★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Upcoming Game Excitement

03-30-2011, 01:46 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Upcoming Game Excitement

it doesn't seem like their is as much excitement over upcoming games anymore... like Minigore for example...

what would it take for TA to get crazy excited about a game again?
03-30-2011, 01:53 PM
You waited quiiite a while to join the forums if you've been lurking since minigore days. hmmm.

03-30-2011, 01:53 PM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
Depends on what its like. If its fresh and new and fills a hole that the appstore needs, then people will go crazy for it. Sometimes, games just look like a hit (Aralon for example). If it also sets the bar for something (Infinity Blade for graphics, ME for longevity) it will get a lot of recognition.
03-30-2011, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNoSuperMan View Post
You waited quiiite a while to join the forums if you've been lurking since minigore days. hmmm.
lol hes a teleporting ninja thats y

List of Games I've Beta Tested
Follow me on Twitter: @Jdragoon19
03-30-2011, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iJay View Post
it doesn't seem like their is as much excitement over upcoming games anymore... like Minigore for example...

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm pretty damn excited for the upcoming Bug Heroes update. It's practically going to be a brand new game with the amount of content packed into it(new heroes, levels, enemies, turrets, etc...).

Been looking forward to Final Fantasy Tactics as well because I know it will play better on the touchscreen opposed to the PSP version. Really have my fingers crossed for an iPad version release the same day as the iPhone/iTouch version since it's most likely not going to offer universal support. Other than that, I guess whatever is intriguing until then...

Game Center: Diligence
03-30-2011, 02:53 PM
Anyone who's anyone is looking forward to the S&S EP iPhone release.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
03-30-2011, 02:53 PM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
Anyone who's anyone is looking forward to the S&S EP iPhone release.
yup. +1
03-30-2011, 09:27 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNoSuperMan View Post
lol nah, I was looking into Minigore and was reading the old TA articles on it...
03-30-2011, 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iJay View Post

Uh a good game?
Please don't tell me you thought that hype over something like Minigore was actually worth it, and you want the same thing to repeat over another unworthy game. O_o
This entire last month, or last two months, has been so slow for new games coming out. Barely anything great came out at all. The only game that I still play that came out over the last two months is Drawn: The Painted Towers on iPad. Other than that I'm still stuck with SFIV, Gamebook Adventures, and Sad Princess.

The underhyped: JuBeat, Drawn: The Painted Tower, Beatrider, Phoenix Wright, Broken Sword, Cut the Rope, Paladog, Isotope, Crystal War, Scarlett

GameCenter: Chocopuff1