★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Forsbit LLC
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 91.5 MB
  • Version: 2.0.7
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Do you think you are smart enough??? Then try and win in the ultimate 15 Puzzle Challenge! Become the ONLY master of the classic puzzle game!

Invented more than 100 years ago this simple puzzle game is also known as Gem Puzzle, Boss Puzzle, Game of Fifteen or Mystic Square. The object of the puzzle is to place the numbered tiles in order in a 4x4 square by making sliding moves that use the empty space.

15 Puzzle Challenge is offering you great chance to refresh your skills in the well-known puzzle game. All of us used to play it oncebut everything has changed since then. With 15 Puzzle Challenge you can play on your iPhone or iPad and compete against anyone around the globe. Use Game Center to challenge your friends or random players. The competition is really tough and without the practice you wont make it. Play more games, open all achievements and become #1!

Dont forget to tell your friends how good you are - share your personal results on Facebook, Twitter or via email.

And remember Once a winner, always a winner"!!!

Challenging gameplay and classic look
Multiplayer mode - play against your Game Center friends
Unique Achievements
Global Leaderboards
Share your result on Facebook, Twitter or via email

AppAnnex's comments:

03-31-2011, 06:04 AM

what if we do a contest among the 15 puzzle players with several iTunes Gift Cards as the main prizes?

Anyone in?
03-31-2011, 04:39 PM
Nice 15 puzzler - but then again I say that about all of them since I really like them. The Game Center integration appealed to me but sadly many of the challenges are for head to head match ups. 15 puzzle is not a game to compete with, it is a game to relax and have fun with. So doesn't look like I will be getting many of the achievements.

Also, went to look to see just what this online play really was like and there was no one else playing so no way for me to have a match - I mean what is the match up like? We both get the same board and see who solves it first? Cuz random would not work since the beginning set up is really an advantage.

Ideas I thought would be achievements were the way I solve my pocket 15 puzzle:

Solve it backwards 15 ---> 1
Solve it circular - ending in the middle
Odds on top; Even on the bottom -- and the reverse

But the achievements are just how many times you play - how many online match ups you have etc.

Glad it was free because the first version I got for the iOS has the satisfying clicks and no competition to make it feel like the real thing.

Sorry, App Annex, I know this is a good product and it shows how much work you put into it; but just isn't for me sadly. I think many 15 puzzle purists might feel the same way. Perhaps if you add different achievements that showed some creativity (quality not quantity) I would be willing to give it another shot.
04-01-2011, 04:45 AM
Thanks for the reply New England Gamer,

i always admire people expressing their thoughts instead of ignoring the game or the app. That's really awesome!

Regarding the achievements you have suggested: i have already noted them down, if you have more - just send them. I would be glad to mention you as the
"achievement guru" in the game (looks like you have much experience in that game), if you don't mind of course.

As for the online competition, the game just came out, i guess not so many people decided to play online at once. If you wish, we can do some game, me against you ))). My Game Center nickname is OXIG. Bring it on ))))