★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Bale
  • Genre: Simulation
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 48.5 MB
  • Version: 1.2
  • Price: $4.99
  • Average User Rating: 3 (1)
App description: From Sketch City Downtown to Doodle Sea, Hazardous Space to Aliens Nest, Cosmic Bird brings you the very best arcade style shooter game experience. As the worlds finest Fighter Jets united together to fight off the invasion alien forces, it is up to you to pick your very own favorite Jets from worlds six power nations and 10 most elite Fighter Jets to do your part. With over a dozen unique power attack skill packages to choose from, the only things that stand between you and Earth victory are the massive alien forces and some really nasty bosses.

Features
-10 Jets
-12 Power Up Items
-Bosses with rich attack patterns and transformations.
-Retina Display
-5 Themes
-4 Control Styles
-Score Leader Board and Achievements
-Game Center

-IMPORTANT NOTICE- Please read the below before purchasing.

*This game is optimal on iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 3rd Generation and up

theteamster's comments:
A unique style of up and down shooter game, hope you guys like it.

03-29-2011, 10:04 PM
Am I the only one that thinks this looks pretty dang cool? I guess so...such a shame, it does look really nice. I just wish I could afford it, but I guess it'll go on my wishlist for now.

Playing:|Roboto|Cordy|QuBit|Amazing Breaker|Awesome Saucer|Groove Coaster|Gesundheit!|
Favorites:|PoP:WW|Infinity Blade|World of Goo|Phoenix|Danmaku|PewPew2|Alien Space Retro|Battleheart|Gears| LGR2|iDaTank|PvZ|ME|To-Fu|Anodia|Lego HP|Fruit Ninja|I Dig It 2|Soosiz|

03-29-2011, 10:36 PM
Where's the video?
03-29-2011, 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by legowiz View Post
Am I the only one that thinks this looks pretty dang cool? I guess so...such a shame, it does look really nice. I just wish I could afford it, but I guess it'll go on my wishlist for now.
Why would you think that? There was a decent amount of praise in the upcoming topic. I'd still like to see a video though, if it's taking the bullet hell route I'm gonna need a decent frame rate.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
03-29-2011, 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
Why would you think that? There was a decent amount of praise in the upcoming topic. I'd still like to see a video though, if it's taking the bullet hell route I'm gonna need a decent frame rate.
I agree. I've seen a couple of games advertising "bullet hell", and their screenshots looked great, but the framerate was horrendous, even on a 3GS.

And my comment from the upcoming thread still worries me... in the screenshots, your missiles obscure enemy bullets. That could be a HUGE problem for games like this. Same for having a unclear hitbox. Is the whole ship a valid target, or just the cockpit?

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
03-29-2011, 11:08 PM
He said the missiles only obscure enemy bullets when you're using a powered up attack, in which case the enemy bullets get destroyed anyway so it shouldn't be a problem.

I decided to buy it anyway though so I can let you know soon. In about 10 minutes or so... man my connection sucks.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
03-29-2011, 11:12 PM
Framerate is fantastic, so are the controls (relative touch).
But the loading times are way too long for me to enjoy that game.
Weapon system is nice though. You have to buy specials like weapons, timed extras, bombs... and you keep your earned points that you spend in the shop for these extras after your death, so this game is about repeating over and over again to get better items to surpass certain hard passages (and it's a quite hard game from the beginning).

My first impressions of 10 minutes of play.
But the loading times really turn me off.

{ Permanently addicted to: 868-HACK }
I perform. Therefore I am. You should book me.
..::: METROCCOLIS :::..
03-30-2011, 12:11 AM
Just restarting my device because the game crashed after the main menu... I've already noticed something though, the title screen says "Cosmic Birds" while the app name and iTunes say "Cosmic Bird". Oversight?

Edit: Second crash, same place. Now closing all of my other apps...

Edit edit: Third crash! One more restart and then I'm giving up and holding out for an update. The dev might want to look into this.

Final edit: No use guys iPod Touch 4th Gen, constant crashes after the very first load screen upon pressing New Game. I hope this gets addressed quickly because the artwork looks fantastic.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Last edited by MidianGTX; 03-30-2011 at 12:31 AM.
03-30-2011, 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
Final edit: No use guys iPod Touch 4th Gen, constant crashes after the very first load screen upon pressing New Game. I hope this gets addressed quickly because the artwork looks fantastic.
Darn. I was hoping this one would be good too, on the strength of it's art style. I guess I'll be waiting for an update. Thanks for checking it out Midian.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
03-30-2011, 12:30 AM
I can always play 1 game. After dying, if I want to continue and start a second game, game crashes 100%. Always have to restart the app to continue.

{ Permanently addicted to: 868-HACK }
I perform. Therefore I am. You should book me.
..::: METROCCOLIS :::..