★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: EXPERIMENTAL GAMEPLAY brought you games like Canabalt and World of Goo, now there comes another successful runner! H4CK!

In this innovative and addictive sidescroller, you take role of hacker, who's objective is to get as deep into the code as possible and infect as much as possible.

You control your stream of infectation, move it between available area of ones and avoiding zeros (such crossing resolves in crash, thus game over).
But you, as hacker, got some tricks in your sleeve too! Bonuses on your way help you gain or lose speed, increase score or gain limited protection. But what is more important, that's your hacking ability, to manipulate code and change
every non-infected bit from one to zero and vice versa. But be careful! This action requies skill and timing!

So, how good are you?

Belthazzar's comments:
Hello all!

This is my debut, first released game for app store and I am very excited about it

So whats this about?

Well, this is another successful runner from EXPERIMENTAL GAMEPLAY, competition, where games like Canabalt or World of Goo were picked up

This sidescroller is representing a process of hacking. You are infecting the code and you try to get as far as possible. Your tools are to move up or down, stick in dark area (bits with value of "1") and avoid white area (bits with value of "0"), game ends, when you enter the white area.

Your tools are moving up and down within the code or "hack"

Hacking is main tech of the game and its what makes it different from other sidescrollers. Hacking changes value of every uninfected bit. What basicly means it changes white area to dark one and vice versa all around you.
So you need to understand your surroudings and consequences of your actions in order to get higher score. This action requies perfect timing and precision, since if you hack too soon, it changes dark area to white in front of you and you crash.

Another advantage of hacking is uncovering bonuses. There are few:
- "+++" increases your score by 1000 and thats preety big portion.
- ">>" raises your speed by 5 levels
- "<<" slows your speed to half
- square makes your invulnerable for a short moment, which means you can rush into white area without any worries.

Speed is important factor. Makes game siginificantly harder, but also score output is much much higher. For example, on highest speed, you get 20x multiplier.

Game is preety fast, this was one of things I didnt liked on Canabalt or Tiny Wings. Your high score sessions are usually very long, it takes several minutes, Doodle Jump high score takes over a hour. Now, world record is broken in 3 minutes of game and regular run wont take more then 30 seconds. Its fast, thats why score bonus is so high. This isnt toilet game, this is game is for elevator.

I think thats it for presentation, heres some actual info:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/h4ck/id426858523?mt=8&ls=1#

03-31-2011, 07:03 AM
I guess noone finds my game enjoyable

...or they are too busy playing to post any feedback :P

03-31-2011, 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belthazzar View Post

No, it's mostly about "who takes the plunge"...

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
03-31-2011, 07:36 AM

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by ojtitus; 03-31-2011 at 07:43 AM.
03-31-2011, 07:38 AM
P.S.: posting a gameplay video might help, too.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
03-31-2011, 07:41 AM
Looks interesting, love 0 and 1 games :P Might take the plunge soon .
03-31-2011, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belthazzar View Post

You're going to have a hard time getting someone to bite at $2 with nothing but those screenshots to go on.
03-31-2011, 07:43 AM
pics look interesting. how about a video?
03-31-2011, 07:47 AM
Like the trailer.
Jumping right now.

{ Permanently addicted to: 868-HACK }
I perform. Therefore I am. You should book me.
..::: METROCCOLIS :::..
03-31-2011, 07:55 AM
Still confused about the gameplay.....

now playing Tiny Wings, Fruit Ninja, Real Racing 2, cut the rope & Mission Europa