★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Top Game for iPhone and iPad
Best Action Defense Game for iOS
View video : Click on Monster Trouble HD Support
Visit More Games and Subscribe to NuOxygen's newsletter to know in advance about free games, promotions and gifts giveaway :)
Download Ikaro Racing HD : Air Master our Amazing Air Racing Game

Enter into a fantastic 3D world populated by Monsters, Goblins and Ogres, where the country dwellers gather to defend their houses from a horde of monsters that, wave after wave, filter out of various caves. You must help the country dwellers to survive the onslaught so you can get a chance and move on to the next level.

The Best "Action Defense Game" for iPad & iPhone

Monster Trouble gameplay isnt all conventional, you cant just sit down and watch the game go! You must build your defenses using a variety of wooden and brick structures then populate them with a cast of characters ranging from farmers to hunters.

*Apple Game of the Week *
PRESS QUOTES
"It's more than capable of holding its own against the waves of TowerDefense titles on iOS"

"It's worth pointing out here that Monster Trouble looks fantastic" , PocketGamer 8/10

"Magic Dream Games has taken the genre and built a solid experience with Monster Trouble HD" , 148Apps

AWARDS
SILVER AWARD , PocketGamer

CLOCKWORK HERO : the award for technical excellence at the Brave New Game, and has been selected by Apple as "Game of the week" in 83 countries after only two weeks of its release !!!

KILLER FEATURES
*New Mount Evil Survival Level in app.
*Terrific 3D graphics.
*36 Levels packed with fun.
*Survival playing mode on every level.
*A terrific cast of characters.
Farmer,
Hunter,
Old Grandma,
Fire Eater,
Gipsy.
*10 types of towers, each with unique features.
*10 different types of Monsters to fight.
*10 wonderful maps
Granny's farm,
The Mill,
The crossroad,
Gunter's hut,
The circus,
The dry river,
The island,
The village,
Mount Evil.

Do you want Monster Trouble for MacOS ?
"GREAT MONSTER TROUBLE AVAILABLE" ON THE MAC APP STORE

NuOxygen Game Publishing is publisher for Magic Dream Games
follow us on twitter : http://twitter.com/#!/nuoxygen
follow us on nuoxygen : http://www.nuoxygen.com
03-26-2011, 06:44 AM
Kudos to Magic Dream Games, it looks great: hope to play it soon.

Last edited by Levin; 03-27-2011 at 01:34 AM.

03-27-2011, 07:14 AM
Hope there will be an iPhone/iPod version too because this looks awesome and I would love to play this game!
03-27-2011, 11:22 AM
Has anyone actually played this yet? If so, is it good? I love good TDs, but some are really not so good...

XBox Gamertag, GC, OpenFeint, Plus+: tecwrtr
Senior Technical Writer - always happy to write reviews!
03-28-2011, 01:22 PM
Hey! I'm one of the guys working on the game. (Thanks for the post!)

The iphone/ipod touch version is definitely coming (3gs+), right now we are improving the user interface in order to deliver a smooth experience even on smaller displays.

I'm not exactly the right person to tell you if the game it's actually good, but what I can tell you is that compared to a classical TD game, Monster Trouble is more tactical ... let's say ... almost "action oriented".

This is because attacking monsters fight back, and you will have to manage (move, heal, stop them from being on fire) your defenders to keep them alive and prevail against the super-evil hordes of demented creatures you will be facing.

However, we are about to release a lite version, so basically you will be able to try the game by yourself!

If you happen to have some comments and suggestions about Monster Trouble ...let me know, I'll be watching this post.
04-02-2011, 11:15 AM
I've found this video

http://vimeo.com/21845767
04-02-2011, 12:08 PM
Great looking video - the graphic design is top-notch. I might just have to make this my week-end purchase !!!

I'm an app-oholic! And there's no 12-step program...
IAPs = I Ain't Purchasing, son !
04-02-2011, 12:13 PM
Thanks for the video link. I believed it was a sort of RTS after to have been attracted by the graphics, and thankfully the video show it's a TD but with many action elements.

I hope actions won't be too much for me, also I'm a little worry about how well it is adapted to iPad1 because I saw a player comment about some lag. But anyway there's all chance I'll gab it this WE.
04-02-2011, 12:42 PM
I saw the same comment on iTunes - there is a complaint about lag time during play. Anyone else played this and can say if this is true or not ? I can't see how this would be very good at all if there's too much of a delay. I was surprised because the video doesn't seem to be lagging at all...

Comments, anyone ?

I'm an app-oholic! And there's no 12-step program...
IAPs = I Ain't Purchasing, son !
04-03-2011, 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quebecotr View Post
I saw the same comment on iTunes - there is a complaint about lag time during play. Anyone else played this and can say if this is true or not ? I can't see how this would be very good at all if there's too much of a delay. I was surprised because the video doesn't seem to be lagging at all...

Comments, anyone ?
So I bought it and played first levels (ipad1), so for very first levels I didn't quote a single lag. But it's just the first levels, the first 4, because for now this is a difficult TD for me. First two levels are more for tutorial, and since 3rd I lost at first attempt but succeed after. And then again lost at map 4 but after 3 or even 4 attempts I still haven't beat it.

Arg it's a bit difficult to admit it, but I didn't do that well for now. For me and from what I played it's fully a TD but a TD rather different because of some rule changes.

You have towers and units, need build the towers and place the units in towers.

There's different type of towers:
  • Many are just structure where you can place units that will attack enemies.
  • Other type of towers are simple barricades, well to get more water (explanation further), one is a table of food to provide food to heal units around, I forget few other.

Enemies will counter attack units and then towers that hosted them, this involving that your towers can attract enemies at least most of them. Also you have potions to heal units, potions are drops from enemies. And one special tower can give a slow healing to all close units.

Also you can move a unit from one tower to another tower.

And the last but not the least, some enemies can put in fire a group of towers and units and you need use a brick of water to extinct the fire faster as it damages slowly units and towers. You can get more waters from a well which is a special tower you can build.

The map themselves are mix of:
  • Paths where you can't build towers,
  • more open area where you can build towers but also enemies can pass there if it's open,
  • obstacles like cliff or indestructible barricades,
  • and commoners building that enemies will want destroy if they get past defenses, in a map you protect a whole town and need avoid that more than three commoner building is destroyed.
  • Also, depending of the maps enemy can come from one direction or from multiple, you see yellow arrows on borders if they are far and red if they are closer.

Ha last detail you need tap to collect drops from enemies like gold and potions, and you need check unit health level to eventually heal them and use water to stop a fire. And during pause you can't do anything.

Ha I forgot, the real last detail, the gold you end with a level (you get some gold reward at end of each level) is used as start gold for next level.

I haven't played enough maps but for now my feeling is very very good, I hope it will be along all the game.

Last edited by Qordobo; 04-03-2011 at 08:32 PM.