that ASAP
it works for me, try respringing
03-26-2011, 10:02 AM
@Rubicon, just tried the Lite version, and I'm about to purchase the Full version now (so much fun!), but I wanted to ask you something about the HD version...
Right now I'm playing on a 3rd generation iPod touch, but I was still thinking of getting the HD version, so:
1) Would I actually have a lower resolution than if I got the regular one for my device?
2) Besides the small price difference on purchase (which is totally fine, glad to encourage you guys as much as possible!), will the IAPs (campaign packs, etc.) stay at the same price for both version?

Thanks, can't wait to play some more! And I'll make sure to post more detailed feedback later!

Currently playing: Out There, Ledoliel, Doctor Who: Legacy, Sky Force 2014, Canabalt
03-26-2011, 10:10 AM
I've had such a hard time finding a great tbs for iPhone/pad. Highborn is very very good but glwg is easily my favorite. The games flow is outstanding. The troops and abilities make sence. I have not found anything at all to complain about. Great job. If you like tbs you can just skip the lite version and buy this.
03-26-2011, 10:20 AM
Thanks for the positive comments, guys.

The HD version will run at the maximum possible resolution your device supports, regardless of what it is. The standard "low def" version is basically the old iPhone size whatever you run it on.

Putting aside my obvious bias about the price difference, I would recommend 3GS owners by the standard version and any other device owner go for the HD one.

The app seems very stable so far, but if you do find a crash or other major bug, I promise we'll push out an update as soon as we can identify and fix it. We're not running away from this game and intend to keep it updated and extended over time.
03-26-2011, 10:42 AM
What is required to successfully conquer an enemy barrack?

Tried 2nd mission 2 times now, when i place an engineer on the "blue" field of the enemies barracks, then play "next round" there is a message denied and the engineer disappears.

Just got an idea, do i have to make an action with the engineer after moving him there?
03-26-2011, 10:46 AM
Great game - was an instabuy, as promised

One question: bought a speech-pack but still get the 'old' commands? What do I miss?
03-26-2011, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkwalker View Post
What is required to successfully conquer an enemy barrack?

Tried 2nd mission 2 times now, when i place an engineer on the "blue" field of the enemies barracks, then play "next round" there is a message denied and the engineer disappears.

Just got an idea, do i have to make an action with the engineer after moving him there?
If you park anything on an enemy "build pad" it'll get killed in the next turn. This is to stop people "cheating" by choking off the enemy's ability to build.

To take a building with an engineer, simply move him next to it and then make him attack it. Tap to select an engineer stood next to a building and then some purple circles should show up on the building. Tap one of those and presto.