Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iOS Apps

Old 11-01-2008, 11:38 PM
iPhone 4

Default Apps for musicians

I know there at least a few musicians around here.

What music apps do you guys use?
I've been getting a lot of use out of Pianist and Beatmaker. Every music should have those two.

I also have using ITM Matrix and ITM Midilab along with Logic.
Cleartune has been a great tuner for me.

I recently downloaded Synthpond and it's pretty interesting. It's mostly meant to just play around with, but it has some serious functionality as well.
Old 11-01-2008, 11:55 PM

I cannot stop using Drum Kit lol

I like Guitarist for the whammy bar/tremolo... The wah is pretty cool, but it's too unresponsive
Old 11-02-2008, 12:03 AM

BeatMaker is great. It was the first app I got, the only one I'd happily pay $20 for (okay, except for OmniFocus, but that's a productivity thing). I just got Noise.io, but I haven't messed with it yet.

The two that I use the most (other than BeatMaker) are PaklSound (think TenoriOn), and BtBx, which is like ReBirth for the iPhone (and, thus, awesome!).

I should mention, these are both primarily for messing with music/sounds, not for creating a song.

When it gets a little cheaper, I'll probably grab Bloom, but that's really just for playing with sounds, not a *true* musicians' app.
Old 11-02-2008, 12:08 AM
iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tosui View Post
BeatMaker is great. It was the first app I got, the only one I'd happily pay $20 for (okay, except for OmniFocus, but that's a productivity thing). I just got Noise.io, but I haven't messed with it yet.

The two that I use the most (other than BeatMaker) are PaklSound (think TenoriOn), and BtBx, which is like ReBirth for the iPhone (and, thus, awesome!).

I should mention, these are both primarily for messing with music/sounds, not for creating a song.

When it gets a little cheaper, I'll probably grab Bloom, but that's really just for playing with sounds, not a *true* musicians' app.
I'm tempted to get noise.io, but I'm not sure I'll use it. I'm not much for synth sounds, though I haven't messed with synths a lot. I might get it; I'm still debating. Let me know what you think about it.

Last edited by NotYou; 11-02-2008 at 12:15 AM..
Old 11-02-2008, 01:46 AM

Default Apps for Musicians: Noise.io Pro

I'm an avid user of BeatMaker, and just recently purchased Noise.io. So far it is the best synth I've tried and can definitely get some creative juices flowing if nothing else. If it were cross-compatible to BeatMaker, it would be a dream-team duo of must-have apps for budding musicians, or whatever you may call yourself. I recommend it.
Old 11-02-2008, 01:48 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

I use pocketguitar for those 2 minute guitar sessions, and i also have Guitar Toolkit. Its great for a quick and easy tuner that works very well. It also has a great chord library that you can strum to see if you are it playing right. Those two recommended for any guitarist.
Old 11-02-2008, 04:09 AM

i bought pocket guitar when i first got my ipod touch and i hated it. i realized it's more of a toy than something that can be put to good use. i don't mess with beat makers, synths, band, or any other kind of instrument simulation app.

instead, i use karajan to work on my musicianship and theory. it covers a good amount of areas such as pitch, intervals, even tempo. i use karajan more than any other app i've bought.

karajan ftw!
Old 11-03-2008, 12:50 AM
iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchGene View Post
I'm an avid user of BeatMaker, and just recently purchased Noise.io. So far it is the best synth I've tried and can definitely get some creative juices flowing if nothing else. If it were cross-compatible to BeatMaker, it would be a dream-team duo of must-have apps for budding musicians, or whatever you may call yourself. I recommend it.
There's apparently a rumor going around that noise.io is currently attempting to get their app to export directly to Beatpack (if you use Beatmaker you know what that is). I think that might be as good as we can expect to get, but it'd still be awesome.

I'm really considering Noise.io now. I've never been into synths, but I'm pretty impressed with it so far.

Last edited by NotYou; 11-03-2008 at 12:55 AM..
Old 11-03-2008, 02:15 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchGene View Post
The creators of Noise.io are currently negotiating with Intua to allow that functionality! I love Noise.io and Beatmaker! They are sweet for composing and I can'twait untill they implement record functionality too.

Last edited by Haephestos; 11-03-2008 at 02:17 AM..
Old 11-03-2008, 11:55 AM
iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haephestos View Post
The creators of Noise.io are currently negotiating with Intua to allow that functionality! I love Noise.io and Beatmaker! They are sweet for composing and I can'twait untill they implement record functionality too.
Found this in Noise.io's forum. It's from the devs. He's talking about exporting directly Beatmaker:

"We (the Amidio team) are ready to provide such a functionality.

We've been contacting Intua sice August and finally came to a decision that this could be implemented.

It will most probably be done when we get a kind of API from Intua.

QUOTE FROM INTUA: ...we are working into ways to exchange data between the two programs via a new version of BeatPack, we will get into more details once we are set on our part.

If something won't work out, we will implement WAV export to our own server (could be several variants of that, will run a public poll then)

We just do not want to end up with users having tons of servers for different apps."

-----------------------------------------------

I'm officially getting noise.io now. That's amazing. I ever thought of using the iPhone for music creation when got it. This is goes way beyond my expectations.

If someone would make a music scoring app I'd be thrilled. I think the iPhone would be a perfect platform for it. It could even export to MIDI, like Beatmaker does.

That's one app I've been keeping my eyes open for, but so far there hasn't even been a rumor of it. Any devs out there listening to this?

Last edited by NotYou; 11-03-2008 at 12:00 PM..