Support our Sponsors:

Old 01-06-2013, 05:59 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ip4weather View Post
if i buy Apple 30-pin Digital AV Adapter can i play all ipad games on TV or only HDMI supported?
The AV adapter (http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD...o=MjEzNTIxNDM#) is HDMI. And yes you can play any game but only those who support hdmi out will be fullscreen. Anything else will have the aspect ration and size of the ipad screen, mirrored on the TV.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:02 PM
In Time-Out
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

I think I'm going to start a more current airplay thread when I get the time. For me, my favorite airplay game is Beat Hazard, wow, it rocks. Also asphalts and real racings are really good.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:53 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Our latest game 'Sparkling Poker' works pretty good using Airplay as well, using the tv as the game table and everyone sitting around the screen holding their 'cards' (their iPhone/iPad/iPod).

Youtube link | Pop Up
Old 01-08-2013, 05:38 AM
In Time-Out
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ip4weather View Post
if i buy Apple 30-pin Digital AV Adapter can i play all ipad games on TV or only HDMI supported?
Almost all, on hdmi mirroring mode. This is different than airplay. Some games will crash. Some games work better than others, I will post a more detailed answer for you in the hdmi thread. I will post a link tomorrow when I finish it. Read the hdmi thread, there's already a lot of info on it. This thread deals more with airplay games.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:42 AM
In Time-Out
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercow View Post
The AV adapter (http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD...o=MjEzNTIxNDM#) is HDMI. And yes you can play any game but only those who support hdmi out will be fullscreen. Anything else will have the aspect ration and size of the ipad screen, mirrored on the TV.
One note, you can use all of your tv zoom modes to zoom further to make it close to full screen even on non airplay games. My tv has lots if zoom modes like original, wide, zoom, stretch, and panorama. So any game that is a landscape game, with one of these modes, I can easily make basically full screen.

I constantly change zoom modes on my tv for optimal fullscreening. It is really nice.
Old 02-28-2013, 03:17 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Thanks for that list! I think I'm getting one of these HDMI adapters!

I was wondering does HDMI compatibility mean AirPlay compatibility too or would that be limited by the bandwidth of WiFi ?
Old 02-28-2013, 03:22 AM
In Time-Out
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by webvan View Post
Thanks for that list! I think I'm getting one of these HDMI adapters!

I was wondering does HDMI compatibility mean AirPlay compatibility too or would that be limited by the bandwidth of WiFi ?
Come join us here: there are quite a lot of hdmi/apple tv folks now.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=173262

Hdmi and apple tv essentially do the same thing, apple tv is wireless, but for mirrored game has lag and a slight delay. Hdmi has an uncomfortable cable. Read the hdmi thread for a lot of interesting stuff, and if you have any questions, please post.