★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Important: Birth: Dalarian Invasion is designed to run on iPhone 3gs or higher. Earlier devices will have performance issues.

Birth: Dalarian Invasion, set in a fantasy world full of Action-RPG elements. You are a warrior of the lands and have been resurrected by the Gods of Birth to defend your home world from an evil and ruthless threat, the Dalarian.

The Dalarian are an evil and powerful race that enslave worlds for their own desires of power, manipulating creatures of conquored worlds for their own gains. Dalarian Summoners are powerful mages that open portals to new worlds allowing their warriors to enter destroying and enslaving all.

An Action-RPG experience, complete quests, destory enemies and save Birth for the Dalarian Invasion.

Haste warrior, birth needs you.

If you have any support requirements please contact us at support@sculptureinteractive.com

Jakeo's comments:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAME INTRO/PROLOGUE
Rise Hero...
Awaken from your eternal rest. The once peaceful world of Birth is in grave danger!
You once died for this world and have been chosen by the gods to die for it yet again.

An evil force is ascending upon Birth, and you alone must find a way to defend this world.

Leave your tomb and seek me out in Kaldore where I shall provide you with further guidance...
The game is fantastic and well worth the money - because very soon new classes will be added, new skills, animations, expansions for the gameworld, interface upgrades, graphics overhauls. Be a part of the process.

THIS IS YOUR CHANCE TO HELP MAKE THE GAME ALL THAT IT CAN BE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpture Entertainment
Birth: Dalarian Invasion, has been released to the Apple AppStore.

Go grab your copy now and help the devs improve it. Remember use the games feedback feature on the menu screen and complete the survey form to help decide what features get improved / implemented next. Remember that Birth is currently priced at only 99c and as the game recieves improvements the price will also grow, so get your copy now for a nice low price while you can, all updates are free.
The Developer claims there are hours upon hours of enjoyment to be had in this game. They promise consistent updates for content, gameplay and many more features!

Thoughts?

**EDIT**

INITIAL IMPRESSIONS
(from page 2:

My run through of the game so far:

Awakening: You awaken from your eternal slumber, called forth by the Gods to defend Birth from a new enemy...The Dalarian, an evil demon come to enslave all and wreak havoc.

You venture out of the crypt, encountering enemies varying from rats, to spiders and skeletons wielding swords. You only have your fists to fight with. The combat at this stage is hit-and-miss, so be prepared to run like the wind if your health gets too low. It does regenerate as soon as you stop attacking though, so run until you're ready to head back. It's a decent gameplay mechanic...very newbie friendly.

Kaldore:
The Blinding light hits your eyes as you emerge from your crypt. You meet the Spirit which called to you at the beginning. You are told to reach Level 4 before you may continue the main quest. So off to the nearby town of Kaldore down the road. There are several buildings, no interiors accessible at this time. There is a women looking for her lost son, a farmer with vermin trouble and a cook whose supplies have been taken by bandits. Then there is the Blacksmith/Merchant near a cart. These are the only neutral NPCs at this time other than the Spirit. You complete the 3 available quests if you want and then head to the Spirit.

The Summoner!
After talking to the Spirit, you are sent to discover the portal the Dalarian Summoners are planning to use to travel to Birth and launch their attack. You do a lot of walking...to the other side of the plains outside Kaldore and then you'll see a massive red portal on the other side of a lake. You just walk around and walk into it. You then fight through skeletons, or sneak past them and attack the Summoner. He'll spawn a few Skeletons, and unless you're Level 10+, it will be a nice challenge and you're going to have to attack and run away to heal a few times before you kill them all. Don't worry about dying, you'll respawn at the portal entrance and be able to just run back and finish them off. Once the Summoner is killed, head back to the Spirit by exiting via the portal and heading back to Kaldore.

I'm submitting detailed feedback to the developers right now.

Try it out if you like, once the updates start rolling out, expect the price to go up!

Everything the players submit will be taken into consideration. This game can become what everyone would like it to be...so jump in now and start shaping Birth!
03-26-2011, 04:42 PM
Came out of nowhere....looks like a game using Unity

If it's any good I'll bite, but I already have a massive backlog. I'll be watching this thread though.

03-26-2011, 04:46 PM
Don't want to be too harsh, but this looks like a half-assed Aralon. Not going to bother grabbing this one. 2 full folders of unplayed/unfinished RPGs currently, and this looks worse than anything I have.

The terrible app description which was never even spell-checked doesn't help either.

Twitter: @back2this
03-26-2011, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
Don't want to be too harsh, but this looks like a half-assed Aralon. Not going to bother grabbing this one. 2 full folders of unplayed/unfinished RPGs currently, and this looks worse than anything I have.

The terrible app description which was never even spell-checked doesn't help either.
It's in a very...early stage so the gameplay may be revamped or severely upgraded over time. The graphics are average and the gameplay is interesting, and they remind me of an old mmorpg for the PC. Can't remember the name though. Nevertheless, I find it quite enjoyable, but it really comes down to how enthusiastic you are before you start playing! I'll be sticking with this one for a while and see what sort of a ride the Developers will take us on.
03-26-2011, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post

It actually looks like Aralon did prior to Cresent Moon redoing the graphics.
03-26-2011, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drez View Post
It actually looks like Aralon did prior to Cresent Moon redoing the graphics.
I was going to write the same thing .
03-26-2011, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
I surely hope this developer made this game honestly.....the resemblance is pretty spot on.

Maybe it's just because it's Unity (I have to imagine it is).
03-26-2011, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Playing through so far:

There are 8 save games you can create a character on - only the 1 save game per character, so no multiple saves. I will be suggesting to Sculpture to allow multiple save games in case one becomes corrupted or bugged as many games seem to do nowdays. Doesn't affect the game much though. No bugs yet.

The combat is animated - got to love the rat that continuously jumped at my crotch. Very basic animation for punching though (Straight out of 60s/70s films). Very amusing. The combat is traditional automatic - not controlled by buttons or the like. Target, press attack and watch the action play out using skills and the like while you wait.

The soundtrack in the crypt is ominous, and does set an atmosphere. The camera controls are automatically set to your character and move with him. I would like for higher sensitivity manual controls too, I hate waiting for the camera to move around, but it doesn't detract from gameplay.

Difficulty seems to be area-based, as the dungeon held no creature I couldn't kill with my bare hands. Even the skeleton wielding a sword felt my FISTS OF FURY! (lol)

After exiting your tomb, you are greeted by the Spirit which called to you when you first woke from your deathly slumber. You are told to speak to the villagers in the small village of Kaldore, there are about 8 or so houses, with a handful of villagers standing around. The first quest I found was to find a young boy who had ventured into a cave and had not returned yet (very clichd) but nevertheless something to do.

I should also add: When you die, you simply respawn near the village.
Armour appears on your person when you equip it, and weapons appear when attacking.

Last edited by Jakeo; 03-26-2011 at 05:36 PM.
03-26-2011, 05:55 PM
just downloaded, running around first dungeon, feels a little wow like as in targeting mobs, highlight and wail away, only 10 mins in but looks promising, would be good if you could play same char on ipad and iphone instaed of 2 differnt games, will keep playing
03-26-2011, 06:00 PM
it looks like wow but certainly it make not you scream "WOW" (No offensive, politically correct!)

I love this world!