★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Almost every child played with toy cars, now you can play these sensational races on your iPad in top-down racer style. Select your favourite car and playroom and get ready to go. Progress through the races, collect more and more stars to unlock new vehicles and locations.

GAME MODES
Put the pedal down to cross the finish line first in Race mode. You will be awarded stars depending on your final position. You can also collect stars in Star Hunt mode or improve your driving skills and beat the clock in Time Trial.

ROOMS
Challenge your opponents in 4 different playrooms.

VEHICLES
6 vehicle categories, each with 4 paint jobs, different performance and driving characteristics.

FEATURES
- 4 beautiful scenes to explore
- 6 different vehicles
- 3 game modes
- Stunning 3D graphics powered by Metal on compatible devices
- Realistic physics simulation
- Easy to learn touch or tilt controls
- Game Center leaderboards
03-29-2011, 08:30 PM
Would TOFTT but I'm about to dash out the door - that said, looks like an Instabuy. If it is as good as appearances would suggest, it'll be the first thing I buy when I come back tonight. Loved the original Micro Machines games (and toys) as a kid.

03-29-2011, 11:44 PM
I took the plunge. It definitely is more challenging than it's kiddie nature appears. There are many control options such as tilt to steer and arrow controls almost identical to reckless racing. The tracks have many obstacles and the margin for error is small. Didn't seem like a rubber band ai at all. This is good and bad. It's good cause you are slightly faster. It's bad because the camera is just a bit to close to the track and when you get up to full speed obstacles come up faster than you can react. This doesn't make the game bad but I find I have to divert all my attention to the track and not the other racers, jumps, obstacles and track features that make the game fun. It really is just like reckless racing or doodle kart with a unique environment. If it had more view of the track like reckless racing I actually think it would be better. Anyway hope it helps. I would say with some patience it is good. With an update to the camera it would be perfect. Either way I think the dev worked hard on it and it's a steal for 2 bucks. By the way just got my iPad 2 from radio shack today and it's awesome.
03-30-2011, 05:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bckrupps View Post
If it had more view of the track like reckless racing I actually think it would be better. Anyway hope it helps. I would say with some patience it is good. With an update to the camera it would be perfect.
Thanks for your suggestion! We are working on making the camera adjustable.
03-30-2011, 08:27 AM
It looks good but I would have thought a simple and significant improvement would be to add a small track layout in the corner, as on many similar racing games, to help drivers see what is coming up.
03-30-2011, 08:58 AM
iPhone version in the works?
03-30-2011, 12:00 PM
I really think with an adjustment to the camera a small track layout isnt needed as the tracks aren't big like real racing and such and in my opinion would take away some of the fun besides with all the obstacles and great equality between the computer and yourself nobody is getting 8 second leads here.
03-30-2011, 12:18 PM
Bought this one the second I saw it, for $2 it's an easy risk... especially since this game looks great. I'll post impressions after I've had some time to play it.
03-30-2011, 12:53 PM
How are the control options? Does it have virtual stick? Because me no like tilt controls at all. But this reminds me of Micro Machines which I loved loved loved so much.
03-30-2011, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorsound View Post
iPhone version in the works?
iPhone version is in review now, it should be out soon.