★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

N.O.V.A. 3 with Unreal Engine?

03-26-2011, 05:08 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to diabolus
N.O.V.A. 3 with Unreal Engine?

N.O.V.A. 3 being developed with Unreal Engine 3!

Gameloft is working on four games utilising Epic Games's Unreal Engine 3.

Word has it that shooter sequel N.O.V.A. 3 is among the four titles built around the engine and will be out later this year.

Switching to Unreal Engine 3 is an interesting move. N.O.V.A. 2 looked nice, so who knows what it'll look like this time around.

No announcement is planned for the game until late in the year, so sit tight.

Source: http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Vario...re.asp?c=28651

instagram.com/freezelighter
03-26-2011, 05:27 AM
The Rumour Mine at Rocket Gamer is about as trustworthy as a politician.....I guess the standards for opening a thread here are non existent.

03-26-2011, 06:20 AM
Can we please have this thread closed, quoting rumours for games that are probably more than half a year from release is pointless.
03-26-2011, 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drez View Post
The Rumour Mine at Rocket Gamer is about as trustworthy as a politician.....I guess the standards for opening a thread here are non existent.
Dude, chill!! xD
We're innocently specualting the eventual creation and release of an UE3 NOVA 3... ok?
And I like the old rumor mine - I get free candy from the guy pushing the carts o.O
03-26-2011, 07:08 AM
Even I'd you don't take the rumour mine into account, it's not a big leap of faith to assume Gameloft would use the Unreal Engine on their most profitable and notorious traditional game. Really, that's a foregone conclusion at this point; it's the other game that's a little trickier to pinpoint.
03-26-2011, 07:09 AM
It's too early for this thread. The game is at least 6 months away and it might not use UE3 (although it's likely).

Hakuna Matata
03-26-2011, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drez View Post
You are so wrong there. Sure, they aren't right all the time, but I'd say for about 80% of the time they're bang-on-target.
03-26-2011, 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Der-Kleine View Post
Can we please have this thread closed, quoting rumours for games that are probably more than half a year from release is pointless.
trust me ,the developers starts new game topics years before releaase
03-26-2011, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arta View Post
Even I'd you don't take the rumour mine into account, it's not a big leap of faith to assume Gameloft would use the Unreal Engine on their most profitable and notorious traditional game. Really, that's a foregone conclusion at this point; it's the other game that's a little trickier to pinpoint.
I'm quite sure that their most poplular game series is the Modern Combat series, I mean, months after release of both MC2 and Nova 2 It's still higher in the charts, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXistenT View Post
trust me ,the developers starts new game topics years before releaase
We're talking about iOS games here, not home console games. iOS games by gameloft usually take about a year to make.
03-26-2011, 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Der-Kleine View Post
I'm quite sure that their most poplular game series is the Modern Combat series, I mean, months after release of both MC2 and Nova 2 It's still higher in the charts, right?

We're talking about iOS games here, not home console games. iOS games by gameloft usually take about a year to make.
yeah
but gameloft probably already started as soon as they released nova 2
and they will probably make mc3 too

GameCenter- alui777