★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Electronic Arts
  • Genre: Sports
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 255.1 MB
  • Version: 1.0.2
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: TEE OFF WITH TIGER FOR FREE! Experience the PGA TOUR like a pro as Tiger Woods or your own custom golfer. Play through 3 holes of the fan favorite course TPC Sawgrass and shoot it out with Facebook friends with the innovative Closest to the Pin Challenge.

For the beauty, intensity, and pure fun of golf, theres simply no other game for iPhone & iPod touch thats on par with Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12 and you can play for FREE!

Find out in the Closest to the Pin Challenge. See shots from your Facebook friends, check out how you rank against them on the leaderboard, and challenge them to beat your best shot.

Enhanced graphic quality made to maximize the Retina Display lets you soak in the feeling of standing on TPC Sawgrass including the famous Island Green. Meanwhile, smoother and more precise touch controls let you attack the greens and sink that clutch birdie putt in winning style.

For more information about the ad serving technology in this app, see License Agreement.
** DON'T MISS OUR OTHER EXCITING GAMES! ** SCRABBLE, The Sims 3, TETRIS®, MONOPOLY, Madden NFL 11 by EA Sports, Pogo Games FREE, Liqua Pop, ROCK BAND® Reloaded, Need for Speed Hot Pursuit & Surviving High School FREE

GIFT THIS APP: Click the Buy App arrow on the iTunes® App Store

Be the first to know! Get inside EA info on great deals, plus the latest game updates, tips & more
VISIT US: ea.com/iphone
FOLLOW US: twitter.com/eamobile
LIKE US: facebook.com/eamobile
WATCH US: youtube.com/eamobilegames

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

Retina Screenshots
(click to enlarge)

International Version : http://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/tiger-woods-pga-tour-12-world/id427647744?mt=8

Lite : http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tiger-woods-pga-tour-12-free/id427295069?mt=8
03-28-2011, 05:31 AM
I'm impressed. Looks good. I heard one of the mini games are to see how many texts messages you can send to different hoes around the world. I can't wait to play this home.

Game Center I.D- Fastbridge

Twitch TV Channel Name- Donafello

03-28-2011, 05:51 AM
Didn't realize people were still doing those jokes, thought they were old by now....

03-28-2011, 05:52 AM
Hmm no ipad nz release ?

Strange to release on a tuesday isnt ?

Made the Front Page at Pocket Gamer AND Touch Arcade!!!
goo.gl/xjVio & http://goo.gl/aKtJL
03-28-2011, 06:09 AM
I just played the lite version of this game, and i have to say that it is absolutely and utterly BRILLIANT. everything is spot on.
03-28-2011, 08:05 AM
It says 'on ipad' - hoping its a universal build since we just got an iPad 2. Glad to hear they did something for retina display, even though the pix make the graphics look basic.
03-28-2011, 09:16 AM
I just used my fake NZ account to download the lite version and played the last 3 holes of TPC Sawgrass. As expected, the graphics look significantly better, gameplay kinda feels the same (which is good), but my goodness, what did they do to the commentary feature? It's almost nonexistent! You only hear them sparsely, mainly on the greens. One of the things I liked about the 010 version was the lively commentaries by Torrance & Tilgman, which I thought was better than even the PSP version.

Also, kinda disappointed by the absence of Augusta. The only new courses in this version are Greenbreir, Hazeltine and the Predator.

03-28-2011, 09:28 AM
Is there any sort of career mode?
03-28-2011, 09:40 AM
Re: sound -- maybe EA stripped the commentary to make the Lite version smaller; I'd reserve judgment for the full version.

Re: career -- the original had a full year calendar with multiple events you could buy into, as you earned cash and developed your custom golfer.

03-28-2011, 10:19 AM
Originally Posted by sticktron View Post
Re: sound -- maybe EA stripped the commentary to make the Lite version smaller..
I thought so too, but then there's not that big of a size difference between the lite version (213 MB , 270 MB expanded) and the full version (250 MB, ? expanded). Anywho, we'll see.