★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Take a journey from the sordid parts of the City of Hope to the deepest parts of your mind...
As Martin, your life is hectic and nerve-wracking. You live in a world of law and order... Where the police are brutal and merciless. Where the words of the Grand Emperor are more important than the cry of millions.

The Secret of Moonwall Palace was featured in the New & Noteworthy, Whats Hot, What Were Playing, and Episodic Games sections of the App Store!

The Secret of Moonwall Palace - Murder on the Mumbai Express was a second best game in TouchArcade Game of the Week contest!

"All the elements of a fine game are there, including a nice cast of characters, a decent enough storyline, and wonderful hand-drawn graphics." - 148apps.com

"Fans of point and click adventure games, particularly those that enjoy the Myst series, will definitely get some fun out of the game." - 148apps.com

"Great thematic score; original setting; intriguing plot twist." - Adventure Gamers

"I must admit the characters themselves are quite distinct and not easily placed in common archetypes" - TouchMyApps.com

"I would like to note something about the graphics theyre excellent." - TouchMyApps.com

"The developers have put in an original backstory, great hand-drawn graphics and reasonable writing." - TouchMyApps.com

Game features:
Beautiful, hand drawn visuals.
An amazing story set in a troubled urban-fantasy world, shattered by magic, horror and intrigue.
Multiple secondary characters, ready to help you... or to stand in your way.
Breathtaking soundtrack created by experienced professional composers.
Hours of captivating gameplay.
More than 50 backgrounds and locations.
Dozens of objects to pick up and interact with.
Hundreds of dialogue lines, descriptions and documents.
Real-time gameplay experience in 24 hours mode.
Partially non-linear gameplay.
Advanced hint system.
Hotspot display system.
Twitter integration.

*** Become a fan on Facebook: TheMoonwalls ***

*** For anybody hopelessly stuck with the game, please write to us, using contact form at our website: themoonwalls.com ***

TheMoonwalls's comments:

Description

✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮
"All the elements of a fine game are there, including a nice cast of characters, a decent enough storyline, and wonderful hand-drawn graphics." - 148Apps.com

"I must admit the characters themselves are quite distinct and not easily placed in common archetypes.
(...)
I would like to note something about the graphics – they’re excellent.
(...)
the developers have put in an original backstory, great hand-drawn graphics and reasonable writing." - TouchMyApps
✮✮✮✮✮✮✮✮

"Great storyline, characters and artwork" by Bigass Momma

"Great adventure game! - A must-have for adventure fans" by Renate Rehn

"Very fun, great for wasting some time. Really enjoyed this one. Worth the money" by Dabohigi

"Great world - Terrific worldview and style." by CaptainChoco

GREETINGS CITIZEN!

Take a journey from the sordid parts of the City of Hope… to the deepest parts of your mind.

Many years after The Salvation Day, our glorious society is standing at the portal to the future!

Having asked yourself what can you do for our country; Today you ask what our country can do for you!

The future begins Today! Enjoy your opportunity to play the official game of the Great Emperor!

STORY:
As Martin, your life is hectic and nerve-wracking.
You live in a world of law and order...
Where the police are brutal and merciless.
Where the words of the Great Emperor are more important than the cry of millions.

FEATURES:
√ Beautiful, hand-drawn artworks!
√ Multi-touch interactions!
√ Intuitive interface!
√ Advanced hint system!
√ Show Hotspots option!
√ Amazing storyline in the urban fantasy world!
√ Partially nonlinear gameplay!
√ Wonderful stereo soundtrack made by professional composers!
√ 21 huge and 19 smaller backgrounds!
√ 12 collectible items!
√ Over 100 pages of dialogues, descriptions and documents!
√ 13 Non-Playable but interactive Characters!
√ 4 animated cut-scenes!
√ Many hours of gameplay!
√ Special version for iPad and iPad 2!

…and, this is just the first episode!
03-28-2011, 05:03 PM
Hello everyone!

Just want to let you know about the new update. We sent it to Apple today, so it should be available really soon!

List of changes:
1. Redesigned Virtual Analog Stick
2. Better performance
3. Shorter loading times
4. Minor bug fixes

AppStore Link

Regards,
The Moonwalls.

Last edited by TheMoonwalls; 04-03-2011 at 08:05 AM.

03-28-2011, 05:44 PM
Looks a bit pricey at the moment. Any comments or anyone seen a video?
Perhaps a lite version is in the pipeline?
03-28-2011, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bastband View Post
Hello bastband.
There won't be lite version in the nearest future - we have too much work with the second episode.
If you would like to read some impressions, there are some reviews of iPhone version: AppStore Link
I would be happy to answer your future questions.

Regards,
The Moonwalls.

Last edited by TheMoonwalls; 04-03-2011 at 08:05 AM.
03-28-2011, 10:41 PM
Quote:
I'm sorry, but $3.99 is not pricey for an iPad game. It's only a dollar more than the iPhone version. If that seems pricey, where in the world did you get the cash for an iPad, paper route? lol

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
03-28-2011, 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djflippy View Post
I'm sorry, but $3.99 is not pricey for an iPad game. It's only a dollar more than the iPhone version. If that seems pricey, where in the world did you get the cash for an iPad, paper route? lol
I don't like your comment. The tone is rather inappropriate, while even the intended point would only be correct if after buying an iPad, this was the only game the person you're addressing had the intention of buying.
03-29-2011, 01:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djflippy View Post
To answer your question, which really is my business alone, I do have a second job, from which I take funds for my iPad.
03-29-2011, 02:03 PM
Quote:
$3.99 US = EUR 2.83

The price of a regular movie ticket here in the Netherlands is EUR 9.00

It is your business (and I'm sorry) if you can't afford it but I find it hard to imagine that in this day and age that anyone over the age of 10 can call $3.99 US pricey and keep a straight face.

But then again YMMV.

Mac user since 1988
03-29-2011, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by funambulist View Post
$3.99 US = EUR 2.83

The price of a regular movie ticket here in the Netherlands is EUR 9.00

It is your business (and I'm sorry) if you can't afford it but I find it hard to imagine that in this day and age that anyone over the age of 10 can call $3.99 US pricey and keep a straight face.

But then again YMMV.
Strange how my original comment on the game in this topic, which was my own and mine only, opinion, has changed into a pointed attack on me.
03-29-2011, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
I don't like your comment. The tone is rather inappropriate, while even the intended point would only be correct if after buying an iPad, this was the only game the person you're addressing had the intention of buying.
Well, you are the expert on inappropriate tone, Gabrien.

Joke withdrawn, bastband. I apologize, if you took it to heart, but that's all it was.

The thrust of the statement, however, still stands; it is my opinion that $4 not too pricey for iPad app.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL