Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iOS Apps

Old 10-22-2012, 08:31 PM
iPad Air

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joebob1717 View Post
I don't think I can download garage band because you need the latest os I only have 4.3 and don't really want to update.
Oh ok, it does work on 5.1 tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drelbs View Post
A bit late for the sale, but I finally got around to playing with Beatsurfing and it was fun.

Reminds me a lot of my Yamaha TX-802's (I've got a pair set to handle even/odd MIDI notes) where you can set up nifty patterns amongst the 8 voices where they cycle like (1>2>3,4>5>6,7>8) meaning each note press gives you 147>258>367>148>257>368>... making for some great percussion and ambiance.
I got beatsurfing during the sale too. Haven't tried it yet tho, but just recently tried doing MIDI over wifi for the first time evah using Alchemy Mobile to control the desktop version. Why haven't I been arsed to try this wifi stuff before? It's way fun lol. Gonna try to wrap my head around the other stuff you wrote tomorrow when my head stops spinning.

Efrat: I'm sure you meant synthesizer when mentioning Animoog?

Another cool sampler besides Thumbjam is SampleWiz. No multi sampler but does all kinds of wizardry inside the app. And yes, you can disable the annoying wizard crap like startup sounds, animations of flying wizards etc that Jordan Rudess insist on having in his stuff.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:47 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by EfratBarTal View Post
great suggestions. Thumbjam is awesome. here are some more:

Guitar: for guitar sounds, i found iShred to be the best software guitar for the iOS. if you don't have an actual real guitar, pick this one up.

8-bit/chip: definitely SunVox (and you can download the desktop version for free).

Drums: drums have lots of apps but DM1 is pretty solid.

Choir/Melodic vocals: Improvox is pretty sweet.

Sampling: there are huge amount of these, but i think Animoog is definitely a must.
Sunvox looks confusing , Is it really complicated or will it be easy once I learn how to use it?
Old 10-23-2012, 03:18 AM
iPad Air

Quote:
Sunvox looks confusing , Is it really complicated or will it be easy once I learn how to use it?
If you never seen/used a tracker interface before (like the good old Fasttracker or some Amiga tracker for example) it might be a bit confusing until you learn it obviously. And everything here is completely modular so you can´t just fire it up and start playing away without atleast connecting a few modules to the main output. Modules here are a few synths, some sampler, bunch of effects and so on that you connect to the main output "box" in anyway you want. Like a simple serial connection would be synth module/sound source --> effect ---> another effect --> main output. And have that newly made instument connected to any of the tracks you wanna input notes/parameters on. But even if it´s actually really easy once you learn it, it is going to be complicated on a 3,5 inch touchscreen. Try the desktop version and imagine cramin all that stuff on to a 3,5 inch screen, you´re probably going to get a aneurysm before getting any music done.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:40 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1a View Post
Try the desktop version and imagine cramin all that stuff on to a 3,5 inch screen, you´re probably going to get a aneurysm before getting any music done.
i disagree with you here. i've spent a bit of time fiddling with sunvox on my iphone, and i have learned that i can be quite productive with it. the touch capabilities were put to good use by the developer and even on a small screen composing and mixing music is not a difficult task.

Other than that, yes, sunvox is extremely modular and takes some time to familiarize oneself with, but is very powerful and a lot of neat things can be accomplished by using it (one example is the random sound generator)
Old 10-23-2012, 06:36 AM

I think I might try sunvox if it goes on sale.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:01 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

FL Studio Mobile 2 waiting for approval

it will be pretty great when it is out. will be very interesting to see how it compares with the other music makers out there.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:18 PM

Quote:
FL Studio Mobile 2 waiting for approval

it will be pretty great when it is out. will be very interesting to see how it compares with the other music makers out there.
That's exciting I wonder what it will be priced at, hopefully not to much. I always hate to drop 15$ on an app
Old 10-24-2012, 06:03 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Quote:
That's exciting I wonder what it will be priced at, hopefully not to much. I always hate to drop 15$ on an app
i think it's going to be $15, and i'll be surprised if it'll be lower

still will buy it, though.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:03 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Quote:
Quote:
i think it's going to be $15, and i'll be surprised if it'll be lower

still will buy it, though.
Anyone know if it will it be universal this time around?

I was very surprised at the double-dip considering that the app it's based on is universal...
Old 10-24-2012, 01:08 PM
iPad Air

Quote:
Originally Posted by drelbs View Post
I was very surprised at the double-dip considering that the app it's based on is universal...
This! I mean there's no reason whatsoever for a music app like this not be universal since there are not exactly loads of high and low resolution graphic assets etc (like in a game for example). I guess the reason would be more dollaros for Image Line and Xewton...