★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Apalon
  • Genre: Simulation
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 18.3 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (3)
App description: Get a chance to make an incredible flight to the stratosphere! Watch out for asteroids and use solar explosions as power ups!

Find out if you have the reflexes and skill to make it around the world and beyond with the all new flight simulator "Aeroflick".

Aeroflick will take you on a journey through time and space as the pilot of your very own paper airplane. This is no ordinary paper airplane, and you are no ordinary pilot. In this adventure you will venture through various obstacles and landscapes unlocking achievements and setting records. Only the very best of you will make it beyond the stratosphere and into the great unknown.

Godspeed, pilot. Glory is calling your name.
03-30-2011, 07:28 AM
I have a couple of paper airplane games that glide through rooms, offices, and varied outdoor locales. I'm curious as to what sets this one apart. A gameplay vid would be helpful for those on the fence.

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy

03-30-2011, 08:11 AM
At this stage I would settle for a single gameplay screenshot.

Icon is a window to game's soul...
03-30-2011, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugekava View Post
At this stage I would settle for a single gameplay screenshot.
Here you go:

The 1st shows the beginning of the game, while the second shows the plane in the air.
03-30-2011, 10:46 AM
It is not bad for .99 but it is not that great either.

Graphics look good but they are basically just still pictures in the background, there are times when you can see seams in the pictures. I would have much rather seen the art work used to advertise this used in the game.

Flick controls work but I am not very good at them. I let my 6 year old daughter flick a few times and see was within 100 feet of the number one spot. She can throw over 5000 every time.

The last thing is that the one level does not seem to be random, so there is a max distance that can be achieved and I think most people are already near it.
03-30-2011, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
It is not bad for .99 but it is not that great either.

Graphics look good but they are basically just still pictures in the background, there are times when you can see seams in the pictures. I would have much rather seen the art work used to advertise this used in the game.

Flick controls work but I am not very good at them. I let my 6 year old daughter flick a few times and see was within 100 feet of the number one spot. She can throw over 5000 every time.

The last thing is that the one level does not seem to be random, so there is a max distance that can be achieved and I think most people are already near it.
Thanks for the feedback, I think you can achieve better results at throwing a plane by adjusting the correct angle, for example if it's too acute you are risking to hit an obstacle, I recommend that you try 45-60 degrees for a longer throw, remember you can use objects on the ground to your advantage, but you'll need some luck to fly over them
03-30-2011, 01:19 PM
This game is so much fun, very addicting.
03-30-2011, 04:24 PM
I'm still trying to throw the plane in that portal!
03-31-2011, 05:40 AM
And here's the gameplay video, so I hope you guys will enjoy it:

03-31-2011, 05:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by melvin2898 View Post
I'm still trying to throw the plane in that portal!
I hope you'll reach it soon Remember, angle+luck=success