★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: I'm Already Freeballin': Now Pinball Dreams or Wild West??

04-05-2009, 06:28 AM
I'm Already Freeballin': Now Pinball Dreams or Wild West??

Freeballin' is such a great game that it has put me in the mood to add to my collection of pinball tables!
I can't decide between Pinball Dreams or Wild West, so I thought I'd ask other pinballers.
Which is the better deal in terms of value and enjoyment?
Pinball Dreams for $6, or Wild West for $3?
04-05-2009, 07:00 AM
for value and enjoymentwould be pinball dreams

for graphics and realism would be Wild West

04-05-2009, 07:22 AM
Second for Pinball Dreams. Fun tables, classic game, and well done.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
04-05-2009, 12:31 PM
My ranking is

1) Wild West Pinball
2) Pinball Dreaming
3) Freeballin
4) Zen Pinball Inferno
5) Zen Pinball Rollercoaster

Wild West easily by a wide margin has best physics and probably most potential if they add more tables and adjust a few things. I have most fun with Wild West Pinball thus #1 ranking. Having said that I don't recommend any pinball games on iphone currently. Look how long it took for iphone to get a decent car racing game almost 10 months. Looks like it'll be a few more months for a decent pinball game who knows.
04-05-2009, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbass View Post
My ranking is

1) Wild West Pinball
2) Pinball Dreaming
3) Freeballin
4) Zen Pinball Inferno
5) Zen Pinball Rollercoaster

Wild West easily by a wide margin has best physics and probably most potential if they add more tables and adjust a few things. I have most fun with Wild West Pinball thus #1 ranking. Having said that I don't recommend any pinball games on iphone currently. Look how long it took for iphone to get a decent car racing game almost 10 months. Looks like it'll be a few more months for a decent pinball game who knows.
Sounds like a good lineup, I don't have all of them, but I would imagine my order would look like that as well... I have been waiting on a price drop on the Zen tables for months now....

Gamecenter:1337brian
04-05-2009, 12:56 PM
lol me too, freeballin' reminded me how awesome pinball is. I just got pinball dreaming, I'll post my impressions here in a bit if you'd like.
04-05-2009, 12:58 PM
Wild West. No question. Best pinball on the iDevice to date. Can't wait to see what the first update brings!!!!

↪ GameCenter : Igoo
04-05-2009, 01:24 PM
Pinball Dreams is still the best.
Way better than Freeballin' (TOO EMPTY and boring).

{ Permanently addicted to: 868-HACK }
I perform. Therefore I am. You should book me.
..::: METROCCOLIS :::..
04-05-2009, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igoo View Post
Wild West. No question. Best pinball on the iDevice to date. Can't wait to see what the first update brings!!!!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Pretty much this.
04-05-2009, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by your personal robot View Post
Pinball Dreams is still the best.
Way better than Freeballin' (TOO EMPTY and boring).
Have you tried Wild West yet? I have not tried Pinball Dreams, but WW is MUCH better than the Zen table I have (Rollercoaster).

I am extremely impressed with WW...it has some innovative (for an iDevice pinball game) use of camera...excellent physics...excellent graphics...and (best of all) EXCELLENT table design. Not just the sim, but the table they chose to simulate...really a great, old-school table with GREAT game play.

Even the way the player puts the ball in play is far better than what I've seen elsewhere.

Big thumbs up for Wild West Pinball. I highly recommend it.