04-29-2012, 11:30 AM
I have no clue how I ever missed this game when it came out or since then but I just recently discovered this thread after seeing the Total War game from Sega and I wound up wondering what other real-time or turn-based games were available.

My understanding is that apparently a sequel is soon coming and I was wondering if perhaps I should wait for that or instead bite the bullet on this one to hold me over. Any suggestions?

Apps iLove: iBooks, Podcasts, Tweetbot, Reeder, Instapaper, SoundHound, MLS Live
Games iLove: Real Racing 2, Minecraft, Fieldrunners 2, Great Big War Game, FIFA 12
GameCenter: PeterM11

04-29-2012, 12:05 PM
Not that I'm biased or anything, but I'd recommend the current game first.

The sequel is going to be a little more expensive and not out until sometime in June, depending on how the Beta goes.

The extra price is more about the extra (and ongoing) resources needed to support the multiplayer game, as opposed to a grab for more profit. We are hoping this will be the game's defining feature - it really does rock!

(It plays like that PBEM+?>>1 v1.2 blah) that that 'other' game has, only being a small indie team we see no mileage in making it out to be something revolutionary, which it isn't)
04-29-2012, 12:17 PM
Alright, great. I'll probably pick this up later today then. Totally understand the need for a higher price for the sequel. I'm on board with developers charging more for quality work.

Apps iLove: iBooks, Podcasts, Tweetbot, Reeder, Instapaper, SoundHound, MLS Live
Games iLove: Real Racing 2, Minecraft, Fieldrunners 2, Great Big War Game, FIFA 12
GameCenter: PeterM11
05-01-2012, 02:41 AM
June.. What??? That is so loooooooonnnnnnngggggg
05-01-2012, 03:03 AM
I know. Part of that will be an open Beta though so you can get your hands on it a little earlier if you go that route. Details to be announced when I get back from abroad in a couple of weeks.
05-01-2012, 04:46 AM
Any chance you can add a different tile set? I would prefer if the graphics were 2D.
05-01-2012, 05:07 AM
The graphics have all been given some love, but this is a 3D game - it won't play properly in 2D and in any case would be far too much work, practically a new title. Sorry.
05-01-2012, 08:15 AM
Yea... Maybe my iPad will function this time for the beta.. Lol